eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   eBay Discussion! (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/)
-   -   Selling high end electronics - EBAY views this as High Risk Activity (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/3208-selling-high-end-electronics-ebay-views-high-risk-activity.html)

someperson 03-06-2008 03:26 PM

Selling high end electronics - EBAY views this as High Risk Activity

Hi, on my old eBay account, I used to sell wii consoles and make a KILLING ($200 pure profit after fees and everything - right before the holidays). But then eBay suspended my account and I guess b/c of what I was selling I got my PP limited and after appeal and everything I got the "Too risky of transactions blah blah blah". Now, I wholesale consoles now, but the profit is not the same. I just sold a wii under my new account (7 feedback now, only $130 profit). Do you think I should start selling them like I was before (I'll stil wholesale though)? Like 3 consoles a week? Or just let my account sit longer? I would really like to get back to this b/c as a college student, my time is limited and I made a killing. I paid off my dorm housing cost ($3000) in 2 months.

GreenBean 03-06-2008 04:37 PM

Try Not to Rush

;) As tempting as it may be to start going the old way, DO NOT. You will lose
the account again. In a lot of posts the recommendation by EXPERTS is to go
slow. You start getting the bucks coming into your accounts and going thro' ppal
the account will come under scrutiny.
Read the the threads again to understand this,please. :)

someperson 03-06-2008 07:53 PM

From your experience, whats a good feedback/account age ratio before I start?

ivegotinfo 03-07-2008 09:12 AM

ok here is what you do to stay safe and even increase the amount of sales.

make like 5-10 accounts
sell 1 wii per 7-10 days on each account.

on each account this will not raise any red flags, but to your bank account, ++$

one thing is that this might be time consuming. if you cant create that many accounts, at least make 2-3 to spread out the sales

GreenBean 03-07-2008 03:41 PM

ivegotinfo, great advice.

TMiles 03-16-2008 06:01 PM

Ivegotinfo,

I like your answer...but need a little clarification...

Are you saying, within each of the different accounts, only sell one item per week. In other words, open 7 new accounts, sell one item per week per account.

At what point can you go full tilt......

I too sell consumer electronics and need to know how to get up to full speed.

Thanks,

Todd

importracer150 03-16-2008 09:42 PM

U gotta wait atleast 30-60 days before u can go full speed and build some feedback on each account. U gotta act like a new user your first couple weeks, u dont wana alert any ebay alarms. Any ebay
account under 30 days is under close supervision by ebays fraud system.

GreenBean 03-16-2008 10:15 PM

xxxxracer, I agree. since it's electronics I would try to wait for at least 60 days
even with several accounts.

Rosanna 03-16-2008 10:21 PM

Also mix up your listings, don't just list the risky stuff, list some bs stuff even if it doesn't sell to mix up the ratio.

TMiles 03-17-2008 07:15 AM

Great advice everyone......I appreciate learning from you guys......

ebayhateluv 03-17-2008 09:03 AM

Also:
what works for (ME)----
I use the ratio-- list 1/2 to your fb ratio...
i.e. if 10 fb, only list 5 items, if 30 fb, u can have 15 items..
Again, may not mean nothing,,but works for me,, staying SAFE... :)

steve 03-17-2008 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ebayhateluv (Post 31794)
Also:
what works for (ME)----
I use the ratio-- list 1/2 to your fb ratio...
i.e. if 10 fb, only list 5 items, if 30 fb, u can have 15 items..
Again, may not mean nothing,,but works for me,, staying SAFE... :)

i had no problem so far with listing a similar amount of items as you're having feedback points... but it certainly depends on the type of products as well.

imjustme 03-18-2008 07:09 AM

Yeah, spread it out. I used to sell 5-10 items per day on an account and it really gets you worried about the funds in your PayPal account. Now I sell one per day, but on 15 accounts (as of today), nothing to worry about.

ivegotinfo 03-18-2008 02:37 PM

^ perfect method

lbarllcodel 03-30-2009 02:14 PM

I dunno bout this!

So I understand how to make the accounts blah blah blah however, How do you actually use the money from buyers? Do you just take it from that one PayPal account and transfer it to the main one? Because there is no way to use the same bank account for multiple paypal accounts. Nor is there any way to use the same PayPal account for more than one ebay account OR is there?

This would mean if you had 10 eBAy accounts you would need 10 PayPal accounts and Then further, YOU WOULD NEED 10 BANK ACCOUNTS>>??

HOW THE HELL DO YOU MANAGE 10 BANK ACCOUNTS! AND WHICH GOES TO WHICH. Most single accountants do not do such a cross platform of 30 separate account!

Trust me I need something like this but how do you guys make it work? Every time I sell a phone I have to wait 21 DAYS to get my funds and its BS!!!

philly387 03-30-2009 02:29 PM

Yes you do use 10 bank accounts. I would suggest 5 Chase accounts and 5 Bank of America accounts. Open maybe 1 a week from each bank. Use Microsoft Excel to keep everything separate. It works great.

lakeman 03-30-2009 02:29 PM

This has all been talked about already, but I'll answer your questions.

You can have 1 Paypal for all of your Ebay accounts but it's a bad idea. If one account gets suspended they all do. Yes you must also have a separate bank account for each Paypal account.

The 21 day hold is another thing, do some searching on that. :D

Philly beat me to it. I must also add, like Philly said, Excel is very helpful!

JohnnyBoy 03-30-2009 07:51 PM

You can shave that 21 days down to about a week if you ship the goods out fast and upload tracking. Average of 3 to 5 days for good to arrive and then they release the funds 3 days after tracking number says delivered. Or it gets released if you receive positive feedback.

Here We Go Again 03-30-2009 09:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lbarllcodel (Post 80932)
So I understand how to make the accounts blah blah blah however, How do you actually use the money from buyers? Do you just take it from that one PayPal account and transfer it to the main one? Because there is no way to use the same bank account for multiple paypal accounts. Nor is there any way to use the same PayPal account for more than one ebay account OR is there?

This would mean if you had 10 eBAy accounts you would need 10 PayPal accounts and Then further, YOU WOULD NEED 10 BANK ACCOUNTS>>??

HOW THE HELL DO YOU MANAGE 10 BANK ACCOUNTS! AND WHICH GOES TO WHICH. Most single accountants do not do such a cross platform of 30 separate account!

Trust me I need something like this but how do you guys make it work? Every time I sell a phone I have to wait 21 DAYS to get my funds and its BS!!!

After reading your post I can tell that you have done absolutely ZERO reading of this forum.
Everything you stated in your post is basic knowledge here.
These topics are everywhere.

Take 3 hours.... really read the forum.
Buy the Stealth Guide.
You will be amazed with the information you can gather in 1 afternoon, if you really tried.

Almost no one here will just hand you ALL the answers to ALL you questions.
This forum is very well supported by many VERY smart people.
Just read the information that is already posted.
Personally I spent 2-3 week reading the forum when I first found it before I ever posted my first question.

lbarllcodel 03-31-2009 12:12 AM

Problem with the 21 day hold is I am trying to use a drop shipping service and after so many sells I run out of money to place more orders and then I am broke again for another week! It is ridiculous. I have heard about refunding the money and then requesting as service or goods but I am unsure about doing that.

Here We Go Again 03-31-2009 06:53 AM

Now I have discovered where you are having your problems:
Quote:

Originally Posted by lbarllcodel (Post 80995)
I am trying to use a drop shipping service

You will not do good if you continue with this practice.....
Trust me on this one.

gibsonton 03-31-2009 09:13 AM

With ebays new selling rules drop shipping is tough my buddy was doing it with Home security items and the company had a issue for 2 weeks he ended up losing a 8 year old account with over 4,000 fb as the next thing he knew he numerous negs and paypal complaints his DSRS hit the 2-3.00 range ..The company had a problem during the hurricane in Texas and are now back up and running but his account is not.