eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   eBay Discussion! (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/)
-   -   Vintage items...anyone have problems selling "retro".. (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/19040-vintage-items-anyone-have-problems-selling-retro.html)

dupedagain 05-30-2010 07:24 PM

Vintage items...anyone have problems selling "retro"..

was just curious if anyone on this forum has had any issues over selling vintage items on ebay...you know like collectibles, furniture, clothing, mostly...

TGMT² 05-30-2010 07:32 PM

Nope! GREAT way to make money on eBay without VERO take-downs.

95% of my inventory is derived from Garage/Yard/Estate Sales and I would say a big percentage of my sales are from Vintage and Retro items.

(HINT.... Customers LOVE to see the word "Retro" in the title of a listing. ;)

jamblix 05-30-2010 07:35 PM

Ahhh noooo! You reminded me of my first account ever created on eBay my name was vintage-joe. Long suspended in 2006, I did sell vintage items though. I bought old stuff from swap meets, mostly antique or vintage film cameras.

Never had a problem selling them. The reason it got suspended was because I was young and stupid. Well I'm still young and stupid maybe what I meant was younger and more stupid. I sold a guitar and I had no idea how to ship such a huge item so I in essence said screw it and that was it.

You should definitely not have a problem selling vintage or antique items though. Why would you? Unless the item in question is extremely valuable or you're competitors somehow sabotage you. Actually I thought vintage items were the safest things to sell on eBay .

dupedagain 05-30-2010 07:46 PM

hi, thanks for replying...i have been in the vintage/retro/eames thing for over a decade...actually owned a vintage store for 6 years and sold vintage on ebay at the same time...i agree vintage is a great way to make a living..especially if you know your vintage and the history and designers...just was curious if any problems have or had occurred while slanging vintage on the ebay.

slapped 05-30-2010 09:19 PM

Not at all.....as a matter of fact when Ebay finally decides to make this move to a Non Auction Marketplace, The Vintage/Antique catagory may be the ONLY Auctions they allow.

Just steer clear of Cards,Coins, Sports Memorabilia without certificates of Authencity from MAJOR Authenticators, other than that It's GREAT

oge 05-30-2010 10:12 PM

Yes I buy alot of storage unit auctions and get a ton of Vintage items I had a few motorcycle helmets and even some slot cars sold really high I think I paid $55 and made about $1000 after fees. Vintage items are great as the customers are really happy just make sure you pack it well and ship it to the right address because Vintage items are not replaceable! GOOD LUCK!

gibsonton 05-31-2010 09:23 PM

I have spoke about this for almost 2 years on here .. i switched to Vintage full time about 3 years ago and keep 3000-4000 items up and last vero i got was july 2008 and the vero owner was clueless but it is possible ...if you really think about it -youll even see you dont even have to put a vero owner in the title just vintage and the item will usually work on alot of items .

onlineseller 06-18-2010 02:31 AM

tip for selling large/awkward items...

Have it already packed and ready to ship, before you list it (of course take pictures first).

This way you won't get "lazy" and take too long to ship.

When you can provide tracking within 2 hours of auction close, the buyer tends to leave great reviews.

teedon 06-18-2010 08:45 AM

If you can find some good non vero products to sell with high profitable,it will be more better,that point is not easy to find it.

rsot 06-18-2010 08:54 AM

Ha too funny - "in essence said screw it".

There were those times galore in the days of the money order via mail system...by a lot of people.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jamblix (Post 141788)
Ahhh noooo! You reminded me of my first account ever created on eBay my name was vintage-joe. Long suspended in 2006, I did sell vintage items though. I bought old stuff from swap meets, mostly antique or vintage film cameras.

Never had a problem selling them. The reason it got suspended was because I was young and stupid. Well I'm still young and stupid maybe what I meant was younger and more stupid. I sold a guitar and I had no idea how to ship such a huge item so I in essence said screw it and that was it.

You should definitely not have a problem selling vintage or antique items though. Why would you? Unless the item in question is extremely valuable or you're competitors somehow sabotage you. Actually I thought vintage items were the safest things to sell on eBay .

oWell 06-18-2010 09:25 AM

The buyers love affair with the coveted Certificate of Authenticity. I've never understood how the thing that is easier to ⊗⊗⊗⊗ proves that the thing that is harder to ⊗⊗⊗⊗ is real. If you had an old dime-store salt and pepper shaker from the 1970s I promise you could sell it for triple the price if you include a COA you made yourself saying it really is from the 70s. You make the COA yourself and you don't have to lie. It's really incredible. People love the COA.

Quote:

Originally Posted by slapped (Post 141805)
Not at all.....as a matter of fact when Ebay finally decides to make this move to a Non Auction Marketplace, The Vintage/Antique catagory may be the ONLY Auctions they allow.

Just steer clear of Cards,Coins, Sports Memorabilia without certificates of Authencity from MAJOR Authenticators, other than that It's GREAT

slapped 06-18-2010 10:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oWell (Post 145647)
The buyers love affair with the coveted Certificate of Authenticity. I've never understood how the thing that is easier to ⊗⊗⊗⊗ proves that the thing that is harder to ⊗⊗⊗⊗ is real. If you had an old dime-store salt and pepper shaker from the 1970s I promise you could sell it for triple the price if you include a COA you made yourself saying it really is from the 70s. You make the COA yourself and you don't have to lie. It's really incredible. People love the COA.

I was really reffering to Coins, Baseball Cards, and such....Not only do you get Much More Money, but you Virtually have NO Problems with Ebay in reguards to Counterfeit Reporting by other "Members" so fewer Listing Pulldowns