Question about item I have purchased with stealth account how to ship to real address - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 07-19-2010

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 88%
Default Question about item I have purchased with stealth account how to ship to real address

I just purchased an item through Ebay, and I have asked the buyer to ship to my real address. It is a laptop that I need for work IMMEDIATELY. I purchased another one last week, tried to get him to ship it to my real address, and he refused saying he would only ship to the paypal confirmed address. I got a refund so now I am buying another one. I emailed the seller before I purchase it buy it now and asked him

"I just wanted to send you a quick email before I bought this laptop now. I needed to give you my address to ship to. Please do NOT ship to the address on my paypal account. That is my business address, and I do not want a $1,000.00 laptop left there by any means. Also, many times for packages they don't recognize a name and will just return the package to sender. Please ship the laptop to:

1234 Real Address
New York New York

I wanted to check to see if this was ok to have it shipped here before I purchased. I have purchased 3 other items this month and it is never a problem. I normally don't do buy it nows but I need a laptop IMMEDIATELY for a work conference that I am leaving for Sunday night. So please let me know immediately and I will buy it now and send you payment over right now. Also check that I have 80+ positive feedback. Thanks!"

His response back was:

"That is just fine with me. But don't forget to use your below address while paying for the item.

1234 Real Address
New York New York

You can enter shipping address while paying using PayPal.

If you can do that I'll ship it to the address you wanted."

So my question is, it is ok if I just enter that shipping address in on the paypal or Ebay page for this one transaction? How does this work and where would I change it? The name AND address has been used under a banned account, but I haven't had any problems with it in about 5 years. Also, I have ordered other items before where the seller has just switched my shipping info and shipped to me and never EVER had a problem. Any advice would be helpful. Thanks
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 07-20-2010
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,926 Times in 8,218 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

I have added shipping addresses to Paypal - won't be a problem. Alternate address - only thing is YES, it will be on their file. So if you go down on paypal for whatever reason, they will have that on file.

Now if that's ok for you to digest, then by all means - seller is right to request the address come from paypal for their protection.