eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   eBay Discussion! (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/)
-   -   Sudden increase in "lost packages" to Canada (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/29818-sudden-increase-lost-packages-canada.html)

ebayisanecessaryevil 04-03-2011 04:48 PM

Sudden increase in "lost packages" to Canada

Been shipping internationally for 13+ years. This past holiday season was the WORST for lost packages internationally for me. This terrible loss rate has continued through Q1 of this year.

I usually have no lost packages to International customers, but I had 4 lost out of a couple dozen international shipments this year and they were all to Canada.

Has anyone else experienced Canadian shipping problems? And, BTW, they were all ebay, so to avoid neg feed, disputes, everyone got refunds or free stuff to shut them up. I am awaiting the results of the duplicate shipments. :mad2:

I do find it interesting that all my "shipping problems" come from Ebay and Amazon, and NOT my website.:suspicious:

yotano211 04-03-2011 07:30 PM

That is why you need shipping confirmation when shipping overseas. It cost a little more but worth it. I experienced the same thing last year when I ship a packages first class international, now I only ship Priority International with tracking. Sometimes I have to eat up the extra shipping cost but when they ask "where is my package" I tell them to look up the tracking info.

I had 2 people try to scam me this way, they filed a ebay dispute. When ebay saw the package was shipped they closed the case and I won. I got saved. The other person closed the close himself, so I know he only wanted free stuff.

And no I have not witnessed any lost packages to Canada, never lost any to Canada. My only complaint about Canada is that is takes so long for packages to arrive.

jerry 04-03-2011 09:22 PM

Which courier were you using to ship the items?

By the way, what payment methods do you accept on your website? If you accept credit cards via a merchant account don't people try to defraud you by using stolen credit cards? I heard that happens a lot when selling on your own website.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ebayisanecessaryevil (Post 216049)
Been shipping internationally for 13+ years. This past holiday season was the WORST for lost packages internationally for me. This terrible loss rate has continued through Q1 of this year.

I usually have no lost packages to International customers, but I had 4 lost out of a couple dozen international shipments this year and they were all to Canada.

Has anyone else experienced Canadian shipping problems? And, BTW, they were all ebay, so to avoid neg feed, disputes, everyone got refunds or free stuff to shut them up. I am awaiting the results of the duplicate shipments. :mad2:

I do find it interesting that all my "shipping problems" come from Ebay and Amazon, and NOT my website.:suspicious:

RimmingTon 04-04-2011 06:54 AM

The items were not lost, they got delivered eventually after being held in customs for 1+ month :)

rsot 04-04-2011 09:24 AM

@eb ay/evil - how did you sent them out? without tracking?

mercurial333 04-05-2011 07:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yotano211 (Post 216099)
That is why you need shipping confirmation when shipping overseas. It cost a little more but worth it. I experienced the same thing last year when I ship a packages first class international, now I only ship Priority International with tracking. Sometimes I have to eat up the extra shipping cost but when they ask "where is my package" I tell them to look up the tracking info.

I had 2 people try to scam me this way, they filed a ebay dispute. When ebay saw the package was shipped they closed the case and I won. I got saved. The other person closed the close himself, so I know he only wanted free stuff.

And no I have not witnessed any lost packages to Canada, never lost any to Canada. My only complaint about Canada is that is takes so long for packages to arrive.

I thought tracking is only available with Express Mail. Does Priority also offer tracking?