How many PCs do you use? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 06-04-2010

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 82%
Default How many PCs do you use?

To manage so many Amazon and Ebay accounts?

Can't be done one laptop, right?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 06-04-2010
Vicvelcro

Longevity: 0%

Yes, can be done on one machine.

You don't want to know how many I use.
Old 06-04-2010
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,484 Times in 1,192 Posts
Longevity: 91%

3, soon to be 4 - its my birthday soon!!!
Old 06-04-2010

One right now with two accounts. I'm hoping to shoot for 5 laptops and 10 accounts by the time 2011 hits. More PCs just make it easier and less hassle. Worth the investment imo, you can get some pretty inexpensive laptops if all you need them for is business (eBay/Paypal/e-mail/etc.). I'm hoping to have one as my main where I do all my other stuff and the other 4 strictly for business.

-Albert Einstein
Old 06-04-2010
Threadstarter  

Just ordered a new netbook for $240.

Is laptop better netbook? or the same?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamblix View Post
One right now with two accounts. I'm hoping to shoot for 5 laptops and 10 accounts by the time 2011 hits. More PCs just make it easier and less hassle. Worth the investment imo, you can get some pretty inexpensive laptops if all you need them for is business (eBay/Paypal/e-mail/etc.). I'm hoping to have one as my main where I do all my other stuff and the other 4 strictly for business.
Old 06-04-2010
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 1%
Longevity: 91%

I never understood to point of using multiple laptops/pc's when they all will have the same IP address?? Doesn't that kind of defeat the purpose?
Old 06-04-2010
Threadstarter  

You can get different IP for each time you log in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aking View Post
I never understood to point of using multiple laptops/pc's when they all will have the same IP address?? Doesn't that kind of defeat the purpose?
Old 06-04-2010
Vicvelcro

You assume that they will all have the same IP. Perhaps in your environment, that would be true. But for many people, they may not have the same IP. Suppose each were equipped with individual cellular broadband adapters. Or suppose each were plugged directly into a cable modem. Suppose the person were careful to spoof their router every time they plug in a different computer.
Old 06-04-2010

Longevity: 81%

Different computers, inside one computer. Let vmware do all the hard work. A handful of different operating systems installed all in the one. Get dongle that changes ip each time so it can be used for each account. This is the way i do it. So nothing ever gets linked.
Old 06-04-2010
Threadstarter  

vmware? How to use it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by stickmade View Post
Different computers, inside one computer. Let vmware do all the hard work. A handful of different operating systems installed all in the one. Get dongle that changes ip each time so it can be used for each account. This is the way i do it. So nothing ever gets linked.
Old 06-04-2010

go to isohunt, search for wmware. The results will display wmware workstation. After you download that, search for some OS's, example, win7, xp, ubuntu. Once wmware is done just install it. From their on, you can just use vmware to install new operating systems on the one computer, as if it were a completly different computer. Do that for each of your accounts. If u need help on this you can just PM me
Old 06-04-2010
Administrator

Thanked 4,230 Times in 1,792 Posts
Longevity: 100%

I'm pretty sure I just have five pcs... but you can run everything off one laptop for both amazon and eBay if you're careful.
Old 06-05-2010

Longevity: 84%

I also don't get the need for multiple pcs. Can't you just use a bunch of different user accounts and just make sure that you changed the ip before logging into each account?

As long as ip burger reports a new ip, you should be good to go right?
Old 06-05-2010

Longevity: 80%

Quote:
theres an dongle that changes your ip? or do you mean those wireless internet that looks like a usb
Old 06-05-2010
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Quote:
Originally Posted by aking View Post
Why would that be the case? Using mobile dongle, dialup can mean several pc all with different IPs
Old 06-05-2010
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Quote:
Originally Posted by huyyy View Post
theres an dongle that changes your ip? or do you mean those wireless internet that looks like a usb
Yep, that's what it looks like. In OZ, we have several nice choices to use
Old 06-05-2010

I use multiple computers because i'm so paranoid about ebay & the way the can track you. And by dongle i mean USB INTERNET DONGLE. I guess everybody dose things their own why
Old 06-12-2010
MU

Longevity: 80%

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamblix View Post

I am with you on that.
Old 06-13-2010
Vicvelcro

I'm curious why people think that 'dongle' is one thing. 'Dongle' is a general term for any device that plugs into a socket. Dongle = Thing. Generic term.

USB internet dongle could erroneously be 802.11a - 802.11b - 802.11n - CDMA - GSM - 3g - and a few other possibilities.

Technically, there is absolutely no such thing as an INTERNET DONGLE. There is also no such thing as a Ham and Cheese Subwoofer. If I said I had one of those subwoofers, I'd be a moron. Anyone who says they have an internet dongle ...

I really wish people would say WHICH type of dongle they are plugging into their USB. At least then the rest of us would have some clue what people are mistaken about.

Just a bad but valid example: If I were to plug my cable modem into my USB instead of my ethernet, my Motorola modem would be a USB dongle (a cable dongle). As it is now, it's an ethernet dongle. But not because it is internet. It's a dongle because it has security features.

-------

Computing Dictionary
dongle definition

hardware
/dong'gl/ (From "dangle" - because it dangles off the computer?)
1. A security or copy protection device for commercial microcomputer programs that must be connected to an I/O port of the computer while the program is run. Programs that use a dongle query the port at start-up and at programmed intervals thereafter, and terminate if it does not respond with the expected validation code.
One common form consisted of a serialised EPROM and some drivers in a D-25 connector shell.
Dongles attempt to combat software theft by ensuring that, while users can still make copies of the program (e.g. for backup), they must buy one dongle for each simultaneous use of the program.
The idea was clever, but initially unpopular with users who disliked tying up a port this way. By 1993 almost all dongles passed data through transparently while monitoring for their particular magic codes (and combinations of status lines) with minimal if any interference with devices further down the line. This innovation was necessary to allow daisy-chained dongles for multiple pieces of software.
In 1998, dongles and other copy protection systems are fairly uncommon for Microsoft Windows software but one engineer in a print and CADD bureau reports that their Macintosh computers typically run seven dongles: After Effects, Electric Image, two for Media 100, Ultimatte, Elastic Reality and CADD. These dongles are made for the Mac's daisy-chainable ADB port.
The term is used, by extension, for any physical electronic key or transferable ID required for a program to function. Common variations on this theme have used the parallel port or even the joystick port or a dongle-disk.
An early 1992 advertisment from Rainbow Technologies (a manufacturer of dongles) claimed that the word derived from "Don Gall", the alleged inventor of the device. The company's receptionist however said that the story was a myth invented for the ad.
[ Jargon File]
(1998-12-13)
2. A small adaptor cable that connects, e.g. a PCMCIA modem to a telephone socket or a PCMCIA network card to an RJ45 network cable.
(2002-09-29)

Quote:
I use multiple computers because i'm so paranoid about ebay & the way the can track you. And by dongle i mean USB INTERNET DONGLE. I guess everybody dose things their own why

Last edited by Vicvelcro; 06-13-2010 at 06:21 AM.
Old 06-13-2010

Longevity: 85%

Quote:
Originally Posted by incniu View Post
Just ordered a new netbook for $240.

Is laptop better netbook? or the same?

The best thing about having different laptops is that you can have each laptop to each available open IP in the area!

I think the netbooks are smaller, screen size is smaller and they have less memory. The only advantage is that they weigh less and are more portable. Me personally, I cant work with a small screen and for 240 I would just order a new-used laptop on eBay. Trust me, you'd be surprised at the deals you can find! Plus if you have eBay bucks and use BING cash back, that'll save you alot!

Last edited by OfficialGenius; 06-13-2010 at 06:55 AM.
Old 06-13-2010
Executive [VIP]

I use three.
Old 06-13-2010
Vicvelcro

Yesterday, I was using 9. Today, it is 10.