does anyone know?? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 01-13-2008

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 94%
Default does anyone know??

I'm probably the only one who doesn't know the answer to this but at the risk of sounding stupid i'm going to ask anyway.

My husband and I both have different ebay accounts--different usernames, emails but same home address. We both have Paypal business accts.(yes, I know--after reading here, dumping pp and getting merchant instead) same home address, different bank accounts. We have all of our legit. info on both accounts--nothing made up.

Is it probable we BOTH can sell the same items, within 1 day of each other--about 10 per week, 2 per day using my acct., next day using spouses ebay account to sell 2more of the same or would they consider that some sort of monopoly because of the same products and take our auctions down or suspend us? I just want to build up feedback, etc on both accounts and not over-do-it by listing too many items at once on the same account so I thought this would break it up some.

I know alot of people sell multiple items under multiple names with the merchant accounts, under alias names and info. so they are okay because ebay doesn't know they are the same person/household, but what about is there feeling when they know you are in the same household and doing this?

Does it matter or not?
Thanks
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 01-13-2008
Administrator

Thanked 4,228 Times in 1,792 Posts
Activity: 4%
Longevity: 100%

I'm pretty sure it's okay. The problem you'll face is if one accounts gets suspended for some other reason, your account account will probably go with it. Since they're linked.
Old 01-13-2008
Threadstarter  

Thanks for the info

Am I correct that because up until this point we have used our legit info. but had sold totally different items, that our accounts are already linked?? So, even if I just sell from 1 of them, and not both at the same time, if something happens to that account and I tried to use spouses as a back-up it would be shut down anyway because of the link I have already established with legit info. and prior sales?

Thanks!!
Old 01-13-2008

yeah ebay doesn't care what your record is, if your a power seller or 100% feedback...if one account goes down the other will go down because they have the same address. Even if one is selling and the other one isn't.

I had 2 accounts with the same phone number. One account I sold with for about a year and the other I never even used cause I forgot I had it. I got suspended and they took both accounts down at the same time.

So do all you can to keep those accounts open. Once you get suspended its a vicious cycle.
Old 01-14-2008
Threadstarter  

Thanks for the info everyone!!

I might as well sell out of both then and try it since they are already linked--what do i have to lose.

I just didn't know if ebay allowed 2 spouses to sell the same products at the same time.

Crazy ebay!!!!
Old 01-14-2008
Threadstarter  

I am truly amazed since reading in this forum the lengths ebay seems to go to in trying to stop people from selling--UH--don't they make their money from us???? Although sitting pretty with that monopoly their running & ruining. It's amazing, the lengths we go to sell there--because we have too!!!!

Can't live with em'--can't live without em"

What the hell, you build a good business which makes them and paypal ungodly rich and WHAM--we don't need you any more--everyone else's money is good enough!!! Why they would care how much of something you sell is absurd--then again.....
Old 01-15-2008
Threadstarter  

WELL SAID!!!

I totally agree. Money on it that alot of the monkeys on ebay are 25 yr old--Burger King, Whopper flippin' rejects sittin' behind those phones, calling themselves "Customer Service".

I agree with a previous post that ebay workers themselves are running their own selling rings--picking off whoever isn't within their circle--their own monopoly of the ebay selling market.

I mean come on, day after day they see the products selling, amounts getting, ways were doing it and they have the whole inside track better than anyway--10 to 1 most of those powersellers who have never been touched are employees or family themselves. They probably come read these forums and do the merchant account thing themselves and have it figured out 25 times over everyone here and they shake their heads thinking "silly sellers if you only really knew how to do it". Ebay is probably a circle of people who started it all out intending for it to end up this way.

nonetheless, I guess were at their mercy--for now.