Just opened first stealth eb/p accounts! Couple of ?'s - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 08-29-2011

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 73%
Default Just opened first stealth eb/p accounts! Couple of ?'s

I just opened my very first steal eb/p accounts! I was shaking the entire time.

Eb did not do a phone verification but did an email verification. Is this normal?

Regarding the new "p" account ~ when I click on "get verified" it asks for checking account information or gives me the option to apply for a mastercard. They have not asked for the cc verification. I have a Simon giftcard for this purpose.

I'm a little confused. When/where to I use the Simon giftcard?

Thanks!
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 08-29-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,924 Times in 8,216 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Have you started selling yet? You will get a phone call when you do that - will ask for PIN.

Email verification is standard policy for buyer account.

You use the Simon giftcard in ADD Credit Card.

No reason to be shaking - make more stealth accounts for practice. All the best.
Old 08-29-2011
Threadstarter  

rsot ~ Thanks for your reply. I created the eb and p accounts earlier today. I immediately upgraded the eb account to a business account and opened the p account as a business account.

I know some on this forum recommend waiting awhile (30 days) before selling and others jump right in. I have some clothing items and shoes to sell so I'm going to start with those items before moving back into my "break and butter" ~ HBA/makeup items. What are your thoughts on when to list the first item?

Thanks!
Old 08-29-2011
Executive [VIP]

30 days is safe - myself, have done all kinds of low end sales within 2 weeks, 1 week, etc. I don't sell anything right now of great value so I am stuck in a bit of experimentation mode. This being your first account go slow - make a few others and experiment.

Depending on what clothing and shoes - could be high risk,
Old 08-29-2011
Banned

Thanked 2,029 Times in 1,356 Posts
Longevity: 87%

I have tested all different ways.

I suggest you do not list right away. Maybe a day or two before you list if you list household, yard sale type items and the list one now, another in an hour etc.

Go slow, do not go overboard and let the account age a bit before listing a large amount.

For the first week or so spread out listing common household stuff, ship quick, send emails etc and you will be ok.

The main reason many of us tell others to go slow is because of the many who jump right in and start listing hundred or even thousands of dollars worth of stuff which is not good.

Patience is the key.
The Following User Says Thank You to Sandy D For This Useful Post:
Sooner (08-29-2011)
Old 08-29-2011

Longevity: 78%
Send a message via MSN to GTB Send a message via Yahoo to GTB

yep,nice and slow using household items/old clothing/second hand ,on numerous accounts

if you go for it on just one account,it wont last two minutes

like rsot said,make a few for practice
The Following User Says Thank You to GTB For This Useful Post:
Sooner (08-29-2011)
Old 08-29-2011
Threadstarter  

I will sell some of my clothing ~ things I used to wear when I worked in outside sales in corporate America (Harold's, Ann Taylor, etc.) ~ all used nothing new. I will also list dress heels/pumps that I longer wear. Flip flops and sandals are more my style now that I work from home! I will also sell little girl leotards and tap dance shoes that are no longer needed in our household.

Do you think my Harold's, Ann Taylor, etc. clothing/shoes would be considered high risk?
Old 08-29-2011
Banned

At first stay away from the name brand stuff.
Old 08-29-2011
Threadstarter  

What brands are safe? What about Chico's, Coldwater Creek, Dana Buchman, Talbots or Liz Claiborne? To say I was (am) a clothes horse is an understatement ~ just ask my husband!

I am afraid I will do something wrong (like listing high risk clothing items) and lose this account.

Thanks!
Old 08-29-2011
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 81%

Nothing is safe if you list right away. Even non-brand stuff you run the risk.

If you want a survival account then 20-30+ buyer feedback and 1-3 months before selling. IHO
Old 08-29-2011
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sooner View Post
What brands are safe? What about Chico's, Coldwater Creek, Dana Buchman, Talbots or Liz Claiborne? To say I was (am) a clothes horse is an understatement ~ just ask my husband!

I am afraid I will do something wrong (like listing high risk clothing items) and lose this account.

Thanks!
All of those would be a risk.

As I stated before you need to list some yard sale, household stuff for a while before listing anything like this.

If you want to keep this account you need to listen carefully.

Go slow, list crap out of your house for a while and once you get a month or two under your belt then and even then go slow with what you are listing.
Old 08-30-2011
Threadstarter  

@newjerseymax ~ is there a to buy if I'm using an address where I cannot receive packages?

@sandy ~ I will hold off listing any of my clothing until I sell some garage sale type stuff. Do you think the little girl leotards and tap dance shoes would be okay? None of these items would sell for more than $8.00-$12.00 each.
Old 08-30-2011
Threadstarter  

@sandy ~ one more question, do you open stores with your eb accounts? If so, how long do you let your account age before you open a store?
Old 09-01-2011
Banned

Quote:
@newjerseymax ~ is there a to buy if I'm using an address where I cannot receive packages?

@sandy ~ I will hold off listing any of my clothing until I sell some garage sale type stuff. Do you think the little girl leotards and tap dance shoes would be okay? None of these items would sell for more than $8.00-$12.00 each.
Yes those items should be fine. Its some of those high end name brand clothing items you mentioned that I would not use on a new account for a while.

I do both with the stores. Some items are just not a decent store item for ebay when I know it will sell in an antique mall. Which I know you have a booth now.

As far as clothing type items, yes, if you have a large amount to sell it would be a good thing for a store. But----- do not load it up with name brand items for a while after you build fb, trust, ship quick, pay your eb fees etc.
The Following User Says Thank You to Sandy D For This Useful Post:
Sooner (09-01-2011)
Old 09-03-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Quote:
I will sell some of my clothing ~ things I used to wear when I worked in outside sales in corporate America (Harold's, Ann Taylor, etc.) ~ all used nothing new. I will also list dress heels/pumps that I longer wear. Flip flops and sandals are more my style now that I work from home! I will also sell little girl leotards and tap dance shoes that are no longer needed in our household.

Do you think my Harold's, Ann Taylor, etc. clothing/shoes would be considered high risk?
Yes, they are a label. Some prissy little former corporate exec stuck at home with a screaming kid will get annoyed at your listing & report it. Envy will be the motive.

Save the label gear for later when the account has matured.

Be careful of the shoes as well.... another category that can be 'looked' at.
Old 09-06-2011

I really enjoyed this thread. I got some great clients with items between thirty and thirty five. I just starting selling like a crazy person. I have had my account since 2004 and 100 feedback. Anyways, I was kicked off of paypal indefinately. So then I got moneybookers and started re posting and posting on my husbands mature account, well again, sold like crazy. So needless to say, both accounts restricted. Now i need to figure out some things.

One: can I use the same cell to verify more than one account?
Two: Once, I use the vcc to verify, card is useless right? So, how then do I get to my money. transfer into a new registered account with the bank?
Three: Is it worth buying a few stealth accounts and start selling slow?
Old 09-07-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

@furlac

I would not think of starting to sell with those basic questions.

Ideally each account is unique and has no links. (This is for starting out as a new stealth user).

The vcc is not useless. It verified you account & remains OK until it expires. Yes, you transfer to a bank account that gets attached to the paypal.

Take this with the best intentions it is written, dont buy an account until YOU understand fully about what being stealth means.

You have to know about IPs, cookies, user accounts. Have you thought of having your excel file to keep all your info?

Do appreciate I understand we want to rush back to selling. Doing that creates problems
Old 09-07-2011
Executive [VIP]

@furlac, how did Moneyb ookers suspend you?
Old 09-08-2011
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 77%

Quote:
@sandy ~ one more question, do you open stores with your eb accounts? If so, how long do you let your account age before you open a store?
Personally, I plan to open the Ebay Store ( if all goes smoothly ), some time after the 90 days, when I have at least 10.000$ - 15.000$ limit.
The Following User Says Thank You to mercurial333 For This Useful Post:
Sooner (09-08-2011)
Old 09-08-2011

@furlac, how did Moneyb ookers suspend you?

Moneybookers didn't suspend, they put it on hold until I sent a drivers licence pic and piece of valid mail to verify. So, I am assuming all will be okay becaue i did that yesterday and maybe takes more time. However, paypal hates me.
Old 09-08-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenBean™ View Post
@furlac

I would not think of starting to sell with those basic questions.

Ideally each account is unique and has no links. (This is for starting out as a new stealth user).

The vcc is not useless. It verified you account & remains OK until it expires. Yes, you transfer to a bank account that gets attached to the paypal.

Take this with the best intentions it is written, dont buy an account until YOU understand fully about what being stealth means.

You have to know about IPs, cookies, user accounts. Have you thought of having your excel file to keep all your info?

Do appreciate I understand we want to rush back to selling. Doing that creates problems

Okay, I am not offended, relieved actually at all the help I am getting. My true love is sales and I really enjoy this business and want to be a strong seller. Thanks for clarifying the vcc. I have stared new user accounts on the computer that I am not using or mucking up with other accounts. I am not deleting cookies cause it says not to in the Stealth Book. I do have an excel spread sheet that I use and good so far. I don't understand the IP's thing and whether or not I need to start buying different routers. That is an answer I am searching out. Thank you so much. I actually have quite a mess on my hands here with paypal and someone screwing me over 6000 and I guess I am on the hook for that. If fact, just this morning, paypal took 6000 out of my bank account today, ahhhhhh.
I am dedicated to learning how to do this right. Thanks so much.