eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   eBay Discussion! (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/)
-   -   High Risk Items? (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/2543-high-risk-items.html)

la*glam1 01-31-2008 09:07 PM

High Risk Items?

I buy and resell designer shoes and clothing from major department stores, some of it is slightly used and some is new with tags, would this get flagged by eBay for being a high-risk item on an old account with only buying feedback? The account is about 3 years old and has 6 feedback from buying. The items range from 100-500 dollars but I'm not sure how much I can list at a time before they try to suspend my account. I'm really scared to lose this account as it is my only source of income. I have put one item up that's worth about 100$ about 8 hours ago and it still has not become searchable. The live help assistant told me via a pre-filled out response that since I revised my item(to fix spelling) it may take a few more hours before it will show in search. I'm scared that they are using this time to further investigate my account. Please give any input, and thanks again!

ebayhateluv 01-31-2008 09:21 PM

HI, la*Glam1, WELCOME!
Well, a few pointers;
a.) Every time you REVISE-- for some strange reason-- its "abusing ebay"--How? beats me///
b.) The items, if its a NEW acct--youre in trouble if theyre all Big Name Designer Brands-- kinda like carrying a gallon of gasoline into a furnace room...
WE have several good posts by alot of very Intelligent members who have experienced what you have or similar.. Please take some time and search the forum..upper right hand corner- drop down search box..
Good Luck!
P.S. One thing that "MAY" help save you an Early suspension.. Scan the receipts for the items,, black out the price, and make it a photo in the listing... (ebay likes to see that)..

la*glam1 01-31-2008 09:47 PM

Is the account considered "new" since it has never sold before? It has been an established account since 2005 so hopefully they will give me some leeway because of that. Sometimes I just wish eBay would be fair to honest sellers and give us some type of recourse to help prevent unfair suspensions!

Chris Hanson 01-31-2008 11:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by la*glam1 (Post 23268)
I buy and resell designer shoes and clothing from major department stores, some of it is slightly used and some is new with tags, would this get flagged by eBay for being a high-risk item on an old account with only buying feedback? The account is about 3 years old and has 6 feedback from buying. The items range from 100-500 dollars but I'm not sure how much I can list at a time before they try to suspend my account. I'm really scared to lose this account as it is my only source of income. I have put one item up that's worth about 100$ about 8 hours ago and it still has not become searchable. The live help assistant told me via a pre-filled out response that since I revised my item(to fix spelling) it may take a few more hours before it will show in search. I'm scared that they are using this time to further investigate my account. Please give any input, and thanks again!

NEVER USE LIVE HELP!! NOW YOUR ACCOUNT IS UNDER THE RADAR. YOUMIGHT AS WELL SAY BYE BYE TO THAT ACCOUNT ESPECIALLY IF YOUR SELLING HIGH RISK ITEMS

la*glam1 02-01-2008 12:02 AM

Whoa, didn't know that! Thanks Chris

Chris Hanson 02-01-2008 12:08 AM

^^Always....

imjustme 02-01-2008 12:11 AM

Live help doesn't even know anything. When I told them that I couldn't link my eBay account to my PayPal account because of a technical problem on their end, they told me to restart me computer. BAHAHAAA..

la*glam1 02-01-2008 12:13 AM

LOL, it was funny talking to them, I spoke to 2 separate ones about the issue on my item not posting, and all they could do was respond with some auto-reply or something, kinda reminds me of those bots I used to chat with as a kid with no friends! (ALICE)

GreenBean 02-01-2008 02:05 AM

High Risk Items

Quote:

Originally Posted by la*glam1 (Post 23328)
LOL, it was funny talking to them, I spoke to 2 separate ones about the issue on my item not posting, and all they could do was respond with some auto-reply or something, kinda reminds me of those bots I used to chat with as a kid with no friends! (ALICE)

You gotta grease them up big time to get them to move outta their box. But
as Chris said, do not go near them. You will get much more helpful advice here.
Do not forget ebay want to protect themselves so you do not count.

bigrab54 02-01-2008 09:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris Hanson (Post 23317)
NEVER USE LIVE HELP!! NOW YOUR ACCOUNT IS UNDER THE RADAR. YOUMIGHT AS WELL SAY BYE BYE TO THAT ACCOUNT ESPECIALLY IF YOUR SELLING HIGH RISK ITEMS

you say a account becomes under the radar for asking for help? man that is harsh. never used it my self but will be staying clear if that is the case. thanks for letting us know.

Chris Hanson 02-01-2008 09:36 AM

^^yeah ofcourse.. U know dang well Ebay will take a peep and look at what your selling

Jonas 02-01-2008 06:16 PM

I've tested the revise things and if the account is old, items not high risk, then revising doesn't NARU you. But if it's a new account, high risk item......