eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   eBay Discussion! (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/)
-   -   Did I goof up? (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/30467-did-i-goof-up.html)

flyhead64 04-18-2011 11:51 AM

Did I goof up?

Ok here is the summary. Got suspend from ebay after 12 years. Bought Stealth book and did everything it says....except forgot to delete my flash cookies. Ran the CC Cleaner. Verified everything except EB. When I logged on to EB last night my old username and password popped up in the boxes already pre-populated.

Am I in trouble? Do I need to start over?

Thanks

ShadyOne 04-18-2011 11:54 AM

You should have opened up a new user account for the stealth account really.

What browser was you using? I am pretty sure that this is only your browser remembering your username and password.

You may have not 'goofed' up yet. I am not certain though. :suspicious:

:peace:

GrannyT 04-18-2011 01:40 PM

Ouch - that happened to me when I was running stealth - didn't log in and promptly found and removed the 'offending items' - so far so good. Fingers crossed and hold your breath!!

Alps_a somewhatlegend 04-18-2011 02:14 PM

In CCleaner there are the tick boxes in the options and some need ticking like the clean cookies and that stuff.....

also in the options bit and then advanced settings bit, there is a chek box 'delete temp files older than 24hrs'.....

Maybe try these things if you cant seem to clear out what you need to.

Some of my computers I have to do them things and on others there is no need... computers behave weird sometimes so play aroud with settings and see what works for you.

Saying all that, I dont know too much but thats what works for me.

ShadyOne 04-18-2011 02:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alps_a somewhatlegend (Post 220776)
In CCleaner there are the tick boxes in the options and some need ticking like the clean cookies and that stuff.....

also in the options bit and then advanced settings bit, there is a chek box 'delete temp files older than 24hrs'.....

Maybe try these things if you cant seem to clear out what you need to.

Some of my computers I have to do them things and on others there is no need... computers behave weird sometimes so play aroud with settings and see what works for you.

Saying all that, I dont know too much but thats what works for me.

Alps is right!

But I still think it could just be a 'saved passwords'.

Their is an option in CCleaner to delete 'saved password'. OR you could remove them by going into the browsers settings.

The only importance of deleting them is so you NEVER log back into your suspended accounts.

So if this is just your browser remembering your password, you have not 'goofed' up. As long as all cookies were erased.

A 'saved password' is not an ebay cookie.

'Keep me signed in' is an ebay cookie though.

flyhead64 04-18-2011 03:14 PM

Shady one ...I use firefox as recommended. Crossing my fingers! I didnt open up another account since I only have one account.

flyhead64 04-18-2011 03:21 PM

Oh...one more thing. When I went to have my stealth eb account done last night they want to call my stealth phone number. Is that a big deal? If not what questions will they have for me?

ShadyOne 04-18-2011 03:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flyhead64 (Post 220804)
Shady one ...I use firefox as recommended. Crossing my fingers! I didnt open up another account since I only have one account.

Now I am certain. It was simply firefox remembering your password, not ebay.

If you used CCleaner, you have to go to 'Applications' and then under Firefox you click 'Saved Password'. This will delete any password your browser has saved.

The best method is to open Firefox, click 'Tools' then 'Options' then 'Security' and then 'Saved Passwords'.

It will bring up the entire list of saved Firefox passwords. It is a good idea to delete your e bay account passwords this way so you can keep all your other passwords.

Set up a new user account next time, you can then be sure nothing from your old e Bay accounts exists. :thumb:

ShadyOne 04-18-2011 03:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flyhead64 (Post 220804)
Oh...one more thing. When I went to have my stealth eb account done last night they want to call my stealth phone number. Is that a big deal? If not what questions will they have for me?

I am not sure of the questions, this may be a US things, I have not yet had to do them in the UK.

I have only had to do phone pin verifications.

However I am almost certain they will be the simplest things you have ever had to answer, as remember, these questions will be asked to everyone and not just stealth users. So why worry?! :thumb:

flyhead64 04-18-2011 05:17 PM

Shadyone ---You the man!

Alps_a somewhatlegend 04-19-2011 12:41 AM

^ you know it! - the geezer is a dude.

He explains everything nice, provides links if needed and he got the slickest avatar and signature!!!

That young lad is going places - respect and thanks for the help and information in all your posts