Anyone here dropship? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 03-06-2008

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 98%
Default Anyone here dropship?

I am curious.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 03-06-2008

Longevity: 96%

I do.......
Old 03-06-2008
Threadstarter  

How is it?
Old 03-06-2008

Longevity: 96%

Very easy

1. List suppliers pic
2. Collect cash
3. Send $$$ to supplier to ship item
4. Keep your profit

The only problem is it can take 1-2 weeks for customer to get their items if your dropshipping from China. It takes 3-4 days to get $$ out of the merch account or paypal then you have to send out the suppliers cut. It takes a few days to get the tracking # to show up online. As you know those customers want tracking info 3 seconds after the auction is over. The shipping time for me is always the biggest problem, that and you can't inspect what is being sent out....

The best thing to do at first is once the auction is over pay the supplier out of your pocket untill you get the customers money rolling in. Either that or give them some line about how you ship out of a warehouse and it can take a little longer than normal to ship.

As far as suppliers go,I don't even bother with US dropshippers, their prices are to high and on top of that they charge dropshipping fees. Doba, MegaGoods..ect all that stuff is basically at market price. If you google most of the things they have it's on another website for less than their "wholesale" price.
It's possble to get paid but you will have to find the right items and nickel and dime your way to good money.

The way I have it now, my supplier accepts paypal so i just send them their cut as soon as payment is made.
Old 03-06-2008

Longevity: 94%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mijusdek View Post
Very easy

1. List suppliers pic
2. Collect cash
3. Send $$$ to supplier to ship item
4. Keep your profit

The only problem is it can take 1-2 weeks for customer to get their items if your dropshipping from China. It takes 3-4 days to get $$ out of the merch account or paypal then you have to send out the suppliers cut. It takes a few days to get the tracking # to show up online. As you know those customers want tracking info 3 seconds after the auction is over. The shipping time for me is always the biggest problem, that and you can't inspect what is being sent out....

The best thing to do at first is once the auction is over pay the supplier out of your pocket untill you get the customers money rolling in. Either that or give them some line about how you ship out of a warehouse and it can take a little longer than normal to ship.

As far as suppliers go,I don't even bother with US dropshippers, their prices are to high and on top of that they charge dropshipping fees. Doba, MegaGoods..ect all that stuff is basically at market price. If you google most of the things they have it's on another website for less than their "wholesale" price.
It's possble to get paid but you will have to find the right items and nickel and dime your way to good money.

The way I have it now, my supplier accepts paypal so i just send them their cut as soon as payment is made.
does the first letter of your dropshipper start with a c?
Old 03-06-2008

Longevity: 95%

Quote:
Originally Posted by k1ley4evr View Post
does the first letter of your dropshipper start with a c?
Errm!! Hazard a Guess.. China.. lol... i'm quite confident that an answer to who thier dropshipper is.. well.. not coming......

Would you announce your supplier to the world?>
Old 03-06-2008
Administrator

Thanked 4,228 Times in 1,792 Posts
Activity: 4%
Longevity: 100%

If I had the time I would dropship like mad. I have tons of connects with my fellow Chinese suppliers. And they all want to do business with me, but I just don't have the time anymore. Plus affiliate marketing makes more money with less effort.
Old 03-06-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by scouse12345 View Post
Errm!! Hazard a Guess.. China.. lol... i'm quite confident that an answer to who thier dropshipper is.. well.. not coming......

Would you announce your supplier to the world?>
if only you didnt exist in the world, then i would
Old 03-06-2008

HI:
I dont dropship, as I have heard over the years, ebays not crazy about it,
But, I have recd many offers over the years, not from china (that i know of)-but, from USA companies, they make it sound simple, and offer an entire website, set up and turn key.... ??
__ I BOUGHT a Jewelry website 2 yrs ago, looked at it, it was beautiful, it was called Breathtakingjewels (dot) com... Boy, i thought i got a steal!
---I could never even add 1 item, I could see the goods, people were buying stuff, i never figured out- who got the money? I didnt, as ther was no where to put my pyt info?
--anyhow, after 3 months, of keep paying hosting fees of $39/month, and I couldnt even change the email of the new owner, I just let it go,
** I am sure, someone else, prob could have made it work, but i tried for 3-5 weeks, there were like 4-5 passwords for this site, for diff areas..
>>> To make a long story short-- U guys with web knowledge, theres sites out there-FULLY stocked, and they are less than $300-- but watch the monthly fees, Since joining this site-- I now know about go-daddy etc,,
Old 03-06-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by k1ley4evr View Post
if only you didnt exist in the world, then i would

Aww!! Play nice now....
Old 03-06-2008

drop shipping straight from china seems dangerous. what if customs takes the package, and also people get package straigth from china theyll think its worse quality
Old 03-06-2008

Longevity: 93%

Yea I dont think its worth it in my opinion for ebay atleast as a matter of fact I have had many buyers ask questions on items I have sold, saying things like Is it real? the last guy I bought from is trying to send from china so im canceling payment, bla bla bla So i capatilize off of people dropshipping on ebay by telling them no sir/mam all items are kept in hand and tag photos to prove it in my auctions. Truth is unless they dont know whats going on people dont like receiving goods from out of country if they did not know thats what they were doing ahead of time they think their getting scamed so I save dropshipping for websites. I have one special edition jordan and nikes website I run and I think you all know how easy those are to aquire chinese connects on so rather than stocking 50-60 different pairs in 5 sizes I just dropship because Theres nobody to complain to except me, unlike ebay and paypal who will shut you down faster than you will believe if you get a few people complaining about you dropshipping or you cant provide a tracking number within a day of the payment.
Old 03-06-2008
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 23%

I dropship, but from US companies, and it is ok, but the profit is not like it is from China. I am also not selling VERO items. For me it is easier than finding space, shipping, etc, and I don't lay out any money except ebay fees until I sell an item.
Old 03-06-2008

I would dropship, but you never see the product before hand, which may leave your customers unhappy. Coming from China, the possibility of it being faulty or damaged is much higher than dropshipping from anywhere else.

I find it just as easy to buy the goods myself, check them all over, and ship them on. Only costs me an extra pound per item to post in the UK.
Old 03-06-2008
Threadstarter  

I've heard a lot of warnings about dropshippers from foreign countries.
Old 03-06-2008

I dropship all the time. I can make a profit off the item and save on shipping.
Old 03-07-2008
Threadstarter  

What's the return policy like for the China dropshippers shipping to the USA? I imagine the customers would have to ship it back to China and it would cost quite a bit to ship and to track. Or worse they send to you instead and you have to ship it back to China?
Old 03-07-2008

Or, even worse, it takes AGES to ship back, and receive a replacement....
Old 03-14-2008
Threadstarter  

After begging Mijusdek in PM to tell me a good China dropshipper he's refused. Anyone have recommendations. I don't want to have to learn it the hard way.
Old 03-14-2008

i exclusively dropship, but within the UK. China is difficult for UK, but possible, because the customer ends up getting an unexpected customs handling surchage of about £30.00 on certain items, which makes them mad. The only good thing to dropship from china is really small things (like mp3 players or smaller), because they tend to pass through customs untouched (but even thats not gauranteed).

Jonas, there's a couple of sites out there, that list dropshippers, I use esources.co.uk (they have international, and a huge amount of chinese and usa not just UK), but frankly they're not amazing - for instance I went for a yearly membership which is £30, a lifetime membership is £80, so I thought id try it for year. So then a new screen came up and said "If you want, as a special offer we'll give you a lifetime membership for only £50.00". So I thought, ok thats acceptable. Then they charged me £30 for the annual + £50 for the "special offer" lifetime which came to £80.00. Meaning it wasn't a special offer at all. There's one or two free ones, can't remember them because its mostly warehouses and the dropshippers are buried in there somewhere

I've communicated with chinese manufacturers before, but I've had concerns other than the customs charge, one is when they say they "dropship" to me, I'm not sure whether they mean dropshipping in the same sense we mean it, because contextually sometimes it sounds like they mean theyll "dropship" a big load of items right to your door, instead of a single item to your customers door. Secondly, I don't feel right dealing with some because when they say things like "Site visits are not allowed", or even "Site visits are welcomed but must be arranged 6 months in advance", it makes me extremely suspicious of the working conditions, or if not that just generally suspicious.

Ok, I'm all talked out.
Old 03-28-2008

First posting. I do dropship and just started about 2-3 months ago. (US Company) So far so good until 2 accounts I have been using both just got suspended, which has lead me to this site. I make some good money so it is hard not having this as my second job. Need to start reading up on how to build a new account.
Old 03-28-2008

i used to dropship from china, a few items just for extra cash at xmas but id say its not really worth the hassle, as it takes about a week or sometimes longer to arrive you have nothing but emails asking where it is, and if they ask for tracking no. then you have them asking y its coming from china and not the uk, ive had loads and loads delivered from china and not once had a problem with customs.
if they want a refund or exchange its not really worth getting it sent back to china the cost of postage is sometimes higher than the item itself so its cheaper to give a refund and resell the item.