Strictly buying account about to be suspended. - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 12-06-2011

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 75%
Default Strictly buying account about to be suspended.

Iv been getting warnings that seem to come out of nowhere saying that I am not being a proper buyer. I suspect a suspension soon so I was wondering what kind of information I should change.

How many times can I register an account with a slight variation of the Name and Address before they catch on? Im using john smith, johnathan smit, jon smich at 123 blvd, 123 boulevard. Will they never catch on? how does it work?

Iv been looking at the guide but its not specific for buyers because I NEED an address I have access too.

Thanks in advance
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 12-06-2011

Longevity: 91%

Ebay has always seemed very relaxed when it comes to buyer accounts. Have you possibly filed too many claims or left alot of bad feedback?
Old 12-06-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Quote:
Originally Posted by bassman8866 View Post
Iv been getting warnings that seem to come out of nowhere saying that I am not being a proper buyer. I suspect a suspension soon so I was wondering what kind of information I should change.

How many times can I register an account with a slight variation of the Name and Address before they catch on? Im using john smith, johnathan smit, jon smich at 123 blvd, 123 boulevard. Will they never catch on? how does it work?

Iv been looking at the guide but its not specific for buyers because I NEED an address I have access too.

Thanks in advance
I would prefer to read you are going to stop getting such notices.

What on earth are you doing as a buyer to get such warnings?
Old 12-06-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,909 Times in 8,202 Posts
Activity: 99%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
Iv been getting warnings that seem to come out of nowhere saying that I am not being a proper buyer

Need more details - you shill bidding? scamming sellers?
Old 12-06-2011
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsot View Post
Need more details - you shill bidding? scamming sellers?
I would like to think that im a very good buyer. I dont open a case unless I absolutely have to. When they add up it seems like alot of cases. I buy about 10-20k per month. 300-400 transactions and open about 5-7% cases. Those cases are always no response sellers where there is something broken or I never got an item.
Old 12-06-2011
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruiserdaddy View Post
Ebay has always seemed very relaxed when it comes to buyer accounts. Have you possibly filed too many claims or left alot of bad feedback?

I dont leave feedback at all. Takes alot of time with 300-400 transactions and in my experience feedback has come back to bite me in the ass. Few months ago I left feedback for an item on accident that I never received. When I opened a case ebay ruled in their favor because I had feedback showing I was happy with the item. Ever since then I ignore feedback all together. Should I start leaving some good feedback for people?
Old 12-06-2011

Longevity: 73%

Quote:
I would like to think that im a very good buyer. I dont open a case unless I absolutely have to. When they add up it seems like alot of cases. I buy about 10-20k per month. 300-400 transactions and open about 5-7% cases. Those cases are always no response sellers where there is something broken or I never got an item.
maybe we are looking at this from the wrong angle. how many cases have been opened against you?

there is more to this then the OP is letting on. i have never heard of a buyer being dumped on by ebay ever.
Old 12-06-2011
Executive [VIP]

5-7% of cases is high as a regular buyer - I can see where the platform (eb) is coming from in suspending you. Now my suggestion is 1) to talk to them and see about reinstatement and 2) definitely make new stealth buying accounts and spread the purchases.
Old 12-06-2011
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 86%

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsot View Post
5-7% of cases is high as a regular buyer.
Especially one that should know how to deal with situations

Do you, and be honest, just push the claim button because its "faster" then dealing with seller?

Or do you really get screwed over in as many as 28 transactions a month? What are you buying? Broken as is electronics? And maybe you think they should be easier to fix? Just a guess. I've seen it before. If they cant fix and flip it they want money back

Something is missing here.
Old 12-06-2011
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by seanws30 View Post
maybe we are looking at this from the wrong angle. how many cases have been opened against you?

there is more to this then the OP is letting on. i have never heard of a buyer being dumped on by ebay ever.

Sean,

No cases have been opened against me. Ebay hasnt formally done anything to my account, just given warnings.
Old 12-06-2011
Executive [VIP]

I'll take you grazing over the reason you file too many claims as a statement that you do because you can. Please correct me if I'm wrong......
Old 12-06-2011
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by pod View Post
Especially one that should know how to deal with situations

Do you, and be honest, just push the claim button because its "faster" then dealing with seller?

Or do you really get screwed over in as many as 28 transactions a month? What are you buying? Broken as is electronics? And maybe you think they should be easier to fix? Just a guess. I've seen it before. If they cant fix and flip it they want money back

Something is missing here.
I buy coins, stamps, collectibles, art, ipods, supplies... a bit of everything. I open the case when I havent got the item or the item comes broken or missing parts. I'll open the case without contacting the buyer if the seller has accumulated negative feedback since my purchase.

The question iv been asking was about tweaking the name and address? how safe am I opening a stealth ebay with tweaked information for the 3rd or 4th time?
Old 12-06-2011
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
I'll open the case without contacting the buyer if the seller has accumulated negative feedback since my purchase.
So you open case with no contact? Thats just jumping the gun man. And not always needed. At least give the seller a small window to react. 2 days even... 24 hours even. To just assume you are gonna get screwed is why your account is bent

Are you a seller? You cool if buyers do this?
Old 12-06-2011
Threadstarter  

Quote:
I'll take you grazing over the reason you file too many claims as a statement that you do because you can. Please correct me if I'm wrong......
Iv opened 255 cases in the last 14 months with 3112 purchases.
Old 12-06-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thats way way way too many. Thats just insane!
Old 12-06-2011
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Thats way way way too many. Thats just insane!
8%?

What am I supposed to do? not get my money back for something I never got?
Old 12-06-2011
Executive [VIP]

This sounds harsh, sorry. But the fact that you think 255 claims in a year is not high is why your account is in trouble

You massively abuse the system. Massively. Nobody gets screwed over that much. You just file a claim because its fast and easy. Seller has no option but to refund and move on. You are a bad buyer and you abuse the fact that its just too easy to file a claim

If your response is I dont have time to contact seller, then dont buy man
Old 12-06-2011
Threadstarter  

Quote:
This sounds harsh, sorry. But the fact that you think 255 claims in a year is not high is why your account is in trouble

You massively abuse the system. Massively. Nobody gets screwed over that much. You just file a claim because its fast and easy. Seller has no option but to refund and move on. You are a bad buyer and you abuse the fact that its just too easy to file a claim

If your response is I dont have time to contact seller, then dont buy man
Maybe you're right.

I am willing to change my approach to keep my buyer account. How should I go about contacting sellers? Also, how do I let ebay know that I will change the way I deal with buyers?
Old 12-06-2011
Executive [VIP]

if claims stop being so large in volume they will let you go. All they have done is warn you from what I can see.

Not every seller will try screw you over. If they refuse to reply or get nasty, claim away. But give them a little chance to play fair with you
Old 12-06-2011
Threadstarter  

Quote:
if claims stop being so large in volume they will let you go. All they have done is warn you from what I can see.

Not every seller will try screw you over. If they refuse to reply or get nasty, claim away. But give them a little chance to play fair with you
ok, that sounds good. Do you know anything about eBay warnings? when do they re-evaluate? what are they looking for type of thing... how serious is it?
Old 12-06-2011
Executive [VIP]

You have to go pretty far out of your way to get tossed if you dont sell. They dont hassle buyers. Just be a little more reasonable with communication and I'm sure you will be fine

A warning to a buyer is barely a slap on the wrists....
Old 12-06-2011
Executive [VIP]

Like spreading sales over accounts, spread these kind of purchases.