eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   eBay Discussion! (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/)
-   -   Change ebay user ID without new one being found? (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/29485-change-ebay-user-id-without-new-one-being-found.html)

utrader 03-25-2011 09:56 AM

Change ebay user ID without new one being found?

First off, a big hello to all in this community:yar:

Im here because id like to know if its possible to change my established ebay user ID to a new one without the new one EVER being found through tracking of the old ID by other users. I have been an ebay user since 2004, nothing special just the average buying and selling for my own pleasure. I have done well to earn my 371 feedbacks without ever getting a neutral or neg (and yes, ive seen and been scammed - paypal disputes department must be run by a bunch of primates who push random buttons for food rewards)!

My problem:

Im about to get into a dirty dispute with next door neighbour over noise, been going on for 11 years and is now unbearable. These people, through their extended family, know my current ebay ID (my own fault, should never of dealt with any of 'em) so im looking to batten down the hatches before i start making moves. I dont want my auctions being trashed, or find tax people questioning my income thanks to retaliation over the coming months.

I rang ebay customer services about an hour ago and the agent i spoke with told me that my new ID could still be found based on the old one with time and effort through the ebay website. I will ditch my old account and start new if i have to but id really like to hang on to my current one if i can. As i understand it, when i change my ID the 'switched user' icon appears next to my name for 30 days which is an absolute ice-age in my situation. I dont fully understand how the whole user id tracking thing works on ebay and out in the wild but when you can bosh an ebay id into google and get a result it doesnt paint a good picture. I am a seasoned computer user, i understand proxies, cookies, SSL, static and dynamic IP's and all that jazz, just wish ebay would stop moving the goalposts all the time.

Im guessing -hoping even- that this is a doddle for someone reading this and if so could someone kindly point me towards a solution?

Best regards to you all :)

nobody999 03-26-2011 04:02 PM

i would suggest to go ahead and make a stealth account, abandon your old account for awhile.....list the stuff on the new account, after a couple months maybe your neighbor will think you quit ebay and not look you up anymore, then you can change your username and after 30 days, i don't think people can link your previous username to the new one.