eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   eBay Discussion! (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/)
-   -   Buyer Raises Dispute but fails to respond thereafter... (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/32822-buyer-raises-dispute-but-fails-respond-thereafter.html)

Hieroglyph 06-18-2011 06:12 AM

Buyer Raises Dispute but fails to respond thereafter...

I am sure this is covered but couldn't get the required criteria to fit in search engine!

I have sold an item and tested prior to despatch. Buyer says won't work and 'not as described' dispute raised - Paypal takes money. I say to buyer to ensure he follows the already included instructions and if he wants to return item it will be replaced.

I have registered this reply twice with ebay and via Paypal dispute action and he fails to reply...?? What can I do?

Thanks

Alps_a somewhatlegend 06-18-2011 06:51 AM

Hi. I think paypal will require the buyer to send the item back via a tracking number. Once confirmed then they get their money. If not confirmed either by yourself or the buyer via tracking, then the case closes in your favor.

So even if he does not reply to your messages, he will have to reply to paypal in order too get his money or you win case.

KingRay 06-18-2011 05:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alps_a somewhatlegend (Post 240706)
Hi. I think paypal will require the buyer to send the item back via a tracking number. Once confirmed then they get their money. If not confirmed either by yourself or the buyer via tracking, then the case closes in your favor.

So even if he does not reply to your messages, he will have to reply to paypal in order too get his money or you win case.

Yep, If he dont reply then you are the winner. I wouldnt bug him at all. if he forgets or doestn want to then fine. Either way you kinda come out on this one

GrannyT 06-19-2011 03:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KingRay (Post 240837)
Yep, If he dont reply then you are the winner. I wouldnt bug him at all. if he forgets or doestn want to then fine. Either way you kinda come out on this one

Except for the neg that's probably coming your way. Personally I would keep the customer satisfied and protect my account.:pop2:

Melissa1971 06-19-2011 11:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hieroglyph (Post 240698)
I am sure this is covered but couldn't get the required criteria to fit in search engine!

I have sold an item and tested prior to despatch. Buyer says won't work and 'not as described' dispute raised - Paypal takes money. I say to buyer to ensure he follows the already included instructions and if he wants to return item it will be replaced.

I have registered this reply twice with ebay and via Paypal dispute action and he fails to reply...?? What can I do?

Thanks

You mean he escalated it to a case before working it out with you first?
I'd block him immediately so he can't buy again then ignore him for 7 to 10 days at least. He's got about that long to respond. If you need to reply to neg feedback, hopefully you can just say you responded to your buyers concerns immediately and and even a second time. He seemed to fall off the face of the earth