eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   eBay Discussion! (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/)
-   -   100/5000 (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/34748-100-5000-a.html)

HurricaneHuntr 08-02-2011 11:48 AM

100/5000

Just made a new seller account.

#winning

rsot 08-02-2011 11:55 AM

Congratulations.

On a flipnote, I think I am going to lose a TRS of mine ha - oh well.

nerdydood 08-02-2011 06:26 PM

what's the secret?

Sell4more2 08-02-2011 06:50 PM

no secret out of 10 created I got 3 I can sell unlimited. It's the luck of the draw. :)

Keep making accts!

p.s. there is just a little secret and that's how you set up your account before making into

seller. But that's all explained on the forum if you have the ebook :)

HurricaneHuntr 08-03-2011 08:27 AM

I don't necessarily think it's anything special, i think it's just lucky... if their checks and balances match up with your false info, it creates it higher. Just lucky... lol

vigilantex69 08-03-2011 09:52 AM

FML....Its just annoying because I am not some big time player, and having to go through creating all these new accounts for the luck of the draw is ridiculous

vigilantex69 08-03-2011 09:53 AM

Also, is there any way to tell if your account has selling limits BEFORE starting to sell??? Like I always wait at least 2 to 3 weeks before listing an item, and I don't want to have to keep creating a new account, waiting 3 weeks, listing an item, finding out the account has limits, then starting over again....

sergfro 08-03-2011 09:55 AM

probably a dumb question....but where do you go to find out what your limits are? I checked under my seller dashboard and all that I saw is that I have made 6 transactions totally $207

HurricaneHuntr 08-03-2011 10:22 AM

If you plan on selling more than 10 item or 500$ on a new account in the first month, you're doing it wrong anyway

Vetragor 11-14-2012 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sell4more2 (Post 255230)
no secret out of 10 created I got 3 I can sell unlimited. It's the luck of the draw. :)

Keep making accts!

p.s. there is just a little secret and that's how you set up your account before making into

do you have a link to that ?

rsot 11-14-2012 01:58 PM

Old post but prob best to pm the poster of the message - maybe certain info is not good out in the open....

jamcocktail21 11-14-2012 09:53 PM

all accounts i made this month are 10/1000 i am wondering everybody gets 10/1000 or 10/500?

TurtleCove 11-14-2012 10:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Moscutter (Post 255407)
If you plan on selling more than 10 item or 500$ on a new account in the first month, you're doing it wrong anyway

That doesn't make much sense.
Think about legit sellers.
Many legitmate sellers create new accounts to dump crap around their house, and easily desire to post more than 10 items a month.

Christopher 11-14-2012 10:56 PM

:argue:damn bro http://www.sptimes.com/News/031400/photos/flo-dig.jpg

:laugh::pound::rolleyes::heh:

TurtleCove 11-15-2012 01:58 AM

That's a great reply...lol.
"diggin' your own grave".

In any event, everyone keeps saying it's "random" whether or not you get a new unlimited account. I don't think so. Here's why....

I'm a computer programmer. I get requests similar to this, all the time. Some big wig comes to me and says "Hey sporto, we wanna mx it up a bit, when these new people make new accounts. Sometimes we want to give them 10/1000, sometimes 50/5000, sometimes let's let some hit the jackpot, and give them no limits. Randomize that crap for us, Sporto".

We programmers aren't real keen on randomizing things. First of all, pc's suck at picking random numbers. You need to feed it a "seed" number, to get a random number, and that seed needs to be random, yada, yada, yada.

So, there's a lot easier way, if you think outside the box. Here's how I'd do it.

If my boss said they wanted 1 out of 50 accounts to zero limits, I'd think to myself "hmmm, 1 out of 50.....that's 2%....ok, first I'll ask the computer what percentage of account names, start with the letter 'A' ? Then, what percentage of account names start with 'B'. Then 'C', etc...."

Let's say that only 2% of all the accounts that get created on EB, start with the letter "Y". Bingo, I'm done. Every time someone creates an account starting with "Y", I make it unlimited.

See my point? My point is, all you guys that are making accounts that have no limits, do have something in common....I'll bet they do. But, you're simply not seeing it.

It could be the beginning letter in the UserID, or the ending letter of the last name, or the sum of the numbers in the address. It's probably very esoteric, but I doubt it's random.

Vetragor 11-16-2012 05:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TurtleCove (Post 393560)
That's a great reply...lol.
"diggin' your own grave".

In any event, everyone keeps saying it's "random" whether or not you get a new unlimited account. I don't think so. Here's why....

I'm a computer programmer. I get requests similar to this, all the time. Some big wig comes to me and says "Hey sporto, we wanna mx it up a bit, when these new people make new accounts. Sometimes we want to give them 10/1000, sometimes 50/5000, sometimes let's let some hit the jackpot, and give them no limits. Randomize that crap for us, Sporto".

We programmers aren't real keen on randomizing things. First of all, pc's suck at picking random numbers. You need to feed it a "seed" number, to get a random number, and that seed needs to be random, yada, yada, yada.

So, there's a lot easier way, if you think outside the box. Here's how I'd do it.

If my boss said they wanted 1 out of 50 accounts to zero limits, I'd think to myself "hmmm, 1 out of 50.....that's 2%....ok, first I'll ask the computer what percentage of account names, start with the letter 'A' ? Then, what percentage of account names start with 'B'. Then 'C', etc...."

Let's say that only 2% of all the accounts that get created on EB, start with the letter "Y". Bingo, I'm done. Every time someone creates an account starting with "Y", I make it unlimited.

See my point? My point is, all you guys that are making accounts that have no limits, do have something in common....I'll bet they do. But, you're simply not seeing it.

It could be the beginning letter in the UserID, or the ending letter of the last name, or the sum of the numbers in the address. It's probably very esoteric, but I doubt it's random.

it can be a valid point, but then we have a question, why ebay wants to give unlimited account to new seller, if they are so crazy about limits even to 1%

mr.fan 11-16-2012 08:44 PM

so guys is this really luck of the draw for new sellers accounts? I opened up an account 3 months ago, limit was 30 items, opened up another one recently and they gave me a meager 10 items selling limit :(

whyebpp 11-18-2012 02:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sell4more2 (Post 255230)

Keep making accts!

ebook does not say anything. Am I missing something??

lisa21801 11-18-2012 08:30 PM

Here's something that came to mind while reading this post.
Years ago, I came cross something that I saw as a pattern, and each and every time I tried it, it was a success.
Now, keep in mind, I am in the USA,so this does work in USA,at least as of last week.
I used to create accts simply by using my middle name.variations, etc.
Then something strange happened,one day I used a very odd and different name,
I think I saw the name on a tv commercial or on the credits of a program ending on tv.

Example:
Real name would be maybe
Susie Anne Davis

I uses a name like,
young chan Chung,
Acct stayed up.
Everything else being the same.

Another acct, Donna bell porters
The acct was taken down within the week.

Then, I used
Su Jung Mae
Acct stayed up.
The only other thing, after hrs of experimentation, was that the accounts
We're on the west coast, preferably in eBay state, California,

So, I look up a address for the mailboxes etc in say sanfrancisco,ca.
The name
Jun chan lee,
Acct stayed up.
Coincidence ?
Don't know.
Just that the accts with partial name names
Stay up, and all from the west cost, california.
Good luck,
(try it)