eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   eBay Discussion! (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/)
-   -   Is there a website that analyzes your PC Info? (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/24665-there-website-analyzes-your-pc-info.html)

jeffweico 11-09-2010 01:36 AM

Is there a website that analyzes your PC Info?

Does anyone know of any websites that will tell you what can be seen about your PC?

I know that IPBurger will tell you about your IP address. PanOptiClick will tell you about your browser. Browserspy.dk also tells you certain things.

But I would love to have a website to go to that would tell you exactly what can be seen about your browser, network connections, PC - like machine name, etc.

I should think a site like that would be hugely popular. But I can't find one. Maybe I am using the wrong search terms?

Anyone?

123 11-09-2010 01:42 AM

My best bet would be one of those can you computer run this game sites, they can do a full search and normally tell you most of your pc specs.

Can You Run It?

jeffweico 11-09-2010 01:57 AM

Thanks, but I was thinking more of what websites can see about your machine that would identify you.

SiSoftware makes a program called Sandra (they have a free version) that will tell you everything about your PC.

123 11-09-2010 01:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeffweico (Post 180546)
Thanks, but I was thinking more of what websites can see about your machine that would identify you.

SiSoftware makes a program called Sandra (they have a free version) that will tell you everything about your PC.

Ah interesting

isitworththestress 11-09-2010 06:25 AM

Look for Java scripts on google and there are a few that you can add to a blog and see what is shown

MadSam 11-09-2010 03:35 PM

The more advanced information gathering you're talking about is done using Java NOT JavaScript - very different. Mac address, user name, etc. is not standard information that is gathered by sites - you'd need to set up your own site to run a Java program on visitors.

oompaloompa 11-09-2010 03:40 PM

so i take it then that if you block java, sites cant do an java analysis on you. Any other ways to protect ourselves??

MadSam 11-09-2010 03:44 PM

You can't block Java - you can place a buffer between it using SOCKS5, but that's way over engineering your problem. You're thinking of JavaScript which you can disable in your browser but if you do virtually nothing in eBay, Amazon and most sites will work, you probably won't get much further than login.

oompaloompa 11-09-2010 03:49 PM

Ive disabled javascript on some browsers and ebay works fine

isitworththestress 11-11-2010 07:11 AM

oompaloompa

They assume you are on a very old computer that does not have Javascript. Old windows and some work computers will not allow Javascript.

MadSam

But the same does apply even though Java would be used by the programmer but Javascript scripts will still give you a good example of what they see and you can stick the script up on a blog to see it working.

It produces quite a big list of the browser and what you have on it but does not really go beyond that.

Trader914 11-13-2010 03:54 PM

I think my question is related to this thread:

I know that when I go to a new location and log into my ebay account (when I travel or even go to a friend's house) using another PC, sometimes I get a warning that say something like "We do not recognize the computer you are logging in from. Please type in the security code from email or tel call..." or something to that effect. I have seen this also from my online banking lon-in pages. So it seems that these website know which physical hardware I am logging in from and know that whatever info they are seeing is not my main office PC that I used to originally create these ebay and bank accounts.

Questions are:
1 - What are they seeing and how do I block them or clean this info?
2 - If my ebay (and Amazon) acct was suspended and want to create a new one, does this mean I must buy a new hardware since they will have my hardware info somehow (like hard disk serial # or whatever) ?

luna 11-13-2010 07:49 PM

SiSoftware
this is not a website that shows you what people online can see I think. It only tells you whats on your pc no? correct me if I am wrong

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeffweico (Post 180546)

luna 11-13-2010 07:53 PM

thats because of the different IP and cookies I think, sometimes happens when you install everything new on your computer

no just change IP and clear cookies and create user account on your computer

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trader914 (Post 181748)
I think my question is related to this thread:

I know that when I go to a new location and log into my ebay account (when I travel or even go to a friend's house) using another PC, sometimes I get a warning that say something like "We do not recognize the computer you are logging in from. Please type in the security code from email or tel call..." or something to that effect. I have seen this also from my online banking lon-in pages. So it seems that these website know which physical hardware I am logging in from and know that whatever info they are seeing is not my main office PC that I used to originally create these ebay and bank accounts.

Questions are:
1 - What are they seeing and how do I block them or clean this info?
2 - If my ebay (and Amazon) acct was suspended and want to create a new one, does this mean I must buy a new hardware since they will have my hardware info somehow (like hard disk serial # or whatever) ?

jeffweico 11-14-2010 12:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luna (Post 181787)
SiSoftware
this is not a website that shows you what people online can see I think. It only tells you whats on your pc no? correct me if I am wrong

Correct. I was pointing another user in this direction.

Trader914 11-14-2010 02:28 PM

How safe is accessing ebay through services like AOL? I know that when you use AOL browser/service, you are first going through thier servers and you can see this when you check the IP address - it is totally different than when I access through Firefox directly. Can ebay know the originating IP address if you go through AOL?