Help! eBay madness! - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 05-30-2011

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 74%
Unhappy Help! eBay madness!

Hey everyone, I'm new to eBay and completely new to this forum. eBay has so far, been driving me nuts, and I don't get irritated easily.

First is the 10 item limit. Here, I give that the middle finger. If you're offended, I apologize for the finger.

Second, in order to increase my limit, there was an option to call eBay itself in hopes that I can at least increase to 50. And when I did call, the person on the other hand said he would fix it within a day. After three days, that never happened. I called again, the representative transfers me to another person, and this person now wants me to fax everything from where I get my supplies to my credit card statement, government issued ID, and two to three invoices of my product purchases? All of that, to what, increase my limit from 10 to 50 or 100? No offense, but what are they, nuts? If I wanted a government(eBay) to interfere with my business, there wouldn't be a need for a real government, thank you. And besides, I think the only thing eBay needs is a paypal verification, I mean, what am I paying paypal for, the merchant account? Hell no, I have my bank for that, I don't need a second middle man, thank you very much. No, I use paypal so the buyer can feel secured about buying from me, that I can't rip them off because paypal has my VERIFIED credit card listed, and which in turned can be linked to my bank, which is furthered linked to my address, ID, and me! Why, you ask, I have a problem with this!? Easy, they're a corporation, not government! Sharing such information should be illegal! Not to mention, I have to fax this? Seriously, fax?! Oh yeah, sure why don't I have my fax intercepted by some eBay employee who wants to steal my identity, whoopie! Yep, sure, you can have my phone number, ring my phone once every 5 minutes, I don't need to sleep, yep, I'm an elf from some fantasy story who has immunity to sleep. Yep, I'm sure that's it. What, you want to know everything about me? Sure, I'll share my urinating habits, the food I eat, heck, while we're doing that, why not install a nano-sized camera in my bathroom? What was that, oh sure, you can charge me exorbitant fee for every single item I sell, why not, it isn't like I have any use for that money. Go ahead and buy that new yacht and trophy wife.

Third, what is with the shipping services/prices? Why are we limited to only UPS? The prices they charged when I used "varies by buyer location" is ridiculous. I sell shirts, and I cannot sell them for like 20 bucks. I mean, who wants to buy a shirt for 20 bucks when they can buy it in WalMart for 5? And I can't put in a fixed price either, if I did, then it wouldn't be fair to the buyers because I'll probably calculated the cost from NYC to California instead of NYC to say, Kansas or Wisconsin. If I calculate the cost to the item itself and call free shipping, then the problem is that it would be cheaper to buy from WalMart.

Fourth, the incredibly unreliable item listing. If I want to sell a shirt and have various sizes for them, it is still listed as another item when in fact, I am just giving the buyer an option to purchase a shirt that ACTUALLY fits them. I sell a shirt, and they say I have what, S, M, L, XL, XXL - 5 items listed? The user interface, and usability of eBay for sellers is like trying to win the lottery. No, I might even have better luck with the lottery in making a profit, at least then, I'll know the hefty lottery fee I have to pay will be slightly reimbursed when I retire.

Ahhhh! This is annoying. Why don't they give an option to charge insurance instead of pressing it against the seller's noggin. All the buyer just have to do is filter out sellers who offer insurance and those who don't. I mean, I can understand their rough against crime and counterfeiting, but they're not the government, and not at everyone's expense. That's kinda like what the US government is actually doing, it's like the boy who cried terrorism and made it legal to eavesdrop and detain people for indefinite amount of time, heck, even kill them. Yes, it is perfectly legal to kill anyone who rebels against the government if you haven't already known.

I'm sick and tired of complaining, can someone either help me with this predicament or recommend me another highly-populated place to sell clothing besides Amazon who apparently isn't taking anymore new clothing sellers.

P.S. I'm a newb, so if any of these issues had been addressed, I apologize.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 05-30-2011

Longevity: 75%

We share your frustration but sadly there are no easy answers. You need to get more accounts open - in effect Ebay are encouraging you to cheat their system.

I guess that's why you found your way here.

Best advise I can give you is get hold of a copy of the stealth guide, absorb what it says and plan your strategy from there.

Tearing yourself in pieces trying to solve the current situation isn't going to help you I'm afraid.

Anyway - welcome to the forums and I hope you find what you are looking for
Old 05-30-2011
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 76%

Hi - WOW that is one big amount of text

Im not going to attempt to read it but I can guess your story is similar to thousands of other people.

GT is right the stealth guide and reading round the forums can get you back to selling with ebay/paypal.

O and welcome to the forums! :D
Old 05-30-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,933 Times in 8,224 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Imake$ - you and I...think alike ha - that's way too much non-sparsed out text.

Welcome to the forums - looking forward to your other contributions - feel free to read around and ask questions.

All the best.
Old 05-30-2011

Longevity: 75%
Send a message via MSN to ShadyOne

Haha, I always give eBay the middle finger as well

Welcome Erudition, forget the past and move onto learning stealth.

Good luck man
Old 05-30-2011
Threadstarter  

I'm still kinda new so excuse my skepticism when it comes to entering my card number online, is there any stores that I can purchase the stealth from?
Old 05-31-2011
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 76%

Are you refering to buying the stealth guide?

If so then no you can only purchase it here directly in the forums. If you use a payment processor such as paypal then you wont have to give your card details out will you. I believe there are also other payment methods. Best thing to do is PM Aspkin directly if your worried about this issue.

Im presuming you give them to paypal otherwise you wouldnt be wanting the stealth guide would you
Old 05-31-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,933 Times in 8,224 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

TrialPay works for getting the Stealth Guide - use a gift card.
Old 05-31-2011
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 81%

I feel your pain....Really been there....

After stealth the feelings you have now will subside a bit when you know there are other options....

You are prime candidate for stealth...

Good luck and welcome!
Old 05-31-2011

Longevity: 78%
Default Same feelings

Welcome, to eBay you will be screwd by them so you screw them by selling ⊗⊗⊗⊗ items.

1) As to limits, yes it's ebay's finger to new sellers that they like to stick it up ur ***.

2) Sadly, requesting higher limits is pure round-around work so I suggest u to make multiple stealth accounts. If you know how to photoshop, it would be a good idea if you want to fax information in but stealth accounts are ur best bet.

3) I've used USPS in ebay so I have no idea what you're talking about.

4) On the Buy-It-Now option when switched to "More Choices" Tab they have a choice for variant sizes. Or use AUCTIVA to help list your items.

5) In eBay world, it is run by a bunch of fascists so they will likely screw u from time to time.

6) There is always craigslist, ebid, ioffer, etc.
Old 05-31-2011
Subscribed [VIP]

Send a message via Yahoo to happycustomer

I cant believe how bad the ebay customer service line is... esp if you get India or Manilla. They rarely can answer any questions themselves without "asking for help" or putting you on hold aka polite hangup for like 15 minutes. No surprise they asked for all that documentation because they love to make everything they can harder for the sellers.