eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   eBay Discussion! (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/)
-   -   PayPal account in disguise - as a merchant account - has anyone tried this? (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/2500-paypal-account-disguise-merchant-account-has-anyone-tried.html)

imjustme 01-30-2008 07:25 AM

PayPal account in disguise - as a merchant account - has anyone tried this?

Here is a new idea I'm currently thinking about.

Say you don't want to link your PayPal account to eBay, but still want to accept credit cards (through PayPal's checkout system) without using an actual merchant account.

Theoretically, you could:

1. Send to eBay a ⊗⊗⊗⊗ merchant account statement.
2. Get approved after a few days with the option to sell using a merchant account.
3. Then send buyers your PayPal checkout page, where they can pay with their credit card (like with a merchant account).
4. If something happens to your PayPal account, no biggie, just change it and send the buyers the new PayPal account to pay through.

Am I missing something here or am I onto something?

I am thinking this could work, since eBay can't verify which link you end up sending buyers to, right?

ebayhateluv 01-30-2008 07:44 AM

PPAL must be easier for you?? (out of the usa)..
As MOST of us, do the Opposite...let them think were gun hoe PP,then collect on the Merchant acct..

imjustme 01-30-2008 09:00 AM

Yeah, outside the US it's actually easier. The bad part now is just that they will start holding the funds for 21 days.

ebayhateluv 01-30-2008 12:46 PM

Imjust me.. Have you ever noticed this?
--Last year when they first started the new rulings on Veros,etc, in October,
-- I was given the opportunity to take away the shipping to "Asian" areas, or however they worded it, and the listing went through??
- I changed up to ONLY usa + canada, and the listing posted...
-Maybe they discovered they were letting us know too much?
-- But i thought "why would they NOT want an item shipped overseas"??

tvaughan08 01-30-2008 06:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by imjustme (Post 22896)
Here is a new idea I'm currently thinking about.

Say you don't want to link your PayPal account to eBay, but still want to accept credit cards (through PayPal's checkout system) without using an actual merchant account.

Theoretically, you could:

1. Send to eBay a ⊗⊗⊗⊗ merchant account statement.
2. Get approved after a few days with the option to sell using a merchant account.
3. Then send buyers your PayPal checkout page, where they can pay with their credit card (like with a merchant account).
4. If something happens to your PayPal account, no biggie, just change it and send the buyers the new PayPal account to pay through.

Am I missing something here or am I onto something?

I am thinking this could work, since eBay can't verify which link you end up sending buyers to, right?

actually that could work...but u would need a computer programmer to do something like that...but it could work