eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   eBay Discussion! (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/)
-   -   PO Box question (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/2102-po-box-question.html)

keceli 01-04-2008 08:17 PM

PO Box question

I registered a business today and I used a PO box address but I wrote it as a physical address and used suite# for the PO box number. Will my mail get delivered to me? Is that a crime? I gave the same address to the bank to create a bank account and asked for debit cards.
I asked at the post office and they said they will not accept mail with an address like that.
What do you think? What will happen to my mail?

thelizardking 01-04-2008 09:46 PM

probably return to sender.

who 01-04-2008 09:59 PM

can we use PO Box to open a paypal account?

super stealth 01-04-2008 10:08 PM

I just got a po box and sent myself a piece of test mail with the suite # . no problems at all. Give it a test

keceli 01-06-2008 04:08 AM

I also sent a test mail to myself today using the formatted address and Iw ill wait and see.
Also I just figured that I can go online change the address of my credit card or bank account to the formatted address once I get the credit card..so for now I asked it to be sent to my real address..but I still used the formatted po box address as my physical address when opening y business account. the lady asked if that was the physical address of my business and I said yes..
I tried to do the same thing with Board of Equalization when getting my permit by the lady was smart and realized it and said I cant do that..same thing happened at the city hall..so my business license and ermit are for my real address and only the bank address is different..but that wouldnt matter anyway right?

thelizardking 01-06-2008 12:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keceli (Post 19411)
..so my business license and ermit are for my real address and only the bank address is different..but that wouldnt matter anyway right?

No it doesn't matter. Actually the bank account address doesn't matter when adding a bank account to PP you just need the bank name, routing, and account numbers.

ebay100 01-06-2008 11:41 PM

You need

A street address...
A US PO Box will not work ..but a mail box etc type will .

EB

lynnchacha 01-07-2008 10:55 AM

why you don't send a letter to yourself??
Are you the US??? I think this 41 cents really worth to try.
I tried to send myself letters with 5 different ways from my home to the po box.
4 out of 5 worked. So, I can use them on eb or pp.

super stealth 01-07-2008 11:57 AM

instead of getting a po box .... i bet this will work.
(1) get a random address (your local starbucks)

(2) go to the postoffice that fill out a free mail forwarding sheet

that way when someone sends mail to "John Doe" @ 123 starbucks ave it gets forwarded to your house for 1 year for free.

WHAT DO YOU THINK ABOUT THAT!!!

koalawash 01-07-2008 12:04 PM

super stealth,

Have you done this before yourself? That's pretty neat.

super stealth 01-07-2008 12:34 PM

i actually just came up with it today. i figured why have 5-6 po boxes and pay $30 for 6 months on each , plus its a pain in the a#@ to go to the po box and check to see if you have mail.
i think it will work ...anyone see any flaws in it?
im going to test it out this week

ebayhateluv 01-07-2008 05:12 PM

Yes, he's right if it works---I personally have a keyring of nothing but pob keys, have like 9 of them.. takes me most of day to ride around and check all the boxes...

super stealth 01-07-2008 09:18 PM

ebayhatluv,
you could forward all your pob's to your house or to 1 pob if you want to be really anonymous. I found out today that you can fill out the forwarding form on usps.com without having to go to the po

Rosanna 01-08-2008 12:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by super stealth (Post 19569)
ebayhatluv,
you could forward all your pob's to your house or to 1 pob if you want to be really anonymous. I found out today that you can fill out the forwarding form on usps.com without having to go to the po

I just recently did it and it can be done, you could also go online to forward your mail and use the same vcc to verify identity as well but if I am not mistaken this part would be a crime because of the Patriot act, no?

hepper65 01-08-2008 08:09 AM

You can go through the process and it might work but you are committing a federal crime. What will you do when you start to receive invoice, rent, and other financial letters intended for 123 Starbucks Ave? Also, most of the local letter carriers will suspect that something is not right and you WILL have a Federal Postal Inspector at your door. Its one thing to defraud Paypal and Ebay but I would not go that far to mess with government agencies.

who 01-08-2008 12:27 PM

I just went to the usps to get a PO Box. I didn't get the box right away. They said they will send me a letter then I go back to get my box with the letter. It used to be easier...i paid and i got the box right away. Do you think they are doing background check? :confused:

super stealth 01-08-2008 01:14 PM

When you forward your mail you only do it for a specific name (aka john smith) Suppose you moved out of an apt ... you would need to forward your mail from that address to your new address...Just a thought
How many people move out of apts everyday

super stealth 01-09-2008 10:57 PM

How does everyone else get new addresses for there account??? They would have to be able to receive mail...right? So that you could get all the items you won for feedback. SOMEONE THROW ME SOME IDEAS!!! I DONT WANT TO HAVE 30 PO BOXES