Watch out for buyer certain buyers!! (Rant) - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Closed Thread

Old 02-13-2011

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 78%
Default Watch out for buyer certain buyers!! (Rant)

Just a warning. This ebay buyer bought a blueray player and said nothing for 33 days when I asked him if it was OK. I got a string of insults in reply. I asked what was wrong with it and said I would give him a refund. He would not reply but then gave a negative feedback. I did refund his money without ever knowing what was wrong. It is going to cost me for sure. Why are some people just plain mean???
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 02-13-2011
Red X

Longevity: 0%

33 days!? I would have denied his request. This guy had over a month to contact you if something was wrong with the bluray player, so If he never told you what the problem was within a week or 2 of purchasing the item, he did the damage himself. If i were you i'd have the feedback removed immediately. I would have refunded him NOTHING AT ALL.
Old 02-13-2011

Longevity: 79%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat PE View Post
Just a warning. This ebay buyer bought a blueray player and said nothing for 33 days when I asked him if it was OK. I got a string of insults in reply. I asked what was wrong with it and said I would give him a refund. He would not reply but then gave a negative feedback. I did refund his money without ever knowing what was wrong. It is going to cost me for sure. Why are some people just plain mean???
Bad deal for sure, but I never contact my buyers after the sale (except the notification that the package has been shipped) Just asking for trouble IMO.
Were you asking for feedback? If so that proves my point....you got feedback you didn't want, and didn't deserve.
Old 02-13-2011

Longevity: 81%
Send a message via AIM to Stream

I'm that guy, I will get money back from you. I'm also going to send you back the one that was broken before I bought one just like it from you. heh. Just joking!!! ha.....

I do understand where you coming from, Has happen to me. Denie the dispute and wright that it has be well over the 30day mark for any refunds/exchange.

Good luck!

Stream.

Last edited by TGMT²; 02-13-2011 at 10:02 PM.
Old 02-14-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,069 Times in 2,169 Posts

In my experience, it is never a good idea to contact a buyer after the sale, unless they contact you first.

If they are satisfied, they may be annoyed that you are "bothering" them.

If they are NOT satisfied, but did not contact you, then the issue is likely minor. Or they figure the time is up so forget it.

By contacting them, you just open a can of worms best left closed.

I always enclose a thank you note with each order and give the buyer my email address and an 800 number to call if there are any problems. At the end, I put a blurb about positive feedback being very important to sellers. This increases my feedback a bit and gives the buyer multiple ways to contact me OUTSIDE OF EBAY'S EMAIL SYSTEM. If you are not comfortable on the phone, just use an email address. It still works.
Old 02-14-2011
Threadstarter  

Longevity: 78%

Hi
Only reason I posted it was to get his name to show up on a Google search but it got edited out. No Joy. Anybody got any suggestions where to post so it comes up?
Old 02-14-2011

Longevity: 79%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat PE View Post
Hi
Only reason I posted it was to get his name to show up on a Google search but it got edited out. No Joy. Anybody got any suggestions where to post so it comes up?
Honestly just let it go. He's one of tens of millions of buyers registered on Ebay.
Just put him on your block bidder list if it will make you feel better. You've nothing to gain by trying to hurt his reputation....sorry. He's literally a needle in a haystack. I deal with this kind of nonsense on a regular basis, and believe me you just have to let it go.
Old 02-14-2011
MU

Yea, some buyers are plain rude and leave negative feedback for stupid pathetic reasons. I hope kharma takes care of them really good and they learn to be more open-minded on ebay. I hate it when I run out of an item and i email the buyer after refunding him immediately or maybe a day after depends and they still have left me negative feedback. It sucks, but I hope new ebay buyers come on and better understanding people.
Closed Thread