eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   eBay Discussion! (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/)
-   -   On CNN: eBay won't let sellers rate buyers anymore (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/2681-cnn-ebay-wont-let-sellers-rate-buyers-anymore.html)

imjustme 02-07-2008 03:00 PM

On CNN: eBay won't let sellers rate buyers anymore

mantisinc 02-07-2008 03:08 PM

Heard about this on the radio today, which is bad news for sellers IMO. Means buyers can get away with not paying, and go out of their way to leave negative feedback with nothing in exchange. From my experience, ebay is totally naf at dealing with negative feedback comments.

I guess it stops sellers signing up, and buying cheap goods just to get feedback. Although, this was slightly overcome by the $1 minimum store inventory listing.

Chris Hanson 02-07-2008 03:43 PM

Humm and the weird thing is that there stock jumped up for sec once this got out....

Chris Hanson 02-07-2008 03:46 PM

Here is my take on the new feedback rule.

When a buyer pays for the item but has not received it, the buyer has completely fulfilled their obligations to the eBay community. Thus, they should receive positive feedback. They bought and paid for the item, However, alot of sellers play this game of 'feedback hostage,' where they hold out the specter of no feedback or even negative feedback.

I truly believe that once a buyer pays for an item your suppose to leave good feedback but then again if the buyer paid 1-2 weeks late then negative feedback should be left to warn other sellers.

ebayhateluv 02-07-2008 03:51 PM

Chris:
You must be one of the "Lucky Few", then in dealing with Buyers..
I've been on the Bay for 10 years now.. have come across so many
unscrupulous buyers...Some things even make my kids laugh + chuckle..
(when they send me Empty boxes + then give PP the tracking to show they returned the mdse)--
OR-- when they get their mdse and say only 1 item was in the box instead of all 3, OR;
--- When they flat out tell you--if you dont ship for $3.00 like I have pd in the past, im gonna neg you.. and bunches of others...
Just my exper... :)

Chris Hanson 02-07-2008 04:28 PM

Nope never got any of that

Ballsack 02-07-2008 04:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ebayhateluv (Post 24502)
Chris:
You must be one of the "Lucky Few", then in dealing with Buyers..
I've been on the Bay for 10 years now.. have come across so many
unscrupulous buyers...Some things even make my kids laugh + chuckle..
(when they send me Empty boxes + then give PP the tracking to show they returned the mdse)--
OR-- when they get their mdse and say only 1 item was in the box instead of all 3, OR;
--- When they flat out tell you--if you dont ship for $3.00 like I have pd in the past, im gonna neg you.. and bunches of others...
Just my exper... :)

This is what the new feedback system is trying to fix. Now those same buyers can pull the same move without having to worry about you giving them negative feedback back. Problem solved. :)

Chris Hanson 02-07-2008 05:44 PM

^^You know what neg feedback is not even a problem for buyers. Did you forget a buyer has throw away accounts. They can care less about feedback.

Basically so what if you neg a buyer, why would they care. They can always make a new account and use their exact same information. Ebay doesnt looks at buyers accounts like they do seller accounts.

ebayhateluv 02-07-2008 06:57 PM

U.K. Test-- Court of Peers for FB???

eBay UK has cancelled plans to test a new program called Community Court, a system for dealing with unfair feedback. Users first heard of the new system in October in the eBay Business Newsletter that eBay UK sends to PowerSellers. Community Court was designed so that eBay members in the UK who received negative feedback ratings from trading partners could let a jury of other eBay members decide if the feedback was fair or not. If 70 of the 100 jurors felt the negative feedback was unfair, eBay would have removed the feedback. A "hung jury" would have resulted in no action.

ebay-sucks 02-07-2008 07:26 PM

I have had my share of crappy buyers. From threathening you to pulling every trick known, its the buyers who scare me more then the sellers.
I usually always give a return guarantee and it never seems to fail that a few buyers plays that bait and switch crap with me. I send them a good item and I get a piece of crap back.
This is not good news, I can see buyers now holding sellers hostage and use this as a tool against us. PAY OR MY SHIPPING OR I WILL LEAVE A NEGATIVE FOR YOU... I can see it coming.

Ballsack 02-07-2008 07:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris Hanson (Post 24522)
^^You know what neg feedback is not even a problem for buyers. Did you forget a buyer has throw away accounts. They can care less about feedback.

Basically so what if you neg a buyer, why would they care. They can always make a new account and use their exact same information. Ebay doesnt looks at buyers accounts like they do seller accounts.

Why would they care? Have you ever seen the reaction of ppl you neg even justifiably? Please.

Van Player 02-08-2008 12:06 AM

maybe this whole thing is set up by eB to boost the amount of ppl using squaretrade... lets not forget how owns squaretrade:cool:

Ballsack 02-08-2008 12:35 AM

The FIRST time I obligated a buyer using square trade he scammed me. This was in the early days of ebay. Never again.

Jonas 02-08-2008 08:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mantisinc (Post 24488)
Heard about this on the radio today, which is bad news for sellers IMO. Means buyers can get away with not paying, and go out of their way to leave negative feedback with nothing in exchange. From my experience, ebay is totally naf at dealing with negative feedback comments.

At present people with 0 feedback and really low feedback already will neg without care.

People who are selling on the same account they buy from will never leave neg or neutral first. Even if they neg when the easy retaliation is gone, they know you can get a new account and neg them.

Jonas 02-08-2008 08:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Van Player (Post 24584)
maybe this whole thing is set up by eB to boost the amount of ppl using squaretrade... lets not forget how owns squaretrade:cool:

I thought squaretrade was a separate company, but giving ebay kickbacks. This may have changed.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ballsack (Post 24589)
The FIRST time I obligated a buyer using square trade he scammed me. This was in the early days of ebay. Never again.

You are unclear. Please explain what happened.

mantisinc 02-08-2008 10:25 AM

What I fear is bribery. Before, buyers could say "if you leave me negative, I'l leave you negative". I can see it turning into the buyer saying "if you don't leave me positive, I'l leave you negative", and there is nothing the seller can do.

Rediculous.

doughboykilla 02-11-2008 11:47 PM

if some buyers leaves me a neg and dosent pay that buyer better hopes hes not haveing any listing up for sale cause not only will i bid a outragious bid i will leave his butt a nasty negative as well :D

Chris Hanson 02-12-2008 12:37 AM

I dotn think they will do that on their seller account

Gangster878 09-25-2011 04:32 PM

That The Crap Thing About Ebay

Here We Go Again 09-25-2011 05:35 PM

3.5 year old thread.
Check the dates before you raise the DEAD.....