eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   eBay Discussion! (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/)
-   -   6yr RE ACCT "You're limited to the number of items you can sell in a 30day period." (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/20585-6yr-re-acct-youre-limited-number-items-you-can-sell-30day-period.html)

Uncle Billy 07-21-2010 09:43 PM

6yr RE ACCT "You're limited to the number of items you can sell in a 30day period."

Last week I was selling some things on a frineds account and got this message when I went to submit it.

The account I am using is 6 years old 170pos 43dsr and no negatives. I got around it with changing some of the wording but dont see that happing again this week.

Considering the account i am selling from is real, in good standing with 100
% feedback and 6 years old is it worth calling Ebay to see if they will lift the limit. The reasons they list seem to apply to new accounts

I really wasn't selling that many of 1 item. I have sold more of the same item on a 30day old account.

I just dont want to call Ebay and throw up a flag or make things worse.

What I am selling is Genuine but it is a highly counterfeit item also.

HAS ANYONE HAD ANY SUCCESS IN THIS SITUATION?

Thank you for choosing eBay.

In order to maintain a safe trading environment, selling limits are occasionally placed on recently activated accounts. At this time, you are limited in the number of certain items you may list and/or revise in a 30 day period.

We sincerely value you as a member of our trading Community and look forward to a continued successful relationship with you.

Click here for a window with more information on eBay’s listing guidelines.

Click here for more information on limits that may affect your selling activity.”

You may also see a message like,

In order to help maintain a safe trading environment, selling limits
are occasionally placed on listings. At this time, you are limited as
to the listing of certain items. Please do not attempt to re-list this
item for 30 days.

Sellers who have a consistent positive selling history of such items
may be eligible to have these limits raised. If you would like eBay to
review your limits or if you have any additional questions, please
email us at Customer Support.

SaiJin 07-21-2010 09:52 PM

It sounds like you are selling a very high priced brand item. Most of the time, you can perhaps only sell a couple a week.

If I were you I'd stop selling that one item and put the account to rest or
sell a completely different item that's generic and cheaper.

Uncle Billy 07-22-2010 03:30 AM

avg price 80-90

Quote:

Originally Posted by saijin (Post 152494)
It sounds like you are selling a very high priced brand item. Most of the time, you can perhaps only sell a couple a week.

If I were you I'd stop selling that one item and put the account to rest or
sell a completely different item that's generic and cheaper.

Average price is about $80-90 maybe sold 10 last week.

Has anyone ever called Ebay on this and succeeded in having them lift the limit?

Aside from tweaking the title does anyone know any tricks around it?

IDK 07-22-2010 08:23 PM

They are on to you... We're all in the same boat here so cut the crap. You are selling bogus merchandise, and while you may have no violations, they figure they will just stop you from selling. Don't you just love eBay?

Uncle Billy 07-22-2010 10:14 PM

Actually it's all genuine junior

GreenBean 07-22-2010 10:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Uncle Billy (Post 152520)
Average price is about $80-90 maybe sold 10 last week.

Has anyone ever called Ebay on this and succeeded in having them lift the limit?

Aside from tweaking the title does anyone know any tricks around it?

Trick I use is to go along with their request.:peace:

the age of the account is immaterial. Means nadda. The account 'appears' to be newly active. ebay are looking at how you are selling.
The ratio of FB, DSRs means you are extra low on the ebay pecking order. Annoying but a sad fact.

dont list this particular item AND dont be too anxious to get around a loophole. Be patient, my young Padawan. Once you've aged the account more, you'll be OK