eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   eBay Discussion! (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/)
-   -   Who here has used Xoom? (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/2614-who-here-has-used-xoom.html)

Ballsack 02-03-2008 08:40 PM

Who here has used Xoom?

I opened a test account just to see how they operate. Once I got to the payment screen I'm given the option of bank account, CC and paypal. I chose paypal. Below that they give you a choice to input your drivers license, ssn and a slew of other options to id yourself. I inputed a random passport number and even a verifiable ssn but it never goes thru. What kind of payment service is this? This is ridiculous. Do you literally have to enter all your real info in order to use this company to send payments?

GreenBean 02-03-2008 09:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ballsack (Post 23811)
I opened a test account just to see how they operate. Once I got to the payment screen I'm given the option of bank account, CC and paypal. I chose paypal. Below that they give you a choice to input your drivers license, ssn and a slew of other options to id yourself. I inputed a random passport number and even a verifiable ssn but it never goes thru. What kind of payment service is this? This is ridiculous. Do you literally have to enter all your real info in order to use this company to send payments?

Did you read their Privacy Policy? This appears to say that if your info is
{partly} inaccurate you can not use their services. That is how I read it so
if your two points of ID are random it will not work.

Ballsack 02-03-2008 09:34 PM

What I would like to know is why they would even need all that information when no one else does? They're just a payment service.

GreenBean 02-03-2008 10:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ballsack (Post 23816)
What I would like to know is why they would even need all that information when no one else does? They're just a payment service.

:confused: Because of the Patriot Act 2001. Read the Act and what it does.
If you say this is just a payment service, ergo no ID needed, then every terrorist including domestic types. (Breaching the various financial acts)
will use it. Big Brother has gotta know you

unless you are talking tongue in cheek and I am a klutz?

Ballsack 02-03-2008 11:13 PM

The Patriot Act is not used to catch terrorists but to restrict the rights and privacy of american citizens. It's pretty basic common knowledge. Btw Paypal is the biggest payment processor there is and they don't require any id to send payment to someone. If paypal doesn't require it neither should xoom.

ivegotinfo 02-04-2008 07:53 AM

^ eeexactly. all this crap isnt about catching terrorists; there are more people dying in car crashes, cancer, and other stuff per year than from "terrorists" and they spend billions on fighting these "terrorists"

but anyway actually if they want all that info they can screw themselves, one of the people i outsource wanted me to pay him through this, but now no way, moneygram is only 4$ more for where im sending money to, and i get to keep my privacy.

winterson 02-04-2008 08:01 AM

I've used Xoom for more than 10 times and i didn't use any verification process to use their service. It's not there, may be in Xoom US needs this kinda verification. If you want I can send you your money.

Ballsack 02-05-2008 07:50 AM

Yeah LUCKY US!

DogFacedBoy 02-05-2008 12:21 PM

Is Xoom is viable alternative to Paypal and approved by ebay?

winterson 02-05-2008 02:01 PM

Xoom is not a Payment Processor like PayPal. It is a medium to transfer money worldwide like Western Union or MoneyGram.