Legit Account - $6500/130 Limit - Auto 30 Day Schedule - Any experience? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 12-19-2011

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 71%
Default Legit Account - $6500/130 Limit - Auto 30 Day Schedule - Any experience?

Hello,

I have had an eBay account since 2009 and sold my first item early 2010. I only sold a couple of things early on and just started getting into selling as I found a legitimate drop shipper here in the past few weeks.

My original limit was $5,000/100 items which I reached. I called them and the guy was pretty nice in explaining why the eBay policies were in place. He asked me what I was looking to sell and whether I had the goods in stock. I told him the truth, and the items I am selling are low risk.

After running it through the system, I was approved for a 30% increase which bumped me to $6,500/130 a month. He said he put me on an automatic 30 day re-evaluation for an increase every month. He also explained that it may not seem like much now, but as long as I keep my account in good standing I will get this every month and in a few months my account would be to a level where I am comfortable because the increases get bigger and bigger as well (up to 100% max increase if you did very well in everything).

He stressed that the selling limits were being imposed on everyone, and it was to maintain quality standards because some sellers tend to get too big (sometimes to fast) and their standards and turn around starts dropping which leads to unhappy customers and an overall worse off eBay experience.

This all makes sense and I completely agree because in my case, I have a 100% legit account and 100% verified PayPal account for many years with a PayPal credit card (good limit) and debit card. I have ran a *significant* amount of money through my PayPal account with no problem in the years.

Now, can anyone that has had similar experience or know any facts tell me if I will get my increase every 30 days as long as my DSR are up to par, I don't get bad feedback, I don't have open cases, and I have good communication with my customers?

I realize there are many, many things that can be sold on eBay that are against their policy that you can make a big buck off of. But I am just looking to make a good income becoming a power seller with high monthly volume. I want to know what the realistic time frame would be to get to this level, all negatives aside.
The Following User Says Thank You to nebuspp For This Useful Post:
jamblix (12-20-2011)
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 12-20-2011

Longevity: 82%

Yes, I would say you're definitely on the right track. Limits will raise automatically as you mentioned with good service high feedback+DSRs. It sounded like that eB rep was spot on about the 30 day automatic re-evaluations.

Becoming a power seller isn't so hard, I got power seller+top rated seller status on an account with only 60 feedback and a few months of selling. I don't see anything that would hinder you now or how you can improve so good luck.

-Albert Einstein
The Following User Says Thank You to jamblix For This Useful Post:
nebuspp (12-21-2011)
Old 12-20-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Especially as dropshipping is such an unfavored method with ebay, your luck is inmeasurable. Hard to imagine just how you did it, how you found one nice ebay staffer AND then our forum. Lucky all around I guess
Old 12-20-2011
Administrator

Thanked 1,568 Times in 861 Posts
Activity: 27%
Longevity: 91%

Quote:
Originally Posted by nebuspp View Post
just started getting into selling as I found a legitimate drop shipper here in the past few weeks.
Good Luck with that. :>

I have never read a single post on this forum where someone said they were successful with selling using a drop-shipper.

BUT: I have read nearly a 100 posts of new members coming here because they were suspended and/or limited because of drop-shipping.

Best advice I can give you (and most here will agree) is to secure your own product before listing anything for sale.

Last edited by TGMT²; 12-20-2011 at 12:58 AM.
Old 12-20-2011
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenBean™ View Post
Especially as dropshipping is such an unfavored method with ebay, your luck is inmeasurable. Hard to imagine just how you did it, how you found one nice ebay staffer AND then our forum. Lucky all around I guess
I have seen stories all over the internet of PayPal and eBay banning sellers and suspending them left and right...sometimes for no reason. But I know a whole lot of that is just BS. People who post about getting their accounts banned probably only tell half the story. I don't see them randomly banning good standing verified seller accounts who are making eBay money, PayPal money, and giving a good product and customer service to the customer. There has to be SOMETHING that was done wrong (repeatedly) or something that was a major violation for them to put an initial ban which results in a forever tainted history with eBay.
Old 12-20-2011
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGMT² View Post
Good Luck with that. :>

I have never read a single post on this forum where someone said they were successful with selling using a drop-shipper.

BUT: I have read nearly a 100 posts of new members coming here because they were suspended and/or limited because of drop-shipping.

Best advice I can give you (and most here will agree) is to secure your own product before listing anything for sale.
The drop shipper I uses is very select and 100% reputable based in the USA. I don't see myself having problems with them in the future unless it is something I overlooked or a fault on my end.

The eBay rep said that drop shipping is perfectly acceptable on eBay, but he just gave me an extra word of caution since there were many shady drop shippers and scams out there who can easily not come through and lead to multiple and frequent unsatisfied buyers. This of course will inevitably lower DSR, thus creating limits/suspensions. Perfectly understandable if a seller gets limited/suspended bc of this.

However, I have heard stories of sellers buying from their competition and bashing an account on the right foot with positives rating but bad DSR so it severs their competitions ability to scale. Does this happen often?

I already have a list of over 10 to 15 big power sellers who are drop shipping and could be possible using the same source that I am. They are listing thousands and thousands of listings, and some have been doing so for many years. This obviously tells me (if my assumption about the power sellers drop shipping is correct) that there is a possibility for me to be able to make a feasibly good income within a couple months, given everything goes smoothly especially with feedback and DSRs.

My items are low risk and low dollar. I have a clean eBay and PayPal history and fully verified. I do not intend to go against eBay policies. I am just terrified that one of these horror stories where sellers have 1000s of positive feedback at 100% being limited or suspended will happen to me. There is no way for me to sell my items and make good money by selling 10 at a time with multiple accounts lol.
Old 12-20-2011
Administrator

Thanked 1,568 Times in 861 Posts
Activity: 27%
Longevity: 91%

Hey, I wish you all the Best! And I hope you come back here and tell us how Great you are doing.

Ask yourself this...

Why would someone in the U.S. drop-ship a product for you (or anyone else) when they themselves could list the same product or products and keep ALL the profits?
Old 12-20-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

I would hope that you have a record of that converstation in writing and the name of that staffer. Many here have trusted ebay staffers to their detriment.

i'm kinda wondering what the date is too?
Old 12-20-2011
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGMT² View Post
Hey, I wish you all the Best! And I hope you come back here and tell us how Great you are doing.

Ask yourself this...

Why would someone in the U.S. drop-ship a product for you (or anyone else) when they themselves could list the same product or products and keep ALL the profits?
Thanks and I definitely will, whether I have success or failure!

The answer to that is simple. Anyone using them can reach customers who wouldn't have been reached otherwise, creating more bottom line profit for the drop shopper than there was before.

Its kinda like why in the world so many people buy off of eBay. If anything new is regularly sold on eBay by a seller, than it can be found somewhere else cheaper...does that make eBay the most expensive over priced site in the world lol?

I've seen countless auctions for a brand new item that is HOT and bid up to for example $50 with a day to go. If you spent the time to search, there was a power seller selling the exact same thing brand new for $15. LMAO
Old 12-20-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,909 Times in 8,202 Posts
Activity: 99%
Longevity: 83%

Welcome to the forums - you are getting advice from top members here - all the best.
Old 12-20-2011
Threadstarter  

Has anyone had any experience in a situation like mine? Or any experience from a $6500/130 limit being increased monthly automatically?

I just want to know if I will for sure get an increase as long as everything is in good standing, especially DSR. Has anyone ever gotten their limits completely taken off...or upped to even over 50k?
Old 12-20-2011

Longevity: 82%

well i got my limit raised to 7500.00 but i had to call first
Old 12-20-2011

Longevity: 79%

Quote:
Originally Posted by nebuspp View Post
The drop shipper I uses is very select and 100% reputable based in the USA. I don't see myself having problems with them in the future unless it is something I overlooked or a fault on my end.

The eBay rep said that drop shipping is perfectly acceptable on eBay, but he just gave me an extra word of caution since there were many shady drop shippers and scams out there who can easily not come through and lead to multiple and frequent unsatisfied buyers. This of course will inevitably lower DSR, thus creating limits/suspensions. Perfectly understandable if a seller gets limited/suspended bc of this.

However, I have heard stories of sellers buying from their competition and bashing an account on the right foot with positives rating but bad DSR so it severs their competitions ability to scale. Does this happen often?

I already have a list of over 10 to 15 big power sellers who are drop shipping and could be possible using the same source that I am. They are listing thousands and thousands of listings, and some have been doing so for many years. This obviously tells me (if my assumption about the power sellers drop shipping is correct) that there is a possibility for me to be able to make a feasibly good income within a couple months, given everything goes smoothly especially with feedback and DSRs.

My items are low risk and low dollar. I have a clean eBay and PayPal history and fully verified. I do not intend to go against eBay policies. I am just terrified that one of these horror stories where sellers have 1000s of positive feedback at 100% being limited or suspended will happen to me. There is no way for me to sell my items and make good money by selling 10 at a time with multiple accounts lol.
Low risk and low dollar and many thousands of listings? Are you sure they are using dropshippers? Usually the profit margins aren't high enough to handle that? Just my thoughts though.