Two linked eBay accts - One TRS, one BSS? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 02-22-2011

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 77%
Send a message via Skype™ to HelpNeeded!
Default Two linked eBay accts - One TRS, one BSS?

Like all of you, I have had issues with eBay accounts in the past out of the blue. I have been on eBay for 10+ years, and out of the blue get suspended for nothing.

My most recent suspension was one account that was 12 years old. I had great feedback, and after selling an iPhone was suspended. I had proof that the iPhone was in fact mine, including the receipt which matched the serial number, ect. But eBay told me that iPhones, in addition to all other Apple products, and not allowed on eBay. I appealed it several times, and eBay refuses to respond to my emails.

Now heres my questions. I have two accounts right now. One is over 10 years old, with no limits. I am currently at Below Standard Seller status because a competitor decided to buy a ton of items from me, and leave negatives immediately after purchasing them. eBay refuses to remove the feedback or do anything about it, I am stuck at BSS. My percentages are not too bad though, and I am listing some cheap products just to increase the overall transactions and should recover soon.

I had another account that had about 10 feedback, and is a few months old. I figure I might as well build this account up. At the end of February, I will be eligible to receive a TRS badge next month.

Here is the problem: when I started selling on this newer account, it told me that I can increase my selling limits by linking it to an existing account. I linked it to my old account of 10 years, so that I could remove the limits. I was told that even though I linked the accounts and my old account has no limits, that I would still have limits of $5k/mo + 100 transactions/mo. eBay's reasoning was that the 10 year account is BSS.

Will eBay let my newer account become a TRS/Poweseller in March when I am due for another evaluation? I am becoming concerned, because it is linked with another account that is BSS.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 02-22-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,937 Times in 8,228 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Your accounts are all linked it would seem - you are on VERY thin ice. Yes, you are operating ok for now but if ever eb ay decides to shut you down (or if you make a mistake in listing), then ALL your work in building the accounts is toast.

I have had linked accounts go to Powerseller status (linked via IP) BUT none of them were banned - so that's MY experience with it. Knowing eb ay's chicanery, I would kind of expect that if your account got flagged for Powerseller promotion, an agent would review; see linkage; ask you for ID verification; ban you - that's what I have come to expect. I could be wrong but is it worth the risk?

Making stealth accounts is easy - makes spreading of sales simple and allows you to operate CLEANLY.

All the best. Would love to see future contributions from you - 10-12 years of eb ay experience is solid chock full of insight I am betting.