eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   eBay Discussion! (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/)
-   -   Verify yourr identity with ebay by linking to paypal (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/19830-verify-yourr-identity-ebay-linking-paypal.html)

NZT 06-25-2010 02:25 AM

Verify yourr identity with ebay by linking to paypal

Ok been selling a few "gillette" products, cant list anymore as ebay wants me to physically link to Paypal.

Now my ebay accounts have a different stealth name than paypal.

I have the feeling that this "linking" is going to mess me up.

Option 1 is no longer sell any branded products at all. Ordinary things are fine.

Option 2 is risk liking and get suspended in one form.

Any advice?

itsme 06-25-2010 02:51 AM

Hello

OK I am new here so may not be the best qualified to answer but I will try :)

My understanding is that the stealth ebay and paypal account must share the same personal details so on the face of it (unless I have missed something which may be possible ;) ) your screwed :(

Might be best to move onto some new accounts for your branded stuff?

Hope that helps sure someone else will be along soon :)

tenggo 06-25-2010 03:49 AM

Hey,
why not make another paypal with matching details to the ebay?

itsme 06-25-2010 04:30 AM

Dont think he can because he has laready been accepting payments in this existing paypal account so if he makes another ebay will know he has 2 so then will paypal and you are not allowed 2. (as far as I know? )

TBH Im surprised it has not been suspended already with you accepting payment into it with different details though they would have sussed that by now.

I may be understanding this totally wrong apologies if that is the case..........

Dude 06-25-2010 04:46 AM

It doesn't need to be in the same name

itsme 06-25-2010 04:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dude (Post 147360)
It doesn't need to be in the same name

Really? How can that be? Why would "your" paypal account have a different name than "your" ebay account?

As said I dont profess to be an expert I am learning as well but this makes no sense.............

oompaloompa 06-25-2010 05:21 AM

it does need to be the same, would have thought that was obvious

MtnDew 06-25-2010 08:19 AM

any way to link accounts now without making paypal your autopay method in paypal...i saw no way around this when linking mine to sell

Dude 06-25-2010 11:43 AM

2 Business Sellers Merge together, 1 uses their ebay another their pp. There is no written policy that it has to be the same.

If you are selling risky products and both are new accounts then it will help your case to have it in the same name.

NZT 06-26-2010 08:45 AM

Ok so whats to stop you "tweaking" the ebay account to match the details in the Paypal account exactly?

Is this advisable? Could this raise a flag in itself.

Or just dont link them up?

itsme 06-26-2010 09:19 AM

Well logic says if you start to "tweak" the personal details in an ebay account then surely there is a possibility of this action raising flags, the whole idea of a stealth account is to stay under the radar and not attract attention to yourself, if it is "out of the norm" then surely it will attract somesone attention.

I would just move on as said I am no expert but from readin the book adn many posts on this forum one of the basic initial rules is details match, if you have been accepting payments into a paypal account with different details then logic says you are running on borrowed time anyhow........................

Why would you create a stealth account only to use a paypal account with different details to begin with??

imhim 06-26-2010 12:19 PM

personally, I would link it... if you get suspended provide them with additional information that their asking for...

jamblix 06-27-2010 03:34 AM

You never know until you try it. I don't think anybody would be willing to take one for the team and finding out. I wouldn't do it if I had normal items to sell. Than again an eBay account that is unable to sell VeRO or name brands would be useless for me so I'd just give it a shot. Classic risk vs. reward scenario.

NZT 06-28-2010 05:00 AM

Yes if you sell normal items its not a problem. Its because I have a few Gillette products to sell that this "linking" is required to continue.

I may link it just to see what happens and "take one for the team" as you say.

The ebay account is in very good standing - was created in 2004 - only has 33feedback but DSR's are all 5.0 all all postive feedback.

If I link it and it goes down shortly after then I will ring and try to wean extra info off them.

I have "tweaked" the ebay account to match the PP exactly.

Will see what happens....

Vicvelcro 06-28-2010 05:10 AM

A couple of my much older accounts happen to have mismatched info. Funny thing, those accounts never encountered any problems at all. Were fully dressed up at time of creation with all the bells and whistles. Haven't used those in a few years now. But had used them heavily back in the day.

Tweaking is probably more likely to cause a problem than if you had left it be and just waited things out. Even if something had come up, if you could provide the PP info PP wants and any eBay info eBay wants, you could allege the partnership scenario. Now, you might have to explain why personal details had been so significantly modified. They may want a marriage license or something, on the flip.

itsme 06-28-2010 11:27 AM

Could your situation be down to this I wonder?

http://www.aspkin.com/forums/auction...tml#post114088

NZT 07-05-2010 06:00 AM

Yes Vic, have some older mismatched accounts and I figure would rather use those first than the ones that are probably better.

Have "tweaked" mismatched info to match on both accounts and linked up.

(also previously the paypal account had an ebay account suspended but the paypal account seems untouched)

ANyway have linked up and no problems as yet.

But I am sure it is in a "queue" and when they do a routine check there could be an issue.

You know you link up and can use for 3-12 months then out of the blue a suspension due to "routine checks"

Had that before.

jimmylott1 07-06-2010 04:29 PM

Linking paypal

I just got my ebay account reinstated after being suspended for 7 days. but know there saying before i cant sell i must get paypal verified. i have a paypal account but is limited . my question is is there away around this? My ebay account is not a stealth account

DogFacedBoy 07-06-2010 04:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tenggo (Post 147345)
Hey,
why not make another paypal with matching details to the ebay?

1) Set up a new PP account.
2) remove the email addy from the old PP account
3) add that addy to the new PP account

It wouldn't hurt to verify the new PP account with a bank account
I've done this before and it works

jimmylott1 07-07-2010 08:39 AM

hey DogfacedBoy

i can not remove my email paypal wont let me make any changes to my personal info. I think it because they will no longer do business with me yes i got that message from some paypal person after i faxed and call to speak with someone about. I have over $3400 just sitting there