eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   eBay Discussion! (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/)
-   -   Ebay asking to call - they will help to keep acc safe - Am i gone for good ?... (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/39561-ebay-asking-call-they-will-help-keep-acc-safe-am-i-gone-good.html)

jackd 11-22-2011 06:48 AM

Ebay asking to call - they will help to keep acc safe - Am i gone for good ?...

Hi,
i have few stealth acc running.All different Windows user, different IP, all details are different.
Yesterday they have asked me to give them some security answers when i tried to list few more items . Was silly enough to change security question and put my answer, after this they ask me to call them , as they say they will help me to keep acc safe ...
My listings are still ok, but i do NOT know security details, so basically i can NOT call them.
Anyone had experience with it , any chance it will go away (if i will not touch it for a few days) and i will be able to list ? acc is not limited in any other way so far ... Items i sell still on ...

rsot 11-22-2011 10:36 AM

While I will wait for other folx to chime in who have more experience on this topic, I really don't think "can you please change it and act stupid and nice" will work. I would not be doing this in your shoes.

jackd 11-22-2011 10:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rsot (Post 289088)
While I will wait for other folx to chime in who have more experience on this topic, I really don't think "can you please change it and act stupid and nice" will work. I would not be doing this in your shoes.

Well... At the moment i see it this way - They will not let me sell new items and will not forget me ( i am praying they will).
Some items are for sale at the moment so i am hoping at least to sell what is listed get my money back spent on acc , VPN and browsing time to build some buyers feedback's...And obviously to get experience for myself for this type of situation as this is most important part.
There is a risk they will make another game with Paypal if i get few sales.
Items value is small and profit margin is high, so i can take the risk. Trying to get us much experience and knowledge from this situation as i can.

I made a bet with myself already - 90% chances this acc will not be able to sell....

Hopefully another acc's on same PC will not go down(all info is different,Windows users,IP, eb/pp indo - only MAC addresses were not changed)

Waiting for some more experienced members comment on the situation and my survival ratio ...

seanws30 11-22-2011 04:01 PM

first rule of stealth, write everything down, keep a log. not sure why you dont remember the answers in the first place.

with that being said, just call. the account will go down but itself after those auctions end if you are lucky but possibly before. the worse they can do is lock that account provided you did everything correct to keep the others from being linked

doughboykilla 11-22-2011 11:41 PM

When ebay says call them to they will help to keep acc safe this really means call them so they cant elemate u if they find your steath its noting about keeping u safe :lol:

GreenBean 11-23-2011 01:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jackd (Post 289094)
Well... At the moment i see it this way - They will not let me sell new items and will not forget me ( i am praying they will).
Some items are for sale at the moment so i am hoping at least to sell what is listed get my money back spent on acc , VPN and browsing time to build some buyers feedback's...And obviously to get experience for myself for this type of situation as this is most important part.
There is a risk they will make another game with Paypal if i get few sales.
Items value is small and profit margin is high, so i can take the risk. Trying to get us much experience and knowledge from this situation as i can.

I made a bet with myself already - 90% chances this acc will not be able to sell....

Hopefully another acc's on same PC will not go down(all info is different,Windows users,IP, eb/pp indo - only MAC addresses were not changed)

Waiting for some more experienced members comment on the situation and my survival ratio ...

Last paragraph first. Your survival rating took a BIG tumble on here.

Firstly using a VPN to register here to pretend to be US based eventually comes out in the open. :boink:

Secondly, be careful of qualifying who can respond. If any user cares to respond, do not show disrespect to them just because your ego did not like their reply. Forum is for learning, not egos.

Back to your problem on ebay. Survival on ebay is lowered because ebay by now have likely detected the VPN. A request to make contact with them is normally suggestive of the account being flagged. Flagged accounts are damaged.

Poor tactical management of an account to claim to not have your info, poor.
Going stealth means we really become that other person. ALL info is needed.
:pop2:

rsot 11-23-2011 09:54 AM

Ah the VPN issue - ok.

What happened to the second post from fandango? Hmm.