eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   eBay Discussion! (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/)
-   -   Fair cut of profits for using gf aged ebay/pp (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/24759-fair-cut-profits-using-gf-aged-ebay-pp.html)

HurricaneHuntr 11-11-2010 11:47 AM

Fair cut of profits for using gf aged ebay/pp

So my girlfriend short quite awhile let me use her ebay account. Only 1 negative out of 115 feedbacks.

Nonetheless months ago she got cold feet. Asked me to stop using it. I did for a bit but didn't stop. So now.... I can continue if she gets a cut. What seems fair? She would have no legwork. Just letting me use

rsot 11-11-2010 11:56 AM

Ha - fee to use...ah the business models we work with =)

5 cents on the dollar - 5% - like a referral fee/real estate fee cut.

HurricaneHuntr 11-11-2010 12:10 PM

There has to be a risk fee associated I think too. I was thinking 10%

rsot 11-11-2010 12:12 PM

Sure - 10% is also a nice round number - but will add up as sales go on so it's all up to you.

imjustme 11-11-2010 01:06 PM

More girlfriends = more eBay accounts.

:humble:

First Edition 11-11-2010 01:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bizzy2010 (Post 181230)
So my girlfriend short quite awhile let me use her ebay account. Only 1 negative out of 115 feedbacks.

Nonetheless months ago she got cold feet. Asked me to stop using it. I did for a bit but didn't stop. So now.... I can continue if she gets a cut. What seems fair? She would have no legwork. Just letting me use

I'd go with a flat rate, no questions asked. One time fee. End of story. She's your girlfriend right? don't sh^t where you eat. You don't want to mix business with this kind of thing.

siccspitz 11-11-2010 04:40 PM

she likes money more than you lol -

id say 40-60% percent

she gets 40 u get 60 because your doing all the customer service work.

hence she will bite because 40% is alot but you have to remember - this account is generating you money - so therefore you need to sacrifice your profit in order to keep receiving money

if not? then make a new pp and ebay account

rsot 11-11-2010 04:43 PM

Only phrase that stands out of your blurb siccspitz (!) ...

"...hence she will bite..."

Exactly...be careful

siccspitz 11-11-2010 04:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rsot (Post 181320)
Only phrase that stands out of your blurb siccspitz (!) ...

"...hence she will bite..."

Exactly...be careful

compared to the 5% and 10% described in here i know she will bite
and hard -

you can do commissions or flat rate one time fee.

SaiJin 11-11-2010 05:19 PM

I think at this point you can start thinking about your relationship with her.
a girlfriend that asks for a cut for using her eBay account? C'mon now.

Besides, why do you even want to use hers?
Don't use what's not yours. Less trouble.

123 11-11-2010 08:29 PM

I can only see this ending in trouble, just save the 10% and use it on your own stealth equipment.

pod 11-11-2010 10:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by First Edition (Post 181263)
She's your girlfriend right? don't sh^t where you eat. You don't want to mix business with this kind of thing.

All jokes aside, what he said. 10x

Accounts are three things, period:

1. not that hard to setup
2. not that valuable
3. disposable

Dont drag anyone into this mess we play with. Its just not worth it to sell some crap online. Giver her account back and set up some stealth ones so if all hell breaks loose you can just walk away and its only on you...

HurricaneHuntr 11-11-2010 10:23 PM

Well. it's more complicated than what i said. I won't get into it, i understand the main point, and i agree. Your own is the way to go. For now christmas season, i might have to do what i have to do. But, that being said. There's a lot more to this, and i won't get into the personal stuff. anyway thanks for the opinions.

imjustme 11-12-2010 12:31 PM

That's mean. :shhh:

A smart man knows what spots to hit and then she'll let you use her eBay account for free. :lol::peace:

First Edition 11-12-2010 07:09 PM

Unless you're thinking about the dooomed ebay accounts you manage during.....

JohnGult 11-13-2010 06:57 AM

WTF, Mate?

I don't know what it is that you guys sell or just how you go about selling it, but I don't just "plan" on loosing accounts. I am at this forum because I had/have a problem with a legit account.
You guys are saying "don't go and f*^k your girl-friend", well yeah. You know what I mean.
How is he going to do that if he is using her account with honest intentions of making money? Vero is the only thing that you can sell that isn't 100% illegal and/or illegitimate or against TOS according to eBay. & if you get a Vero, can't you just chill on the product?

pod 11-13-2010 09:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnGult (Post 181675)
using her account with honest intentions of making money?

Has nothing to do with that. At all! Its not just the seller involved here. Good people get screwed over big everyday. Easy for an account to go into the red because of some bad buyers. Very very easy

There is a thread on here where a buyer scams seller and account went negative for a couple grand. They linked to old accounts and before anyone seen what was going on his family was on the hook for $7,000.... He couldn't walk away because account was in family name. Just one example.

So many things that can go wrong.... Thinking if you don't sell vero and keep your nose clean nothing can go wrong is naive.

Markk 11-13-2010 10:01 AM

£30 / Month

First Edition 11-13-2010 10:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnGult (Post 181675)
I don't know what it is that you guys sell or just how you go about selling it, but I don't just "plan" on loosing accounts. I am at this forum because I had/have a problem with a legit account.
You guys are saying "don't go and f*^k your girl-friend", well yeah. You know what I mean.
How is he going to do that if he is using her account with honest intentions of making money? Vero is the only thing that you can sell that isn't 100% illegal and/or illegitimate or against TOS according to eBay. & if you get a Vero, can't you just chill on the product?

Wow.... so so so wrong.

When you agree to ebay and/or paypal's terms of service, you agree to let them boot you off their service at any time for any reason they deam inappropriate, with or without explanation or cause. Also, VERO simply means another part is claiming exclusive rights to sell something, or they haven't given you rights to sell it. VERO labeled items do NOT mean they are deemed illegal.

Get your facts straight buddy.

JohnGult 11-14-2010 07:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by First Edition (Post 181698)
VERO labeled items do NOT mean they are deemed illegal. Get your facts straight buddy.

I know what Vero is. I said Vero OR illegal OR against TOS. Read the post... it's in English... buddy.

Also: @ALL: I suppose buyers could be dicks too, but I don't know if this is what has happened in most cases (on this forum). Having spent a bit of time reading this forum, it seems to me that it could be that the majority of the people here are the ones that may not be playing fair.

I am a member of a forum called BHW and the methods and tactics of making money there are often quite questionable, yet people are quick to defend their questionable methods. Having 15 eBay accounts is also quite questionable.

Most people are generalized by the crowd they are running with and maybe and I am assuming, that this guy hasn't much to worry about if he plays the game by eBay's rules, which none of use here are and 90% are totally Fu*king with eBay to turn a profit.....

This is not an attack on the forum or it's members (I am one and I am breaking eBay rules too). This is just how it is. Don't get mad at me about it.

Play by the rules and in almost all cases, you'll be fine. eBay has over 84 million members who say so.

pod 11-14-2010 10:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnGult (Post 181875)

Play by the rules and in almost all cases, you'll be fine.

Oh dude, seriously. Thats just so wrong. Man do I wish it wasn't, but its so wrong

mosguy 11-14-2010 08:27 PM

haha.. If eBay has a rule for us to follow, we wont suffer for YEARS for NOTHING