eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   eBay Discussion! (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/)
-   -   IP Issues, something I tried and it backfired (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/2391-ip-issues-something-i-tried-backfired.html)

bbcoach 01-24-2008 11:16 PM

IP Issues, something I tried and it backfired

I got the advice from one of the online re-ebay guides to use the GoTrusted status secure tunnell to change and hide my IP address, when I went online, since I used it, my paypal account got limited 3 times in a week, they asked me to change my password everytime, so I called and played dumb and asked what was going on, and was told that there were logins on my account from different states and they were investigating, they asked me if I had been doing anything different and I just said I got a new cable modem, which I did and was not sure what the problem was. They told me that if it continued they would have to take some different steps for security, whatever that means, and they would investigate. I have not used the program since. My new ebay id I created correctly, also got booted until I can provide further info, blah blah blah. I think that GoTrusted may not be the route to follow.

aspkin 01-24-2008 11:38 PM

Proxies sometimes don't work just because of this.

You might have better luck using AOL. MIGHT!

winterson 01-25-2008 01:12 AM

you should start using VPN instead of proxies as you might get red-flagged if proxy is detected, get a dedicated/shared VPN, IMO.

Slavaja 01-25-2008 05:46 AM

man how the hell do u use a VPN???????

powerbid 01-25-2008 07:02 AM

lolz.. i wonder why how complex people can make things for themselves... ???

winterson 01-25-2008 07:53 AM

By using a VPN (Virtual Private Network) account, you will be able to access the internet through a secure encrypted connection and bypass restrictions you are currently facing in your region. With this technology that is easily set up on most computers your data is sent via a so called encrypted "Private Tunnel" to VPN servers. The filtering mechanisms in place by your ISP (Internet Service Provider) is bypassed and you are able to surf freely and use applications like Skype and save a bundle! Also, ISP no longer can keep logs on your online surfing habits! So, not only do you get the internet freedom you deserve but also our VPN Service provides an Anonymous, Private and Secure Internet connection.

To know more : Vpn Accounts : PPTP L2TP IPsec Encryption - Buy Connection & Services - Bypass ISP Restrictions UAE Dubai Abu Dhabi Belize China Thailand Skype

DogFacedBoy 01-25-2008 09:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aspkin (Post 21897)
Proxies sometimes don't work just because of this.

You might have better luck using AOL. MIGHT!

Been using aol since getting the boot and finding this forum the end of last summer with no incidents yet except for a paypal information issue with bogus info.

So, so far so good with aol (fingers crossed and knocking on wood)

ebayhateluv 01-25-2008 09:46 AM

(For ME)-- after reading the VPN description...

VPN stands for " VERY not able to PROCESS this stuff in my NOGGON"

I like DKNY better, or Chloe, or White Diamonds..

bbcoach 01-25-2008 10:42 AM

AOL questions

How does going thru AOL work, when you log in and use there browser, the IPS are different all the time or they are hidden or what??

DogFacedBoy 01-25-2008 08:13 PM

The AOL IP will be different from the one through IE even on the same machine at the same time. But remember if you are accessing 2 EB accounts at the same time on the same machine that you should clear cookies when going from one to the other. The IP address you get from AOL is somewhat random. Might be the same on three consecutive logins and then random for the next ten...just keep a log of course.