Ebay Selling Limits REDUCED - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 12-13-2011
MU

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 72%
Default Ebay Selling Limits REDUCED

Hi guys. Today I received a message as the following:

________

Dear _________

Based on your account information and activity, it looks like user ID _________ is associated with your account. This usually indicates that both accounts belong to the same person.

Because the other account is restricted or otherwise not meeting minimum seller standards, we've changed the amount you can list on eBay.

You can now sell up to 10 items or up to $550.00 per month, whichever comes first. After 90 days, we'll reassess your account and may increase your limits based on your selling performance. You can also increase your limits sooner by resolving any open issues with the associated account. We've already sent instructions for resolving these issues to the email address registered to that account.

-- Related help links --
Learn how to increase your limits:
http://pages.ebay.com/help/sell/sell...tml#increasing

Seller performance standards:
http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/...rformance.html

Using multiple accounts:
http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/...-accounts.html

Thanks,

eBay

Please don't reply to this message. It was sent from an address that doesn't accept incoming email.

H69181

My question is, how could this happen? I did everything the stealth guide said. I have a new user on my computer, IP address was change. I ONLY use that account for eBay and never even sign out from my stealth account. Phone number is different, address is different, name is totally different, literally everything is different. I was selling fine for roughly a month and I had 100/$5000 and had no problems at all. There were no refunds, no cases opened, received positive feedback for every transaction that happened. I didn't do drop shipping, I shipped from the new address and everything was good. I hadn't sold anything for a week (I was waiting for my stuff to come in the mail). It came yesterday so I made the new listing the same night. This morning I get this message from them. What could have possibly happened?

I can make another account, that's not an issue but I want to know what happened or where I could have gone wrong before I go ahead and make another one.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 12-13-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,937 Times in 8,228 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

What do you mean what happened?

Quote:

Based on your account information and activity, it looks like user ID _________ is associated with your account.
THAT's WHAT HAPPENED. If that other account is suspended, consider yourself lucky to be not banned outright.

I have had this happen before - I even had this message happen when I operated multiple eb accounts attached to one pp. YES your limits go down. In your case, I doubt you operated pure stealth.

All the best.

1st question: IS EB correct in their linking?
Old 12-13-2011
MU
Threadstarter  

Yes they are but this is such an old account that I haven't even logged into for months. I did opearate in complete stealth. LIterally everything was different. I use a VPN as an IP changing service as changing IPs thorugh Verizon fios is too complicated and uncontrollable. Did your selling limits go up after the 90 days?
Old 12-13-2011

Why was the restriction placed on the other account? Do you owe people money? If so, and the amount isn't very expensive, i'd advise paying it. They could have limited your new account COMPLETELY but all they want are the issues resolved. Good luck
Old 12-13-2011
MU
Threadstarter  

]

The restriction they placed on the other account is a funny one. It was a friends account that he hadn't used in roughly 3 years. He had no limits on the account and all he did was buy a couple things. He owes them no money no fees. I asked if I could use his account and it wasn't a problem. Thign was because there wasn't activity on it for such a long time, eBay asked him to send in some documents like state ID, utility bill etc. Even after that, they refused to lift the restriction on the account so then thats when I made this new, supposedly stealth, one. There's no money owed on the account, nothing was sold. That account I can't even do anything with because they removed it from the community.
Old 12-13-2011

Longevity: 73%

i stopped reading when i saw VPN.

Quote:
changing IPs thorugh Verizon fios is too complicated and uncontrollable
time to learn how to use this then. you cant expect everything to be handed to you on a silver plate. take the time to figure it out and you wont have these issues in the future
Old 12-13-2011
MU
Threadstarter  

Lol, the reason I'm on this forum is because I have used the search button, I have read whatever I could find and obviously I haven't found my answer. I would appreciate it if this forum could be helpful instead of condescending. And believe me, the ebay'ing that I have tried to do from where I am, and the reasons I am doing it clearly shows that nothing is on a silver plate. So thanks for our comment, but I would appreciate something a little bit more helpful or less condescending.
Old 12-13-2011
Executive [VIP]

[quote ]Yes they are but this is such an old account that I haven't even logged into for months[/quote]

It does matter to Eb as you can see - you have not operated in complete stealth =(

VPN is dangerous. As for 90 days, not automatic for me (and I have not bothered to call though). I have no experience with this part of the timeframe sorry.
Old 12-13-2011
MU
Threadstarter  

Its alright. I really appreciate your help on this matter. Would you know a way to change Verizon Fios IPs and control the switching? For me, the only way I could do it is by leaving the router off all night (which is very hard to do considering the way things work at home) and wait for the lease to expire on the IP. Then we can get a new one but theres no way of switching between multiple IPs. Not that I know of anyways. Any advice on that?
Old 12-13-2011
MU
Threadstarter  

I had a different IP and different User and everything when i logged on the original account though, the only thing that they MIGHT have linked was that I used the same PP account but thats 95% unlikely because I know better than that.
Old 12-13-2011

Longevity: 73%

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitzuoka View Post
Lol, the reason I'm on this forum is because I have used the search button, I have read whatever I could find and obviously I haven't found my answer. I would appreciate it if this forum could be helpful instead of condescending. And believe me, the ebay'ing that I have tried to do from where I am, and the reasons I am doing it clearly shows that nothing is on a silver plate. So thanks for our comment, but I would appreciate something a little bit more helpful or less condescending.
you obviously havent read enough then as there are several other ways to get new ip's rather easily with usb dongles or tethering. also VPN's have been covered extensively on here.

dont tell me how to answer your posts. i dont let my wife tell me how to talk, im sure as h.... not going to let you
Old 12-13-2011

Longevity: 71%

Quote:
Its alright. I really appreciate your help on this matter. Would you know a way to change Verizon Fios IPs and control the switching? For me, the only way I could do it is by leaving the router off all night (which is very hard to do considering the way things work at home) and wait for the lease to expire on the IP. Then we can get a new one but theres no way of switching between multiple IPs. Not that I know of anyways. Any advice on that?
if you can log into your router you should be able to change the lease time...
i would suggest googling your router and changing of the lease time...
when i first started i just went digging into the router and bingo, i found it and reset it....i can change ips in about 1.5 minutes round trip now...
Old 12-14-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,406 Times in 871 Posts
Longevity: 81%

Quote:
I had a different IP and different User and everything when i logged on the original account though, the only thing that they MIGHT have linked was that I used the same PP account but thats 95% unlikely because I know better than that.

I do NOT Understand this Post,,Did you or Did you NOT use the SAME Paypal account with those 2 Ebay accounts,,The post reads like you are NOT 100% Sure,,

I am 100% SURE that if you use 1 Paypal account to accept payments from 2 Ebay accounts that Ebay will Link those 2 Ebay accounts, so if that is what you did then that is what happened,,,

As for the FIOS IP,,,the post above is Correct,,if you log onto the Router simply change the lease time on you ip address,,,
Old 12-14-2011
MU

You got linked by ips probably or same public information or very related to somebody else and also the phone number you used probably was already used on another account.
Old 12-14-2011
MU
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by flylow View Post
if you can log into your router you should be able to change the lease time...
i would suggest googling your router and changing of the lease time...
when i first started i just went digging into the router and bingo, i found it and reset it....i can change ips in about 1.5 minutes round trip now...
Thanks for your help. I tried doing htat before but maybe I did something wrong. I know where to change the lease time, suppose I change it to 5 minutes. Do I turn off everything, including the computer that I'm using? Or is it just the router? The issue is that we have 5 computers on this network and I'm trying to figure out a way how to switch back and forth between at least two accounts.

"I do NOT Understand this Post,,Did you or Did you NOT use the SAME Paypal account with those 2 Ebay accounts,,The post reads like you are NOT 100% Sure,,

I am 100% SURE that if you use 1 Paypal account to accept payments from 2 Ebay accounts that Ebay will Link those 2 Ebay accounts, so if that is what you did then that is what happened,,,

As for the FIOS IP,,,the post above is Correct,,if you log onto the Router simply change the lease time on you ip address,,, "

I am 95% sure that I DID NOT use the same PP with these two accounts. But it is a possibility since its been a while. Do you know of any way to switch between IPs using Fios? I'll try changing the lease time on the router again. To be sure, though, I turn off the router by unplugging it from the wall for the time i set and not just hitting the reset button on the router?
Old 12-14-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Quote:
Yes they are but this is such an old account that I haven't even logged into for months. I did opearate in complete stealth. LIterally everything was different. I use a VPN as an IP changing service as changing IPs thorugh Verizon fios is too complicated and uncontrollable. Did your selling limits go up after the 90 days?
VPN and complete stealth are not compatible. Sorry, you're fooling yourself.

Here's the 1st rule of stealth for you: it's hard work. Simples.

Take the shortcuts, the easy way and get caught

95% sure of what paypal got used asked for trouble. Ideal stealth should be 105%.

I think you have over-estimated your own cleverness.

Why? Any & All of the below.

Signing into an old account will trigger a reaction from ebay. They go into defense mode. They act as if that account was hacked. It appears in this instance they choose to disbelieve the response. Account & IP should not have been touched.

Not knowing for sure which paypal acccepted funds is lazy. It's known paypal used between accounts means a LINK. That makes troubles.

VPN's flag accounts. Other options exist as pointed out by sean. Choice would be yours. Dial-up even.

Note that the notice from ebay says 'appears' like that other account. You lucked out because it was linked.

Appears you've taken a bit of this, a bit of that and called it stealth. Not so.
I know it's annoying. But you have to cover your bases better. Takes one flag from the bots and you lost your account. That was preventable
Old 12-14-2011
Executive [VIP]

Consider yourself lucky that your account is still alive. A great time to go stealth properly.
Old 12-14-2011
Executive [VIP]

Its a miracle they are letting you keep the account. I have seen permanent closure for way less. To me this is a good sign that they are slowing eliminating accounts super quick. Looks like they are starting to take a hit financially. Hopefully the holiday clean-up is almost over with,
Old 12-14-2011
MU
Threadstarter  

Thanks a lot for the help everyone< i really appreciate it. You guys are right, I should be moe careful and pay better attention to the finer details of going stealth. one last question though, I can't seem to find a way to control IP changing (switching from one IP to another, then back to the original one). Does anyone know of a way to do this with Verizon Fios?
Old 12-16-2011

Longevity: 98%

eBay likes to lie saying all selling accounts have this. Of all my eBay accounts, only one has these limits and they will raise them and never remove them.