eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   eBay Discussion! (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/)
-   -   Ebay's New Feedback Policy, Buyers Using As Weapon (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/3729-ebays-new-feedback-policy-buyers-using-weapon.html)

twdell 03-30-2008 12:48 PM

Ebay's New Feedback Policy, Buyers Using As Weapon

i just receive my first threat/blackmail email from a idiotic buyer. the guy was unhappy with the product, and left me a couple of neutrals. never contacted. i always give refunds when a buyer is unhappy, and i let them keep the product. so i leave him a negative for no communication. then i do a feedback withdrawl request. this really ticked him off.

he just sent me an email saying he just heard about ebay's new feedback policy and he is going to exploit it to the fullest and leave me a negative every week all summer long. i have him blocked, but i'm sure he may have other accounts.

he knows i can't leave any negatives back for him, but i guess he doesn't know about the non-paying buyer thing.

i'm sure this will be just the start with buyers doing the same thing. i reported this guy to ebay, but i'm sure they won't do anything.

it's going to be really hard to keep up a good seller rating with this garbage feedback system ebay has implemented.

has anyone else experienced anything similar.

becca073 03-30-2008 12:56 PM

I thought this doesn't start until May? Am I wrong? Wow that does suck!

thelizardking 03-30-2008 01:50 PM

I rarely get an unhappy customer, but recently I had one for a cracked CD case (I stated it in the listing) he was upset because of this? It costs 50cents to replace. He left me a neg so I left one back (It was his 3rd fb all together) filed a mutual withdrawal and he accepted...but it sounds like this guy is all talk...

we shouldn't waste time worrying about these idiots...its gonna happen but yeah its supposed to start in May and if you file for non payment and they don't pay then the neg gets removed...

ebayhateluv 03-30-2008 03:36 PM

HI: I guess my only recourse will be paying Square Trade. Most likely their fees will go up.. so in the end---EBAY ends up boosting Square Trades Profits--maybe this was the plan all along?

twdell 03-30-2008 04:06 PM

sorry if i didn't explain clearly enough. the buyer said once the new policy starts he will take full advantage of it, and try to ruin me.

he probably is all talk, but there are some crazies out there who go over the top to try and get even.

thelizardking 03-30-2008 07:52 PM

Yeah hopefully they will forget about it if eb implements this new policy..

jscan 03-30-2008 08:19 PM

another ebay nut it seems, its unbelievable how many idoits use ebay. a majority of these people are probably illiterate or redneck hillbilly's.

Jonas 03-31-2008 02:40 AM

Does the guy specifically say he will use multiple accounts to neg you or just try to neg you with the same account? You have to ask him this until he answers. Ask through ebay. If he admits to doing something illegal, report him.

twdell 03-31-2008 09:06 AM

he didn't say anything about multiple accounts. i think he will just use his one account, which i have already blocked.

does anyone know how to retrieve the email header for a gmail account? ebay is requesting that info for the report i made.

SillyMe 03-31-2008 09:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by twdell (Post 34127)
does anyone know how to retrieve the email header for a gmail account? ebay is requesting that info for the report i made.

Go into your Gmail like you are reading the email. Look to the right where the date and time are. There is a reply button and a downward arrow to the right of that. Click the area and choose show original.

Hope that helps

twdell 03-31-2008 11:52 AM

thanks, SillyMe, that worked perfectly.

mantisinc 03-31-2008 12:41 PM

Twdell, GOOD luck. I had a similar experience myself, and got absolute nowhere.
Some idiot bought an item off me, claimed it wasn't as described, and negged me. So, I negged him back.

He sent me many abusive emails saying if I didn't retract the feedback, he'd do even more damage to my feedback. However, I ignored this. Anyway, had this new account under the name of something like "toldyoucannotrun" buy my item, he PAID, so I refunded payment. Anyway, received a neg from him. He had the SAME address as the last account, and send me ANOTHER abusive email. I explained the situation to ebay, sent them all email headers of the message, told them about matching address AND paypal email, but the neg was not removed. Nor was that account suspended.

So good luck, feedback removal was a dead end for me.

twdell 03-31-2008 02:20 PM

i pretty much figured that was going to be the case. i'm sure if someone reported a seller to ebay as a previous suspended account ebay would act quickly. i'll waste my time and give it a try any way.