eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   eBay Discussion! (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/)
-   -   eBay Stealth Book question...help please (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/40081-ebay-stealth-book-question-help-please.html)

sii1123 12-04-2011 03:15 PM

eBay Stealth Book question...help please

Finally bought the stealth book and digested all the information last night. I am trying to create a new eBay account now but am really confused with the ip changing guide. I am able to change the ip address without changing the MAC address. Do I need to change the MAC address too? I am using dsl and the MAC address is disabled and I don't need to change that in order to get ta new ip address...

question 1:

Do I need to change the MAC address regardless that I get a new ip adress from resetting the modem?

question 2:
If I create the 3 different ebay accounts and that means, I need to reset the modem everytime I login to different ebay accounts? The ip address will be different everytime. Do you think eBay will keep an eye on my account because I use different ip?

ps: I don't think I can keep the same ip for the same ebay account...

Thanks!!!:hail:

NotAHappyBunny 12-05-2011 01:03 AM

hi
im not sure about the dsl thing - but if your ip changes automatically then thats great.
DO NOT MIX IP'S
re ip changing risk:
Dongle's have ensured that ip's are everchanging.
You lose your current ip after a certain number of hours after switching off router/modern.

If i was you i'd use my connection for half your accounts & use one or more pre-paid dongles (from different providers) on the other half.

You can keep track of ip's used in a spreadsheet.
The general rule is to avoid sharing ip's.

They cannot link you alone through ip, except when constantly static - they need more ammo.

good luck

ps : read the book a few more times - it helps.

rsot 12-05-2011 12:14 PM

Question 1: I would not worry about MAC for eb - IP is enough.

Question 2: I use dial-up and dynamic IP so my IP changes all the time - worry more about your cookies and keeping your accounts linkfree (my own observations). Some folx will aim for IP to always match-up but I find that to be too detailed.

jamblix 12-05-2011 12:37 PM

Yes, the MAC should be fine as it is as long as the IP addresses are changing. You should keep a notepad and log each and every IP address used to login your eB accounts. It's very important to keep track of your IPs, you don't get a second chance if you make a mistake. Use the same IP for two different eB accounts and they are linked, if one goes down they both will.

sii1123 12-05-2011 04:34 PM

Thanks guys! Very helpful stuffs :D

03civichatch 12-05-2011 05:23 PM

so if he is resetting the modem for a new ip every time there is a chance that the modem will generate the same ip again later down the line?

jamblix 12-05-2011 11:37 PM

It's a possibility, I can't be sure. I know that I've recycled through all my MAC address possibilities for the last 2 digits I've gone from 00-99, A0-A9, 0A-9A and so forth with all the letters up to F and there have been a good amount of times where the same IP shows up twice. That is why I keep track of ALL my IP addresses and look down a huge list every time I login to eB or Paypal for any of my accounts. Better safe than sorry.

sii1123 12-05-2011 11:45 PM

:doh:that's a great question 03civichatch! i think I just need to keep track of all the ips i used.

03civichatch 12-06-2011 09:48 AM

thanks sii i'm also curious because i've been reading my stealth book and have not yet attempted to make new accounts yet. Just want to make sure i understand as much as i can before i give it a go.

jamblix makes a good point to log ip's in spreadsheet, i think i too will be doing that, thanks for the idea!