eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   eBay Discussion! (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/)
-   -   I guess I need some help..... (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/3433-i-guess-i-need-some-help.html)

bestinshow37 03-14-2008 11:34 PM

I guess I need some help.....

I was a longtime powerseller for years, but ran into the problem last summer that many of you have had - having my account linked to an old account that was suspended.

I have been faithfully reading this forum for months, and have read and reread all the do's and dont's by the wonderful moderators on this website. Uunfortunately time after time run into the Abusing Ebay or the link back to my old account notification after a few days after my first listings. I have been able to sell successfully for a month here or there, but that has been it.

Here is my list of things I've done - any suggestions of things I'm missing would be appreciated.

Have changed IP once, but still got linked. Since then have been using various proxies or various personalVPN paid services. With some I get the abusing ebay mesage (which I assume means ebay can see that the IP address is a proxy), others I get linked back to my old account. With some new personal VPN services, I was able to sell for a month, but eventually got the abusing ebay or suspension link back to my old account.

Each time I setup the account again, I use a different name,address,phone number. This always coincides with the location that the proxy or personalVPN shows my location to be.

All my cookies and caches have been cleared and deleted before any new account is created.

I even go so far as to create a different user account on my Mac, and only use only that user account to log into ebay and its corresponding email account. I do use my central user account to log onto any nonebay website, but always clear cookies and cache before logging out of one user account and into another.

I do use a different giftcard each time I setup the account, but have been using the same brand of giftcard. I do log on for each one and provide a new name/address for online purchases. I have not used a merchant account for buyer payment, instead payment by check or MO.

Each time I setup I do change my email, but I do use the same email service. It is a general one, but could ebay be linking me simply because I use the same email service?

I do purchase an item first after reinstating the account, and wait at least a day before listing any items. I list no more than 5 items at first.

My items are the same, but have changed the description text and title text, and have used new pictures that have never been posted before.

I do copy and paste text from various other sellers or non-ebay websites. Is this truly a problem? I've seen contradicting remarks regarding copying and pasting text into your ebay description fields.

I don't list items through ebay, but instead do use Auctiva each time and use the 3 or 5 day listing.

My shipping charges have been changed, as well as the item pricing.

My screenname and password have been different each time, with no similarities between them. With the exception that all my screennames are a word with several numbers at the end: in the format of summer55 or toybox2969. Could that be a problem?????

What in the world am I missing that continues my frustrating cycle of getting suspended???? Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!!!!

Rosanna 03-14-2008 11:38 PM

perhaps the proxy, try dialup instead.

aspkin 03-14-2008 11:39 PM

The only problem I see is using the proxy service. Proxies don't work.

You'll need to find a way to change your ip address, or use someone else's computer for eBay. If anything use dialup or AOL proxy, it's the only one that seems to work.

Good luck and welcome,

bestinshow37 03-14-2008 11:45 PM

I have used one other different computer at the library, but still got linked back to my old suspended account.

I have used AOL on my computer, but it still shows my current IP address when i go to What Is My IP Address? - Lookup IP, Hide IP, Change IP, Trace IP and more.... I setup a new ebay account through AOL, and of course it was suspended.

How do I get AOL to mask my IP? Currently have DSL through comcast and do not have a LAN line at this location.

bestinshow37 03-14-2008 11:48 PM

When I mean using AOL - I am using the AOL Desktop for Mac application.

GreenBean 03-15-2008 12:33 AM

xxxshow37, Welcome to the forum. A few extra points.
Apart from the proxy, it is not wise to use a variation of an email address.
eg, first email address.... johndoe@gmail.com
2nd.email address johndoe4@gmail.com
Whatever system ebay has to seek out info, this closeness of names is enough for a link. Think like you have just joined Witness Protection. All info must be completely new. Try not to list in the first 7 days. A lot of users allow the accounts to grow for a least 30 days. 3 day listings can raise flags.
Another user had mac problems with new accounts. I will search some posts for you.

bestinshow37 03-15-2008 12:37 AM

okay thanks.... still don't know how to setup AOL on a Macintosh to hide my IP address though. Any help would be appreciated.

GreenBean 03-15-2008 12:46 AM

This Thread

:) xxxxshow37, there is a specific thread called 'change your IP address'. This
is a rather long thread but it has info about mac systems. I recommend that you
pay real attention to posts from Modee. I am sure you will get answers there.

bestinshow37 03-15-2008 07:19 AM

Additionally, I know that proxies have been given negative reviews on here, but has anyone had good success with personalVPN? In theory, one would think yes, because you're given a specific IP that no one else uses. Yet, my experience has been so far that eventually my account gets linked.

bestinshow37 03-28-2008 03:01 PM

There does seem to be a pattern when my account gets linked to my old account.

After I setup the account, I wait a few days before listing. I list 2 items using the 7 day length. They do sell, and after that have been listing about 25 items of mixed 5 or 7 day length. 2 days later my account is linked to my old one.

My theory is that I either need to use completely different looking pictures, or list items in a different category. Although the pictures are the same, the file names are changed. These are the only things that I haven't changed. What do you think?