Ebay's Transaction Count - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 05-23-2011
Subscribed [VIP]

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 76%
Default Ebay's Transaction Count

I have been using my ebay account very well for the past 6 months and have had very few problems. I am selling legitimate items and have not had any issues with VERO or ebay. From my perspective, the most easiest way for my account to be shut down is by obtaining low DSR's. Obviously, low DSR's are calculated by the percentage of low DSR's compared to the total number of transactions. I think it is ultimately important to increase the number of transactions so that this percentage is as minimal as possible.

Here are my questions. Say I have 100 $.99 items that I am selling at a fixed price in one sale. If a buyer buys all 100 items, is this considered one transaction or 100 transactions? I do have an item that does sell very well for $.99 and am trying to get as many transactions as possible.

If the buyer asks to either cancel a transaction or I report them for non-payment, is that transaction eliminated and does that take away from my transaction count? I've talked to two ebay reps, and they didn't seem to be clear on the rules either.

This may not be the correct forum to ask these questions but in my opinion, increasing your transaction number is the best way to keep your 1's and 2's on your DSR as a low percentage and increasing your sales.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 05-23-2011

While I appreciate that it's different for everyone - I've never had a 1 or 2 in my ratings across all my accounts - in fact I've never had less than 4.5 - that's over 1,000 transactions. I think the whole DSR thing - while carp - is about making sellers more professional - is that a bad aim?
Old 05-23-2011
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  

My cumulative DSR's are all about 4.95 but its those few pesky 1's and 2's that bother me. That's why I am seeking some clarity about this transaction count. I imagine if anyone had 1's or 2's average on any of the DSR's, they would be suspended.
Old 05-23-2011

Longevity: 92%

does anyone know if the monthly selling limits are from the beginning of the month to the end of the month or when you sign up? like do the reset for everyone at the same time?
Old 05-23-2011
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  

All monthly selling limits reset on the 1st of every month.
Old 05-23-2011

Longevity: 75%

I hate the dsr's

I feel the need to get to the post office immediately even on saturdays & don't make a penny on postage and ofen post first class when i have specified 2nd class - sometime i make a small loss.

I am considering not offering international postage on new accounts - until my sales numbers are greater - shame though, I had lots of sales from abroad, but i just don't think its worth the risk of low dsr's when shipping abroad.

I don't know if eb would take that number away from the transaction count - i think mine stayed on - but if they suspect you are manipulating feedback - which you are, they will probably do just that and possibly find a way of punishing you further.

Its a good theory but i think maybe one buyer buying 100 of your items in one transaction - that leaves feedback and also requests a refund on all the items - well - i dont know, i think its a bit risky.

Old 05-23-2011
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  

I am not trying to manipulate feedback. I am trying to understand if a buyer does not pay for a $.99 item, which equates to $.11 in ebay fees, if it is worthwhile to report him/her and perhaps lose the transaction, or stay quiet and let the transaction count.
Old 05-23-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinnamon View Post
Here are my questions. Say I have 100 $.99 items that I am selling at a fixed price in one sale. If a buyer buys all 100 items, is this considered one transaction or 100 transactions?

If the buyer asks to either cancel a transaction or I report them for non-payment, is that transaction eliminated and does that take away from my transaction count?
i understand you may not be intentionally manipulating feedback - but you have already made eb aware of what may happen.

Did you ask them that question "if a buyer buys 100 of my .99 items and in the event they want to be refunded or cancel the transaction and then leave me positive feedback for these items - will these still count?"

or did you ask without mentioning them leaving you positive feedback? I don't think you would benefit otherwise if they didnt.

Which is probably suspicious in their eyes - after all, it doesnt take much to upset them.
Old 05-23-2011

I had a great account, pre stealth, with great DSR's. Then for some strange reason I sold quite a few items to US customers from mid december to mid january - some of the customers were really unreasonable, demanding where their item was because they ordered it on 21st Dec for a Christmas present!

Anyway, thinks that a sack of mail must have gone missing - I sent replacement items which all took around 10 days to arrive in US but the outcome was really low DSR's and lots of grief and claims. The upshot was that e-bay stopped me from selling on that account for 30 days and this must have put me on the radar because now I am on here, becoming an expert at stealth lol

I think there must be some method in your madness though because I was 'put-down' for 3 neg fb but I have seen other sellers who sell thousands of items with 30 or 40 negs per month who still sell on ebay.