eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   eBay Discussion! (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/)
-   -   Ebay has my money? (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/36975-ebay-has-my-money.html)

robpav 09-21-2011 09:19 AM

Ebay has my money?

Few days ago I sold something on Ebay ( eu ). 4-5 hours after auction ended received mail from buyer saying that he payed for the item and he asked me when can he expect it. I logged to my PP and my balance was same as before and I had no any notification of payment. I asked him if he is sure he compleated the transaction, few min after he has sent me mail with prof that he did. Today i got email from Ebay that I need to send package and that thay have my money!!!! Ok, whats up with that? I sold 100s of items so far and never seen this happen. Is that some new Ebay's option that i checked or some new implemented anti-scam thing that is now the part of ebay-pp transaction.
I dont know what to do? Should I send the package and hope Ebay will release my money or what.... Please help.

thanks/

oompaloompa 09-21-2011 09:34 AM

if the money is not in paypal, right there in front of your eyes, it is a scam notification, do not send.

robpav 09-21-2011 09:43 AM

Are you sure? I can copy/past here on aspkin. Buyer has 120feedback and all are 100% positive. Ebay sent me notification that i have payment on hold.

Hi xxxxx,

Your buyer has paid for this order. Please ship it now, and mark as shipped on the order details page. You can also upload tracking information.

Is what i got in mail from ebay, also when i logged Internet Explorer remembered my username/password and on My Ebay i had all the info as its is normal.

JRYAN34 09-21-2011 09:45 AM

1. If the message is not in your official ebay message, it is ⊗⊗⊗⊗/scam
2. Click "check paypal transaction" in the my ebay where you sold the item, and it will prove if he paid, when, and how much.
3. You may have entered your wrong paypal email in ebay if you are a new seller, so check tha.

barton_67 09-21-2011 10:23 AM

its a scam i used to get these all the time when i sold iphones check the sender of the email

rsot 09-21-2011 10:24 AM

What's your pp showing?

robpav 09-21-2011 10:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rsot (Post 270784)
What's your pp showing?

Normal balance. No change or pending balance.

robpav 09-21-2011 10:29 AM

Also i have

Wählen Sie jetzt, wie eBay Sie auszahlen soll, nachdem Sie Ihre(n) Artikel verkauft haben. Sie sollten diese Wahl am besten sofort treffen, um schnell an Ihr Geld zu kommen, sobald Ihr Käufer bezahlt hat.

Jetzt Auszahlungsmethode einrichten

Die nächsten Schritte
eBay informiert Sie per E-Mail, sobald die Zahlung Ihres Käufers eingegangen ist. In 'Mein
eBay' werden Sie durch das 'Zahlung erhalten'-Logo über den Zahlungseingang informiert.

Wenn Sie die Benachrichtigung erhalten haben, verpacken und versenden Sie den Artikel und
markieren Sie ihn als "verschickt".

Wenn Sie Ihren Artikel als verschickt markieren, weiß der Käufer immer genau, wann der
Artikel versendet wurde und wann er mit der Zustellung rechnen kann.

Mehr zum Thema Artikel als "verschickt" markieren.

Sie erhalten Ihre Auszahlungen nach Ablauf der Auszahlungsfristen.

Die Auszahlung für diesen Kauf wird in Ihrer bevorzugten Auszahlungsweise vorgenommen.

Sie werden per E-Mail über die Auszahlung informiert.

Mehr zum Thema Auszahlungsfristen

from ebay, dont remember seeing it before and cant look since I delete my mail every week :(

p.s. Sorry for german :)

JRYAN34 09-21-2011 11:23 AM

we cant read that bull****

oompaloompa 09-21-2011 01:13 PM

yeh German, I would not learn it if it was the last language on earth.......

well you explain where your money is.....this 120 feedback account is probably hacked, if you do not believe us , send it and find out for yourself....

Darwin 09-21-2011 01:30 PM

It is a scam. Paypal never does that, and you can just forward the email to paypal's customer service email to get it verified if its legit (which it is not, 100% sure).

robpav 09-21-2011 06:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oompaloompa (Post 270837)
yeh German, I would not learn it if it was the last language on earth.......

well you explain where your money is.....this 120 feedback account is probably hacked, if you do not believe us , send it and find out for yourself....

Hehe, I dont know German and translate it isn't helping :) So I dont know if it is genuine message or not. I got 3 of those during last 3 days :(

Has anyone of you sold and received money during last 7 days?

robpav 09-21-2011 06:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darwin (Post 270841)
It is a scam. Paypal never does that, and you can just forward the email to paypal's customer service email to get it verified if its legit (which it is not, 100% sure).

Its not PayPal, its Ebay that is holding my money :( I dont know how can that be even possible. I'm considering that it must be a scam or something, but don;t know how to be 100% sure :)

BiN4RY 09-21-2011 09:04 PM

It's quite obvious that it's a scam. This guy appears to have received the same email:

http://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-di...tml#post270457

Here We Go Again 09-21-2011 09:12 PM

Please see the below Link:
eBay Begins Processing Payments on Sellers' Behalf in Europe

eBay is in becoming its OWN payment processor in certain parts of Europe.
So the payments would go to eBay and NOT Paypal.

Hercules 09-21-2011 09:52 PM

That happened to me once in a different way, somehow my EB acct got unattached to my PP acct.
I had two emails connected to PP for a year then I started noticing money not growing in my PP, checked it, only one EB acct!
Naturally someone wanted their money back but I never got it. I tried to reattach my EB acct to PP but it said 'that email is with another PP acct'.
I ended up walking away from the acct for good.

yotano211 09-21-2011 10:31 PM

Why I am not liking this one bit. Every time EB changes something its in their favor to make more money on the people who sell on there. I see this making its way to the States. If it's only in beta testing in Germany (the largest economy in the EU), I am sure it will make its way to the largest economy in the world, the US.

Oh god, EB is at it again.

oompaloompa 09-22-2011 03:21 AM

ok so this is a Germany thing, and only for newly registered, and it will probably spread, hmmm, well it cannot be worse than paypal.

love the article HWGA re amazon and ebay - thanks for that

I wonder if OP knew about this scheme, if they did, it was not clear in the post.

robpav 09-22-2011 06:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oompaloompa (Post 271011)
ok so this is a Germany thing, and only for newly registered, and it will probably spread, hmmm, well it cannot be worse than paypal.

love the article HWGA re amazon and ebay - thanks for that

I wonder if OP knew about this scheme, if they did, it was not clear in the post.

Hm well I had this accoutn for 7 months and It has been seller account for 6 months, I sold about 20 items and i have 15 positive feedbacks with 0 negative/neutral. Items I sold went max 200euros and this in question for 500euros. So i don't understand how to thay rank accounts. I understand why can this be Germany related, In EU PayPal can't hold your money, this way Ebay act as a bank and uses your money to make more profit in short time. If this becomes standard practice it will be a bad thing....

yotano211 09-22-2011 07:32 AM

I am ex research stock analyst with Morgan Stanley and I see it like this.

I think EB is trying to cut cost in trying to eliminate PP with either trying to merge it into EB all together or down size PP and merge what it can into EB. I think it might actually benefit the sellers if EB merges PP into itself. It might cut cost for EB so that EB can cut its commission rate to sellers.

PP is kinda like a 3rd party member between EB and the seller. If you eliminate PP, in theory the entire process should be more efficient and lower cost. They could eliminate jobs that are not required after the merger.

Or my other theory is that, Since EB is losing lots of money from sellers who don't pay their sellers fees. They might be merging PP into EB to get easier access for sellers to pay up. After all, it's known that PP and EB don't always share the same information.

I myself owe EB some money from some selling stuff but yet my PP was never charged those selling fees.

But I actually see this forming into all EB sites around the world, so get ready because I am not.

GrannyT 09-22-2011 11:30 AM

PP has aspirations to be a fully fledged bank world wide.
The trouble is their ownership by Ebay

Ebay has aspirations to be the same as Amazon

My concern is they will hold the money as Amazon do and then transfer it to PP thus getting the funds for 2 weeks and PP still getting their 3%+

Sneaky boy lemons!!

:pop2:

yotano211 09-22-2011 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GrannyT (Post 271101)
PP has aspirations to be a fully fledged bank world wide.
The trouble is their ownership by Ebay

Ebay has aspirations to be the same as Amazon

My concern is they will hold the money as Amazon do and then transfer it to PP thus getting the funds for 2 weeks and PP still getting their 3%+

Sneaky boy lemons!!

:pop2:

Yea that could also be true but if PP is trying to be a bank, then in the US PP has to play by the rules concerning bank regulations. It might actually mean less time for PP holding sellers money since they are regulated. But since EB is not regulated they can continue holding money until they feel like it.

I see big changes coming, I will have to do more research on this matter myself. Time to call up my old coworkers at Morgan Stanley.

Sneaky indeed....