eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   eBay Discussion! (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/)
-   -   Live Help are funny :) (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/30517-live-help-funny.html)

mattytman 04-19-2011 12:24 PM

Live Help are funny :)

I spoke with live help on a suspended account this afternoon. I'm having some issues with proving that I owned an item I had for sale over 8 months ago and here is an exert of our discussion:

Live Help Guy:
EBay needs to know you had the item in your possession before we can reinstate your account.

Me:
I told you, it was 8 months ago. Tickets are useless now anyway - so I don't have them. I bought them from another eBay member.

Live Help Guy:
Where exactly are the tickets now?

Me:
I'm guessing at the bottom of someone's bin or waving around in the wind in the field that the festival was in.

Live Help Guy:
Are you saying you don't have them now?

Me:
Of course I'm saying that. I sold them 8 months ago. It's not common practice for someone to send back used tickets just in case eBay need proof you sold them.

Live Help Guy:
Maybe you have a receipt. Either that or we need to see a photograph of you with your item.

Me:
Are you saying if I found the tickets and got my mates to take a photograph of me with the 8-month-old tickets you would re-instate my account?

Live Help Guy:
Yes. There is an opportunity to review your account if we can see a photograph of you with the tickets.

Me:
How do you know what I look like?

Live Help Guy:
I'm not sure I follow.

Me:
If I manage to find the 8 month old tickets in a field and get my mates to take a picture -- how will you know it's me in the picture? Is it because you have my driving license photograph?

Live Help Guy:
We at eBay use many techniques to identify our members.

Me:
Should I be scared?

Live Help Guy:
There is nothing to be scared about. Just send in photograph, as discussed or a receipt proving your purchase.

Me:
Ok. I don't have a receipt because it was a cash buy from another eBay member...so I'll do the picture thing.

Live Help Guy:
Great! Then we can look at re-instating your account. Can you send this through now?

Me:
No. I have to go and find the tickets. I should be able to forward the photograph before Christmas...2018.

Live Help Guy:
You can upload documents at any time. As soon as you do we will review your account for reinstatement. Is there anything else I can help you with today sir?

Me:
No. That's about all. Thanks for your time. Can I just say that today, during this conversation, you have represented your employers (eBay) perfectly.

Live help Guy:
Thank you. It is always a pleasure to assist our members. Take care.

HOW GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR8 IS THAT?:hail::hail::hail::hail:

ets 04-19-2011 12:30 PM

what a load of sh**t.. how does that prove anything? This man is just reading a piece of paper he has in front of him. No common sense at all.. Goodness.. I would just say goodbye to that account and move on

ShadyOne 04-19-2011 12:49 PM

Haha, some funny stuff.

Have you ever sent e bay your ID? or are they asking for your ID to reinstate your account at the moment? If not, good point, they will not know what you look like...

Quote:

You can upload documents at any time. As soon as you do we will review your account for reinstatement. Is there anything else I can help you with today sir?
^^^^This isn't true :doh: I have tried many times before and can never get it to work :doh:

:peace:

unkown5454 04-20-2011 03:28 AM

Incredible...:hail: