Does it matter if you log into several accounts at the same time? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 10-13-2010
Subscribed [VIP]

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 82%
Default Does it matter if you log into several accounts at the same time?

Hi, just wondering does it matter if you log into your ebay accounts within a short period of time?

For example if I have 5 accounts, and I come home and all five have emails. If I log into each (1 after the other) within a space of 5minutes and answer messages, will this flag up or am I just being paranoid?

Do people space out between logging into each account?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 10-13-2010

Longevity: 95%

I had 5 different accounts which I open couple months apart. I sold different things on each of them with different description....I used 2 different computers to check my stuff. Then I get a call 2 days ago about verifying again my info in one of my accounts. I guess it got linked because the guy asked me what type business I had. If I had business partners then he said my items were similar to others....and around the same area. I guess he meant same state( that's my guess). .

Anyway, he said they were going to restrict my account until I receive an email and follow it thru but then pay pal restricted me too.

After I finished speaking to him 5 min later he called my other 4 accounts. I didn't answer but he left a message and it was the same guy. Same thing he said I am suppose to receive an email ....so they got restricted and the my pay pal also...

So I guess it's becoming harder. Because one of my accounts I had it for 1 yr and half. They were open from different ip address....but somehow they linked all my accounts.

The same thing happened to my friends difference was ebay shut them down instead of being restricted....
Old 10-13-2010

Longevity: 87%
Send a message via Yahoo to IDK

Quote:
Originally Posted by yesterdaywas View Post
I had 5 different accounts which I open couple months apart. I sold different things on each of them with different description....I used 2 different computers to check my stuff. Then I get a call 2 days ago about verifying again my info in one of my accounts. I guess it got linked because the guy asked me what type business I had. If I had business partners then he said my items were similar to others....and around the same area. I guess he meant same state( that's my guess). .

Anyway, he said they were going to restrict my account until I receive an email and follow it thru but then pay pal restricted me too.

After I finished speaking to him 5 min later he called my other 4 accounts. I didn't answer but he left a message and it was the same guy. Same thing he said I am suppose to receive an email ....so they got restricted and the my pay pal also...

So I guess it's becoming harder. Because one of my accounts I had it for 1 yr and half. They were open from different ip address....but somehow they linked all my accounts.

The same thing happened to my friends difference was ebay shut them down instead of being restricted....
You did something wrong, or you posted something that's not common across several accounts all coming from the same city. If you had 20 accounts that posted the very same item on the same day from the same city I doubt eBay would even notice if they were all iPod listings.
Old 10-13-2010

Longevity: 84%

I've been logging in and out of all my accounts 1 after the the other (no 5 min wait) ever since I started about a year ago and never been linked and thats with accounts that sell the same thing even.
The Following User Says Thank You to jbluntz For This Useful Post:
MtnDew (10-14-2010)
Old 10-14-2010
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Quote:

You must have done something to link ur accounts and I don't think its a timing related issue.
Old 10-14-2010

Yea. I have no idea what I did wrong because in all the accounts I haven't posted anything for a awhile. Basically when I opened each on of them I posted items within that week and didn't add anything else.

One account was almost 2 yrs old, the other 1 yr old and the rest months ago so I have no idea what went wrong..

I continued doing everything else the same. Go figure. I guess my and I were the lucky ones.

But in one account I did get an email that my account was related to a suspended user which was weird because I have no idea who that suspended user was...

Oh well, I'm going to open one this week and see what happens..
Old 10-14-2010
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,909 Times in 8,202 Posts
Activity: 99%
Longevity: 83%

Possible you did not log out of your IP properly time to time?
Old 10-14-2010
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  

So back to my question :D

Anyone else leavs a gap window or just log into 1 after the other?
Old 10-14-2010

Longevity: 88%

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsot View Post
Possible you did not log out of your IP properly time to time?
YUP rsot, This is more than likely what happened to the accounts.

Dude, yesterdaywas: How are you changing your IPs between logins?
Old 10-14-2010
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Each of my accounts are run independently on a new Laptop with new internet connection. The timing issue I was asking was to see if eBay or amazon will ever dig that deep.
Old 10-14-2010

I never had to change in the pass and I recently moved. Plus I tried changing my ip in past and it doesn't change. Got brighthouse. I will go to my friends house and open a new account and work from there. Let c what happens. She had never open a eBay account in her life.
Old 10-14-2010
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 86%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dude View Post
The timing issue I was asking was to see if eBay or amazon will ever dig that deep.
Only thing I could see is if they monitored a pattern. Same 5 users always log in same time over and over. But to be honest, I cant see them monitoring that with so many users. It would be just too much to look for.

But I always only log in with at least an hour gap. But thats likely overkill
Old 10-14-2010
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Thats exactly what I was thinking of
Old 10-14-2010

Longevity: 86%

i have a question regarding amazon. i have been selling on a very old account under my mothers name. i use a computer at work to login. the problem is today i accidently logged in on my cpu at home and mine and my wifes accounts are both suspened. i logged out immediately once i realized what i did. my question is: can they link my account to a suspened account that fast? i mean i logged in and then looked at the screen and logged back out.. should i be worried?
Old 10-14-2010
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by illey16 View Post
i have a question regarding amazon. i have been selling on a very old account under my mothers name. i use a computer at work to login. the problem is today i accidently logged in on my cpu at home and mine and my wifes accounts are both suspened. i logged out immediately once i realized what i did. my question is: can they link my account to a suspened account that fast? i mean i logged in and then looked at the screen and logged back out.. should i be worried?
Yes that is linked, if you are asking will you get blocked that depends on how much u sell and if you are flagged up or not.
Old 10-14-2010

Longevity: 78%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dude View Post
Hi, just wondering does it matter if you log into your ebay accounts within a short period of time?

For example if I have 5 accounts, and I come home and all five have emails. If I log into each (1 after the other) within a space of 5minutes and answer messages, will this flag up or am I just being paranoid?

Do people space out between logging into each account?
Just curious but do you clear your cookies each time? I've logged into my amazon account using another amazons IP address twice but haven't been blocked yet. I sell about $500 on one account and $250 on the other per month. Plan on raising the limits as they age, both are fairly new and sell different items
Old 10-15-2010
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  

I use different comps for each account, but yet my account got blocked a couple of days ago. Amazon uses a different technique for finding sellers, it is much more detailed than eBay. Also you must remember amazon have maybe only 10-20% of seller volume in comparison to eBay which makes it easier for them to track us down.

In a nutshell you are linked, who knows how long it will take before they kick you off the system so just make use of the account whilst you can.

It is so frustrating, as we work hard to keep customers happy, all the account I have ever had blocked were all 100% with 5 star rating but yet amazon doesn't want my business, I just see no sense in this.
Old 10-15-2010

Yeah, they are making harder now. At the moment, I have no income coming in which sucks but what else can you do.

I'm going to try and open a new account on Monday, lets c what happens.

I had a few sales thru my website. Since paypal also restricted me I had to refund the customer and explain my situation and some of them wanted the item soooo bad they went to my website and bought from there.

I know ebay is coming to and end regarding with the irs. So I knew I had to give up ebay sooner or later but I was hoping after the holidays because thats where I made the most money...

I guess it is time to start promoting my website hard core....
Old 10-15-2010
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Yeah, they are making harder now. At the moment, I have no income coming in which sucks but what else can you do.

I'm going to try and open a new account on Monday, lets c what happens.

I had a few sales thru my website. Since paypal also restricted me I had to refund the customer and explain my situation and some of them wanted the item soooo bad they went to my website and bought from there.

I know ebay is coming to and end regarding with the irs. So I knew I had to give up ebay sooner or later but I was hoping after the holidays because thats where I made the most money...

I guess it is time to start promoting my website hard core....
What do you mean by *I know ebay is coming to and end regarding with the irs. So I knew I had to give up ebay sooner or later but I was hoping after the holidays because thats where I made the most money...*
Old 10-15-2010
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,909 Times in 8,202 Posts
Activity: 99%
Longevity: 83%

Amazon is mad fast on blocking linked accounts - very highly maintained.
Old 10-16-2010

Longevity: 78%

To get on Amazon you need to block out your IP and sell under a different name & address. There is no way they can link you then. It's time that we beat Amazon/VERO/Ebay/Paypal at their own games!
Old 10-16-2010
MU

Longevity: 81%

It's time for new businesses to come into play and to take out ebay/amazon/paypal out the game. When? who knows lol. Someday they will go down.