Need to get my ebay acc shut down asap - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Closed Thread

Old 04-12-2011

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 78%
Default Need to get my ebay acc shut down asap

Ok this is going to be complicated.

I have an ebay account that is 6 years old. Today I tried to log in and it says invalid id or password.

Caps isn't on etc etc and 101% sure have entered the details correct.

I called ebay and they refused to tell me anything or talk to me other than to say no other computer had accessed the account.

Problem is the account was setup 6 years ago by my then partner, who sadly is no longer alive. The email address on the account is no longer in existance, the house address is way out of date and not sure which it is, the CC info on the account is my mums and current, the phone number was about the only thing current and the account was in my late partners name.

As such they refused to suspend the account let alone even talk to me.

I have items listed ( 5 ) I can keep and eye on that and deal with them thorugh paypal if they sell but I would seriously like to get it suspended or canceled or something

Any advice or assistance would be most welcomed.
Many thanks for your time
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 04-12-2011
Threadstarter  

Longevity: 78%

Thing is I have no idea how this has happened. I'm not on wifi and no one else has access to the pc and the guy at ebay said no other machine had accessed the account, implying no one else had changed the password.

So either they are wrong and someone has, or ebay themsleves have to restrict access but this is doubtful as my items are still up for sale and it was my understanding that if you were suspened etc you could still log in to see what ebay were beating you with a stick for.

I've also run out of attempts to retrive the password ... why I do not know as the email account was closed 4 ish years ago that was linked to it.

I never changed the details as prior to this account my account was suspened back in 2002 and so when my partner moved in I shared her account and just kind of adopted it when she passed away and left it as was.

Just worried about something selling and not being able to pay fees as this was done via paypal or someone having stolen the account trying to sell things and foot me the bill or use it for fraud
Old 04-12-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,069 Times in 2,169 Posts
Longevity: 81%

I can actually see why eBay will not talk to you about someone else's account, even if it was for your partner or spouse.

Think about it. If eBay allowed you to close someone else's account with a phone call, and I was your competitor, then *I* could call eBay and have them close your account.

But, if you have a copy of the death certificate, you could probably send it to them or fax it to them. I'm sure that eBay does not really want to keep a dead persons account alive, as that opens up the possibility of fraud.

Last edited by jeffweico; 04-12-2011 at 01:56 PM.
Old 04-12-2011

Longevity: 75%
Send a message via MSN to ShadyOne

Well if you cannot gain access to it then I doubt anyone else is ever going to.

Can you access the PayPal account? If so refund the people who pay and close down your PayPal account.

Simple.
Old 04-12-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

PM me your user name on ebay. If this works, I'll give you the advice and reopen the thread.