Ebay & Paypal - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 04-02-2008

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 93%
Question Ebay & Paypal

I had an E-bay and Pay-pal account on I.P address x.x.x.x.x.x.x, this e-bay account is now suspended and the Pay-pal account is closed. I have read through the forum how to create a new I.P address and to delete cookies at all times. I have been able to create a new IP by changing the MAC address through the router. When I now go to IPBurger.com my IP has successfully changed from the last one. I am confused as to whether I can NOW log in to a friends pay-pal account to print out the shipping labels for them. I do not want their account to be linked to my old one on the old I.P. Through checking my IP on IPBurger.com website it (my IP) has changed although I’m concerned with the method I used to change the IP that possibly the NEW IP is associated with the OLD IP (suspended account IP). The internet service is cable and it is a dynamic IP. The method used to change the I.P is as listed below;

Quote:
Originally Posted by BooMer View Post
Hi everyone, this is my first post as I have read that people are trying to change their IP through the router. Well I have done that and would like to share this information. Here is what I did.

Goto ipchicken.com and write your current ip address down.

I have a D-Link wireless router connected to Comcast Cable Modem.

What you need to do is change the MAC ID for the ROUTER ONLY. The reason why people still get the same IP is because of this. The original MAC ID is located on the bottom of the router so there is no need to copy or write it down if you ever want to revert back to it later.

The first step is to connect your Ethernet cable from your computer to the router so they can communicate and adjust settings. You do not need to do anything with the cable modem at this time. It will be towards the end.

Open up IE (internet explorer) or Firefox and type in your router address, mine is 192.168.0.1 if you don't know it then look in your router manual or cd that came with your router. Or goto the Run command and type in "cmd" and the ipconfig/all and you will see you router address.

Enter your login name/password if you have it set, mine is "admin" which is default. Now the menus is different for each router company. Just find the option that says MAC ADDRESS and click on it or click on manual settings and you should see your MAC ADDRESS. It looks like 6 boxes with 12 numbers and letters in sets. For example 01-5d-b2-42-f1-65

Now you want to change the MAC ADDRESS by doing the following.
Leave the first box the same. You only have to change the other boxes with numbers from 0-9 and letters from a-f but keeping the letters and numbers in the same position and only changing the value for example 01-4b-c5-31-a3-45

After you have replace them click on save settings or apply settings.
You will lose internet connection at this time. Now the final step is to unplug your router and your cable modem for about a minute or so and plug it back in. give it couple minutes to initialize and check your ip at ipchicken.com

You now have a new IP address. Repeat the process to get a new IP address through your router.

Thank you and enjoy BooMer!
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 04-02-2008

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 94%

Just take them to the Post Office or UPS Store if your not sure...but with everything changed and cookies cleared you should be fine..