Rags to Riches - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 04-27-2011

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 76%
Default Rags to Riches

Is it possible to resell software on eBay to become a millionaire?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 04-27-2011

Send a message via Yahoo to WasTopRatedThenBanned

Depends on what you are selling and how much. What really is important also is not what you are selling but how it is presented.

(Millionaire selling brands such a Microsoft is impossible)

Yes my friend it is possible. It is possible selling pencils on ebay and becoming a millionaire.

I do understand that ebay places limits on selling software, if you provide the required information, im sure they will let you sell as many as you want.
(Given you provide them legit information, they will want your id, business name, suppliers etc if you are trying the millionaire in one year task)

Last edited by WasTopRatedThenBanned; 04-27-2011 at 01:22 AM.
Old 04-27-2011
Threadstarter  

Possible, meaning, the longevity of the operation.
Old 04-27-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,342 Times in 961 Posts
Activity: 9%

I say yes.
Old 04-27-2011
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by unkown5454 View Post
I say yes.
Ok, how do I go about this?
Old 04-27-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,342 Times in 961 Posts
Activity: 9%

Secrets make millionaires. Alongside s t e a l t h.
Old 04-27-2011

Longevity: 75%
Send a message via MSN to ShadyOne

Lol at this thread. Is this purerly a dream of yours BestBuyz or do you have knowledge on the subject (selling software).

Firstly you would have to be able to make at least $1000 clear profit EVERY DAY on eBay for at least three years.

Can I just ask, how do you plan on sourcing popular software? Pretty sure most software is bought direct from manfucturer and you become an authorized reseller. Have you tried following this up.
Old 04-27-2011
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadyOne View Post
Lol at this thread. Is this purerly a dream of yours BestBuyz or do you have knowledge on the subject (selling software).

Firstly you would have to be able to make at least $1000 clear profit EVERY DAY on eBay for at least three years.

Can I just ask, how do you plan on sourcing popular software? Pretty sure most software is bought direct from manfucturer and you become an authorized reseller. Have you tried following this up.
Sourcing the products would be through "Authorized Reselling" and selling in quantity isn't difficult with software nowadays. I have sold software for 1 year now on both Amazon and eBay.
Old 04-27-2011
Red X

Longevity: 0%

You're going to need so many stealth accounts, and lots of inventory, it will take some time. People are struggling just to make $500 a month, but I say $500 a day which is around 15k a month is more realistic than $1,000,000. I had to come up with a plan in order for me to make around 15k a month, but it involved more than just auction sites, it involved me having to work,etc so this summer we'll see if I can reach my goal, hopefully you can reach yours too.
Old 04-27-2011

Longevity: 92%

Quote:
My good friend Shady makes a valid point. However the 'millionaire dream', in reality, requires far more than a million pounds/dollars.

Let's say you clear $1,000 profit per day, for three years. That's a $1,000,000 profit (or thereabouts). Are you a millionaire? Hell no! In those three years - you need to eat, drink, pay water, gas, electric, and everything else that comes with ordinary life. On top of this you will no doubt increase your 'material wealth' and buy yourself a bigger car, maybe a bigger house...etc. Now you have bigger petrol/gasoline bills, higher mortgage rates...

Jamie Oliver made the top 100 rich list last year. He had X amount of millions to his 'name' and obviously has a great lifestyle. In an interview on day-time TV he openly said "I have less money in my bank account now than I did twelve years ago when I started this...". Lol. I wouldn't mind being in his position...but you get my point.

And why do you want to be a 'millionaire?' Don't mean to waffle on...but here is a short story that makes me smile when I think about 'money' and true 'wealth'.

One day a Wealthy Business Man decides to take a trip on a boat. A young man offers the Business Man his hand as he steps onto the boat. The two men set sale for a relaxing hour on the river. The content young man looks perfectly happy and is taking in the scenery when the Business Man suddenly asks: "Why don't you expand your business? It could be a great little earner". Confused, the young man asks "Why?". The Business Man replies "Because you'll be able to earn more money, do nicer things, buy nice things and expand your business". "Why?" asks the young man again. The Business Man shakes his head, smiles and explains "Because then you'll have a bigger business and you'll be able to buy more and more boats...you could have the largest boat-trip business in the whole of this area". "Why" asks the young man? The business man smiles smugly and says "Because you'll be successful. Everyone will know you, respect you. One day you'll be so rich and successful - you won't need to work anymore. You'll be able to float around on your boat all day. You'll be happy". The young man smiled.

Enjoy the ride - you'll only end up where you're already at

Last edited by mattytman; 04-27-2011 at 09:58 AM.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mattytman For This Useful Post:
GreenBean (04-27-2011), gugughandi (04-27-2011), ShadyOne (04-27-2011)
Old 04-27-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,926 Times in 8,218 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Your asking question on business model - have you tested it out? All the best.
Old 04-27-2011

I wrote an app. Listed it on eBay for 1M, just waiting for someone to bite.
The Following User Says Thank You to stillselling For This Useful Post:
mattytman (04-27-2011)
Old 04-27-2011

Many years ago (more than I'm prepared to admit to) I ran a printing and graphic design business. I employed 28 people, worked 7 days a week, average 14 - 18 hours a day. On paper I was a millionaire. My staff worked 8 hours a day 5 days a week and had holidays, sick pay and all the employee benefits that I denied myself.

Things went pear shaped and due to fraud, bad business decisions and a bad trading enviroment I couldn't make enough to keep all the balls in the air and lost the lot.

I'm now a farmers wife, don't have much money, still work 7 days a week, 12 - 14 hours a day (I always keep the last hour of the day for a soak in the bath) but I am no longer chasing that elusive dream - and I wouldn't change a thing. Decide if you are going to work to live or live to work. The pursuit of that elusive million has an awful lot of 'on costs'.

Mattyman and his anecdote is so right.

I now sit in my boat and float around all day, (except for packing boat loads of free range eggs every day. - I hate eggs and chicken poo!!)
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to GrannyT For This Useful Post:
brandrich30 (04-28-2011), gugughandi (04-27-2011), mattytman (04-27-2011)
Old 04-27-2011
Red X

Not bragging, but I can make way more money than I am making right now, and not doing a thing. Why? Because I honestly don't care about money, even though it's needed, so I do little by little, in other words, i sometimes sell enough just to get by, or buy what I need. I am content just the way my life Is at the moment, and wouldn't trade it for nothing In the world.

When you focus on money to much, especially when you're online all day, you will get stressed out, and could have health issues. I had to learn to "not care", sit back, and relax. I don't even care If my ebay/amazon business fails, I'll just start over, and create new ones, not caring, being patient, and just not letting small things get to me has made my life way better than it was when i was only focused on making $100's per day.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Imback2010 (04-27-2011), WasTopRatedThenBanned (04-27-2011)
Old 04-27-2011

Longevity: 92%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red X View Post
Not bragging, but I can make way more money than I am making right now, and not doing a thing. Why? Because I honestly don't care about money, even though it's needed, so I do little by little, in other words, i sometimes sell enough just to get by, or buy what I need. I am content just the way my life Is at the moment, and wouldn't trade it for nothing In the world.

When you focus on money to much, especially when you're online all day, you will get stressed out, and could have health issues. I had to learn to "not care", sit back, and relax. I don't even care If my ebay/amazon business fails, I'll just start over, and create new ones, not caring, being patient, and just not letting small things get to me has made my life way better than it was when i was only focused on making $100's per day.
You're in the boat!!! Good for you Red-X.
Old 04-27-2011
Executive [VIP]

this thread makes me laugh :D
Old 04-27-2011

imagine.. that when you do make 100000 in those 3 years.. assuming you waited till 1M to withdraw, I would like to see how you get it.. atm crazy!
Old 04-27-2011
Red X

Yes, the humble, and powerful Red X is in the boat, and have no plans on changing until the Summer, then I'll hibernate again in the fall/winter.
Old 04-27-2011
Threadstarter  

Thank you all for the outstanding input. I greatly appreciate every single comment. Running several stealth accounts is an amazing idea for the Amazon marketplace. The primary (first account) I was using recently received a 90 day ban. I was netting nearly $4,000 per month running this single account selling software. If I were utilizing 2-3 stealth accounts at one time, I could make an income of anywhere from $12,000-$20,000 per month if eBay were an option as well.
Old 04-27-2011

Send a message via MSN to ShadyOne

Quote:
Originally Posted by BestBuyz View Post
Thank you all for the outstanding input. I greatly appreciate every single comment. Running several stealth accounts is an amazing idea for the Amazon marketplace. The primary (first account) I was using recently received a 90 day ban. I was netting nearly $4,000 per month running this single account selling software. If I were utilizing 2-3 stealth accounts at one time, I could make an income of anywhere from $12,000-$20,000 per month if eBay were an option as well.
You should open more stealth accounts and employ people to run them :D

Last edited by ShadyOne; 04-27-2011 at 06:09 PM.
Old 04-27-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Keep the posts sensible,ta.

Dont rock the boat
Old 04-27-2011

Send a message via Yahoo to WasTopRatedThenBanned

Quote:
Originally Posted by BestBuyz View Post
I am sorry but i seen a post where you stated your banks where negative?