Linking unlimited seller account??? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 12-21-2011

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 71%
Default Linking unlimited seller account???

I have an almost 3 year old account that is fully verified and legit along with PayPal. Current limit is $6500/130 on automatic re-evaluation every 30 days according to eBay Rep.

My friends has an account since 1999 which is also legit, not linked to any other eBay account, and never had anything but positive feedback. His rating is only around 300 bc he only buys/sells casually.

When I asked him to check his selling limits, he said he did not have any. I have seen people report no selling limits on new accounts and even some old accounts, but then they get hit with them once they start selling more.

Do you guys/gals think that I should partner up with my friend and link both our accounts? My benefit would be that I have a lot more room to sell my stuff legitimately. His benefit is a partnership with me.

The only thing I am concerned with is if this would somehow raise red flags with eBay and potentially cause a suspension? This seems unlikely as both our accounts are taint free, fully verified, and in good standing with eBay...but eBay tends to do bizarre things according to anonymous seller reports.

Thanks for your time and happy holidays!
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 12-21-2011
Banned

Longevity: 85%

rule #1 do not link anything 1 goes down they all fall down....
The Following User Says Thank You to oge For This Useful Post:
DoubleA (12-16-2012)
Old 12-22-2011

if i were you, i would start opening and nurturing stealth accounts to accomodate additional sales capacity.

also, if you have not already done so, purchase the Stealth Book, learn the process, study this forum and most importantly, follow the advice of the fellow forum members.

hope this helps and Good Luck!!!
Old 12-22-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Quote:
Originally Posted by nebuspp View Post
Do you guys/gals think that I should partner up with my friend and link both our accounts? My benefit would be that I have a lot more room to sell my stuff legitimately. His benefit is a partnership with me.

The only thing I am concerned with is if this would somehow raise red flags with eBay and potentially cause a suspension? This seems unlikely as both our accounts are taint free, fully verified, and in good standing with eBay...but eBay tends to do bizarre things according to anonymous seller reports.

Thanks for your time and happy holidays!
Please do not consider damaging these accounts by 'linking'.

This would be so dangerous.

Info does not match for starters. Raises flags.

ebay has this nasty habit of suspending subsequent accounts that get attached to older accounts. Why do they do this? They perceive that the seller is trying to get around selling limits.

Whole thing is not what I would suggest to any user.

Pay attention to the advice of oge & flylow.

Dont risk your accounts and risk damaging a friendship

3 replies = 3 not recommended at all.
shan7-8-6 (12-23-2011)
Old 12-22-2011
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 72%

Quote:
Originally Posted by nebuspp View Post

When I asked him to check his selling limits, he said he did not have any. I have seen people report no selling limits on new accounts and even some old accounts, but then they get hit with them once they start selling...................!
I have 2 accounts with no limits and that have never been limited. Mind you I only sell $3,000 to $6,000 per account per month.
Old 12-23-2011

Longevity: 72%

what fly said. no need to link em to sell more just open another stealth. makes way more sense
Old 12-23-2011
Threadstarter  

Thanks for all your replies everyone.

To answer everyone's responses, I am kind of leery of linking anything to my account because I do not want to compromise it. The reason I do not want to open a stealth account is because if I make a mistake, it is almost sure that this account will be banned to...and I will be risking my main account with decent limits for a limited new account with small limits.

I will probably just keep it running and slowly growing. Lets see what happens when my account is re-evaluated in January.
Old 12-23-2011
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 81%

ebay aside I wouldn't even "link" accounts with my most trusted friend or family.