Auto 5 Star rating in Shipping Time. with a catch - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 07-15-2011

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 74%
Default Auto 5 Star rating in Shipping Time. with a catch

Hey guys and gals I dunna if its somewhere on here but I just found something SOOOOO interesting out from my father and I just had to share with you!

My dad was upset over an email he got about seller performance (actually started a thread to get some answers for him) but anyway he called them tonight. All I hear is him being his obnoxious self. And he gets off and says hummm I got some news for you that not even you know!

I laugh....yaya ok let me hear it. To get an automatic FIVE star rating in the Shipping Time field you need to print your label within 24 hours of the buyer paying for it. YAYA DADDY ALREADY KNEW THAT!!

Well did you know that the label need to be printed through EB AY for that to take affect NOT PP?

Well no dad I did not!!! LOL

I dont know if you peoples knew that but I didnt I always print my labels through paypal. My dad actually asked the rep well why dont you send out an email to your sellers letting them know this because I guarantee most of them dont. And the rep says well we cant do that it would be "anti pp" or direct business away from pp. Can you believe that ?? you print it thru pp and no instant 5 stars but do it thru eb ay and instant 5 stars!!

Sorry if I am over doing this it just totally floored me! What a messed up system eb ay has but I guess we already knew that
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to livelifewild For This Useful Post:
colt63 (07-19-2011), GrannyT (07-16-2011), InvisibleK (09-14-2011), NotAHappyBunny (07-16-2011), Pringles (07-16-2011), Ruehl (07-16-2011), Sell4more2 (07-19-2011), xdirc (07-16-2011), yellow0102 (07-15-2011)
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 07-15-2011

LOL! I will be using that then. Thanks!

Last edited by yellow0102; 07-15-2011 at 09:09 PM. Reason: bad spelling
Old 07-16-2011

Longevity: 80%

I never knew that! Thanks for the advice!
Old 07-16-2011

Longevity: 75%

Cheers
Does it work if you press print but dont print?
Old 07-16-2011

Send a message via ICQ to xdirc Send a message via AIM to xdirc Send a message via MSN to xdirc Send a message via Yahoo to xdirc

Thanks livelifewild. This is really good. Thanks for sharing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pringles View Post
Cheers
Does it work if you press print but dont print?
Hmm. With a question like that. Sounds like you are pulling scams. I dont know if there system actually knows you printed anything. But if you want to get around it, I suggest you download Foxit PDF Creator. It sets up a pdf printer, "Foxit PDF Printer". When you press print, just select that printer. It wont actually print anything out on your printer, its just turns whatever you are trying to print, into a .pdf file.
Old 07-16-2011

Longevity: 83%

Quote:
Originally Posted by livelifewild View Post
Hey guys and gals I dunna if its somewhere on here but I just found something SOOOOO interesting out from my father and I just had to share with you!

My dad was upset over an email he got about seller performance (actually started a thread to get some answers for him) but anyway he called them tonight. All I hear is him being his obnoxious self. And he gets off and says hummm I got some news for you that not even you know!

I laugh....yaya ok let me hear it. To get an automatic FIVE star rating in the Shipping Time field you need to print your label within 24 hours of the buyer paying for it. YAYA DADDY ALREADY KNEW THAT!!

Well did you know that the label need to be printed through EB AY for that to take affect NOT PP?

Well no dad I did not!!! LOL

I dont know if you peoples knew that but I didnt I always print my labels through paypal. My dad actually asked the rep well why dont you send out an email to your sellers letting them know this because I guarantee most of them dont. And the rep says well we cant do that it would be "anti pp" or direct business away from pp. Can you believe that ?? you print it thru pp and no instant 5 stars but do it thru eb ay and instant 5 stars!!

Sorry if I am over doing this it just totally floored me! What a messed up system eb ay has but I guess we already knew that

E-Bay's A-Z help might be a better source for info than dad. Here's how to get a auto 5 star for shipping time...

http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/...html#5startime

You will automatically receive a 5-star shipping time detailed seller rating if:
*You specify 1-day handling.
*You upload U.S. Postal Service, UPS, or FedEx supported tracking information by the end of the next business day* Pacific Time after the buyer's payment clears.
*Delivery Confirmation or tracking shows confirmed delivery 4 business days from when the payment clears—or—within your estimated delivery time if it's less than 4 days (for example, overnight shipping).

In some instances, there may be a delay in processing your shipping details, and buyers may be able to leave you a detailed seller rating for shipping time. If you have met the automatic 5-star shipping time requirements, your rating will be adjusted to 5 stars.

* A business day is a normal weekday. Saturdays, Sundays, and major holidays are not business days.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Road-Kill For This Useful Post:
jjjia (07-28-2011), Sell4more2 (07-16-2011)
Old 07-16-2011

Longevity: 76%
Send a message via Skype™ to Sell4more2

You do not have to print labels from eBay to get 5 start rating! lol. I print mine from

stamps.com and paypal and upload them within 24hrs. What they told your father was

bunch of crap, unless he misunderstood what they were saying. :D
Old 07-16-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sell4more2 View Post
You do not have to print labels from eBay to get 5 start rating! lol. I print mine from

stamps.com and paypal and upload them within 24hrs. What they told your father was

bunch of crap, unless he misunderstood what they were saying. :D

I am thinking about using stamps.com
Old 07-16-2011

Send a message via ICQ to xdirc Send a message via AIM to xdirc Send a message via MSN to xdirc Send a message via Yahoo to xdirc

When your dad prints the label using PayPal, does it input the tracking info in eBay?
Old 07-17-2011
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by xdirc View Post
When your dad prints the label using PayPal, does it input the tracking info in eBay?
Yes it does.

And to the others, I dont think he misunderstood. Because he asked them why they dont tell their sellers that, send out an email or something. and the rep specifically said they cant do that because it would be steering business away from pp. I have the 1 day handling time, and printed labels within 24 hrs...all through PP. And still have a huge problem with shipping time. I started doing this about 5 days ago and the account that I am doing it on already went from 4.7 to 4.9 in the shipping time. I dont think its a coincidence but who knows Ive been wrong before!
Old 07-17-2011

It sounds like you weren't entering the tracking info on the E-Bay site before?

If you printed labels with services other than PP, they wouldn't send the tracking to E-Bay and PP does.

Either that or there is a E-Bay/PP conspiracy you have uncovered. And they are just misinforming sellers about how to get a 5 star DSR, so sellers that don't use PP for payment and printing labels look inferior to the ones that do.
Old 07-17-2011
Threadstarter  

I have my pp and eb ay connected on most accounts so when you print a label through pp it automatically marks the item as shipped and uploads the tracking on eb ay. But that did not help with the star rating.

I think they are getting around it cause they arent misinforming exactly. They say print label within 24 hrs....they just dont say it HAS to be thru eb ay only.
Old 07-19-2011

Longevity: 81%

that is fu ckin bullsh it. you should get an auto five star regardless if a label is printed or not if you have free shipping selected.

that pisses me off.
Old 07-19-2011

You're getting pissed off over the wrong auto 5 star DSR. You get the auto 5 for shiping cost if the shipping is "Free" ( cost included in price), has nothing to do with shipping speed DSR.

"If the seller provided free shipping, you won't be able to rate the shipping and handling charges, since sellers who provide free shipping automatically receive a 5-star rating."
Old 07-23-2011
Threadstarter  

Has anyone else put this into practice? Have you seen results?
Old 07-25-2011

Ha ha ha. I just switched from ebay to pp to print labels... Well i gues i'm going back lol
Old 07-28-2011

There's one potential blunder with printing via eBay (which I prefer to do). You need to make sure the Paypal confirmed address is the same as the eBay address. I would say a good percentage of my buyers (maybe 5%) seem to have different addresses in both Paypal and eBay.
The Following User Says Thank You to Ruehl For This Useful Post:
rsot (07-28-2011)