eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   eBay Discussion! (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/)
-   -   eBay selling limits (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/19524-ebay-selling-limits.html)

meVebay 06-16-2010 06:34 AM

eBay selling limits

Last night, when listing, I got this message

Alert
We're always looking for ways to make eBay a safer place to buy and sell. As part of this effort, we limit how many of these items you can sell in one listing.

You need to reduce the number of items you're offering before submitting this listing.

The message in itself is rubbish, I called them just now and I have been restricted from listing for 30 days.

The account is only about 30 days old, brought in approx $2k (I KNOW ITS TOO MUCH!), I have had the PayPal limited and had to fax eBay docs! Stealth account, that why after both were limited I kinda thought I had a free pass to do what I want.

I'm not selling VERO, 100% feedback, 5.0, 5.0, 4.9, 4.8 DSR's...what more can I do???

Also, does anyone know if I was to link a new eBay account to the same PP all same details etc, would they not like me doing it like that to get around the limit?

Thanks

Paypalvictim 06-16-2010 06:45 AM

Knowledgeable people here usually say it is best to start fresh with a new ebay account and paypal account.

You could have a few ebay and paypal pairs selling at the same time to ensure your business continuity (big words).

slapped 06-16-2010 09:16 AM

Ebay and paypal will limit New accounts that show a High Level of activity, No Matter what, Your New Ebay account DOES Have a "Selling Limit" imposed on it wether you Know it or not, once you cross that limit---Limitation---then they will ask for a Bunch of things that you must provide to their satisfaction.

Paypal accounts, even Verified Accounts, have similar Limitations in place that is why it is always stressed on this forum that you should GO SLOW in order to Avoid these limitations.

It is Much better and Safer to Use Multiple Ebay/Paypal accounts in order to create the Overall volume that you desire.

On those accounts that have been Limited, if you are able to satisfy Ebay and Paypals additional information Request, then do it, If you succeed, you will have a Better Idea as to how to Proceed from this point foward.

meVebay 06-16-2010 10:23 AM

This particular account has already been limited and reinstated...thats my point!

I'm not in a position to run 4-5 accounts. I don't sell vero, I have never had the 180 day shizzle etc, every account that has been lost has been my own fault.

eBay and PayPal have both had my docs etc, thats why I am surprised this has happened.

slapped 06-16-2010 11:05 AM

Do not be Surprised, I have had MANY legit and stealth Accounts that go through Limitations/Reinstatements more than once, it is fairly common,
especially when your sales Increase.

tony.s 09-16-2011 04:27 AM

Hi,
I just got my selling limits of 10000 items a month as they have somehow connected me with the old ebay account. I contacted ebay and they said that I can appel this decision by contacting the limitation department. However I'm worried that if I will contact them they can put even worst selling limit. So my question is: is it worth contacting them or it might damage my account even more?
Regards
Tony

avva 09-16-2011 06:29 AM

Sandy D 09-16-2011 10:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tony.s (Post 269250)
Hi,
I just got my selling limits of 10000 items a month as they have somehow connected me with the old ebay account. I contacted ebay and they said that I can appel this decision by contacting the limitation department. However I'm worried that if I will contact them they can put even worst selling limit. So my question is: is it worth contacting them or it might damage my account even more?
Regards
Tony

10,000 items a month and you want to appeal it?

If they connected you to an old ebay account was the account up and running and have a flawless history?

doughboykilla 09-16-2011 10:29 AM

be thankful its not 10 items a month and $500 w/d

Sandy D 09-16-2011 10:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tony.s (Post 269250)
Hi,
Regards
Tony

Can you provide a screen shot of that with your info blacked out?

I have never heard of or seen anyone having a limit of 10,000 items.

If you account was that good then it would have no limits at all I would think.

rsot 09-16-2011 11:44 AM

I replied to tony.s on a different thread - not going to deal with triple posts ha

Sandy D 09-16-2011 10:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rsot (Post 269342)
I replied to tony.s on a different thread - not going to deal with triple posts ha

Seems we have a batch of this going on pushing legit and very good questions down.