eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   eBay Discussion! (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/)
-   -   voip or prepaid (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/33264-voip-prepaid.html)

jjjia 06-27-2011 08:54 PM

voip or prepaid

Hi I am still new currently have been using prepaid number for 4 of my stealths. but I am getting tired of keeping the prepaid active and I am opening new accounts which means more prepaid. thinking of switching to VOIP but I have no idea how it works, can anyone help? thanks

cazador 06-27-2011 09:42 PM

i am using google,it sucks bad but is free,is other sources of VOIP but their charges between $7.00-12.99 those who charges must be better than google,but all is except to you,now what i dunno is how many numbers the VOIP where you pay $$ give to subscribers.if give more than one it worth then.

jjjia 06-27-2011 11:04 PM

exactly how do you do with the voip? how do you get a number to be registered on eb and pp? and what do you mean by google sucks (relative to other voip)?

cazador 06-28-2011 08:03 AM

the voip is a service where you choose a phone number (diff than yours) and every time a person call that number,your house or cell personal phone will ring,.Thats how the voip works.so every time you register an eb account,the ebay robot will call that number.

Now i am using google but i am sure if a real person from EB call will find out right away that number is a google voice,thats BS even when you call your self,the machine say "thanks for use google voice".

also when you expecting your pin code you must act fast or the call drops when is doing it via google vioce.

jjjia 06-29-2011 02:19 AM

ebay au still is not using robot to verify new accounts and I hope they never will. my problem now is how am i going to keep all my prepaid number active, argh...i have eight currently and the number is growing if I open new account.

amberw 07-05-2011 06:45 PM

Have you thought about using amaysim? They advertise their prepaids never going inactive as long as you have money on the sim. Don't know if it is true but I thought it might be interesting. Also optus and vodafone (I think it's vodafone) have their long expiry caps. I know with the optus one your credit exires after 186 days.

mercurial333 07-05-2011 11:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cazador (Post 244280)
the voip is a service where you choose a phone number (diff than yours) and every time a person call that number,your house or cell personal phone will ring,.Thats how the voip works.so every time you register an eb account,the ebay robot will call that number.

Now i am using google but i am sure if a real person from EB call will find out right away that number is a google voice,thats BS even when you call your self,the machine say "thanks for use google voice".

also when you expecting your pin code you must act fast or the call drops when is doing it via google vioce.

So is Google Voice not reliable?

Emanresu 07-06-2011 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mercurial333 (Post 246801)

What I have been doing and I haven't had problems yet with it, is to set up a Google voice account for each set of ebay/paypal/gmail/amazon accounts. When I set up the account I have it forwarded to a prepaid cell phone account. Since Google Voice can only forward to one cell phone at a time, I switch to that account when I need it. I then only carry around my primary cell phone which gets emails from all my accounts, and one prepaid. If a call comes in and goes to voice mail then I get the email, log into Google Voice, forward the calls to the prepaid, then call them back if needed.

jjjia 07-07-2011 01:42 AM

It sounds great but it has not even come to aussie yet..c'mon google...

DSToken 07-07-2011 11:08 AM

CallFire.com

CallFire.com is the solution for many accounts.

$1/month per phone #, and you can forward each to any # you want. It has whisper also, so you can configure a text string to identify the name of the line of the incoming call before connecting.

LadyLover 07-07-2011 11:40 AM

I heared good and bad things about google voice

xdirc 07-08-2011 11:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cazador (Post 244280)

Go into your Google Voice settings. You can change it so that it does NOT screen the call. It wont ask the name, it'll get straight forwarded to your number. Only thing I hate about Google Voice is that if you have to enter in a PIN for Amazon or any other site, and theres a "4" in the PIN. You cant do it, because Google Voice starts to record the conversation instead of allowing the Tone to go through. Really stupid.. But I absolutely love Vumber in situations like this. :-)

Quote:

Originally Posted by mercurial333 (Post 246801)

I find it to be reliable, just not if you have to press the number 4. Been using Google Voice for months.