eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   eBay Discussion! (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/)
-   -   Problem Buyer? (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/19507-problem-buyer.html)

holyhell 06-15-2010 04:38 PM

Problem Buyer?

I am using a stealth account, less than 10 feedback. This buyer has bid and won a couple different items, and when I relist them, he continues to bid and try to win again. (or jack the price up, but why?) It's not really an item that someone would need more than one of. Any ideas? I emailed him and said, "you already have these, just wondering why you're bidding again."

pod 06-15-2010 06:48 PM

he's up to something. I would block him. But whatever he plans to do, its likely too late now to avoid as he now has option to leave bad feedback :(

Such a shame ebay has nothing in place to stop guys like this....

GreenBean 06-15-2010 07:35 PM

Take a step back. Do you have a bad feeling about the buyer? Is he bidding and paying? Might you be over-reacting? OK, it might be strange in your eyes but if the buyer's not making waves (yet) is there harm?:pop2:

As for that email, well that would put me right offside. I'd have emailed him saying 'Hi, I notice you've purchased some items. Can I help you out with combining shipping' or similar.(Make like you like the guy :rolleyes:)
Manipulate the buyer:pop2:

pod 06-15-2010 07:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GreenBean (Post 145124)

if the buyer's not making waves (yet) is there harm?:pop2:

Pretty good point. I guess if he's paying... And if he plans to do something you cant stop him now anyway, so blocking now is too late... So if he's just a silly buyer so be it I guess. Let him buy away. Blocking him now can only serve to insult him if he's just buying. Disregard my advise...

Ballsack 06-15-2010 08:12 PM

In my experience situations like this almost always turn out for the worse.

holyhell 06-15-2010 08:16 PM

If I tried to block him now, I'm sure I would definitely get bad feedback. I just don't get why he wouldn't leave feedback, but he's in such a hurry to buy another one.

I've looked at his other purchases. He spends a lot of money, multiple buys each day, but never the same item twice. Who knows. He is paying, and I guess he's not planning on filing a claim since he's ordering more. Just a wierd experience.

healthnut88 06-15-2010 08:16 PM

Take GreenBean's advice and quickly email him again with something related to "Can I help you out with combining shipping, etc..."

cardfelon 06-15-2010 09:00 PM

I recently had a buyer who kept buying the same thing from me but he thought he was buying it from different ebay seller because they were all on seperate ebay accounts. The item wasn't something that a typical person would own more than one of but he bought a total of 3 from me at a price higher than I normally get for them. He paid for all 3. So you can't always assume they are up to no good.

holyhell 06-15-2010 09:20 PM

See that's EXACTLY where I'm at. Looking at his previous purchases, he has over paid as well. I think the dude might just be weird, and I might just be lucky.
Now that I think about it, I did have someone buy two of everything I had. He said he was buying one for a family member too.

topseller 06-16-2010 12:05 PM

I could see maybe 2 of the item, but any more could be a lawyer gathering evidence for a C&D letter.

slapped 06-16-2010 12:16 PM

Slow down, over the years I have had this happen Many times,and never had a problem.
there are A LOT of people who buy things on Ebay to resell in their retail shops, or Personally.

The Truth is that you can get a Lot of things on Ebay for Less than Legit Wholesale Price, and when a Buyer is Happy with a Particular Sellers Product/Price he Returns for more.

Now I can see if you are selling VERO How that Might arouse your senses, but I would not worry to Much.

holyhell 06-16-2010 12:52 PM

Thanks a lot, Slapped. Much appreciated:thumb:

I'm trying so hard to protect the account, you know? Guess we overthink sometimes.