eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   eBay Discussion! (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/)
-   -   usetheyellowbutton@ebay.com Yellow Button on EBAY - cloaking your identity in emails (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/4129-usetheyellowbutton-ebay-com-yellow-button-ebay-cloaking-your-identity-emails.html)

ngpgirl 04-20-2008 06:26 PM

usetheyellowbutton@ebay.com Yellow Button on EBAY - cloaking your identity in emails

Hi, maybe I'm being paranoid, but maybe not. I was communicating with someone on ebay about a purchase and responded to the person's message by hitting reply on my email. I didn't see that the email was being sent to usetheyellowbutton@ebay.com and not the person's actual email address. The problem is that my message to the person included my paypal id. I'm worried because I have a suspended account using the same paypal id and I'm worried ebay will link my accounts and suspend my new account. I've been very careful not to reveal info that could link me, but in this case, I thought I was emailing the person directly. Now the email has been sent to usetheyellowbutton@ebay.com. Does ebay even look at the emails sent to that address? Do you think the will link me?

NowWhat 04-20-2008 06:48 PM

I think you are probably safe. How could they check every message? Unless you are already under suspicion.

ngpgirl 04-20-2008 07:07 PM

Well, maybe I am already under suspicion? I do already have a suspended account. However, I really don't think there has been anything on my unsuspended account that would cause suspicion...(until this yellow button thing).

scouse12345 04-20-2008 07:12 PM

Being Paranoid.... don't lose sleep over it... in fact there's a post somewhere from a user that has little blue squares floating round there screen... ask them for some of thier meds.. :)

TotallyDisgusted 04-20-2008 07:55 PM

ROFLMAO!! Needed that tonight :)

ngpgirl 04-20-2008 11:21 PM

Haha, well I guess I'm glad I provided someone with some entertainment tonight. I guess all the things I've read recently about ebay have me thinking that everyone who works for ebays T&S department spends all day trying to find ways to suspend people!

mantisinc 04-21-2008 06:19 AM

I believe that email address is to an unmonitored box. So you should be okay :)

TotallyDisgusted 04-21-2008 07:01 AM

Haha, well I guess I'm glad I provided someone with some entertainment tonight.

I'm sorry...not laughing at you. Sometimes we all need a little comic-relief...gets stressful w/eb & pp. The yellow-button blue-squares floating thing hit me when I was slightly slap-happy...no offense.

Lisa B 04-21-2008 04:23 PM

Modee - How is that possible when they hide their email address from you?
I have this one Buyer who emailed me using eBay messaging with a copy to my yahoo mail account wanting to buy goods from one of my unsold auctions how should I respond to him? his email address is hidden from me.
I'm hesitant in telling him to go to ecrater where my goods are posted. I know eBay will check my messages, no good jerks.

GreenBean 04-21-2008 04:48 PM

LisaB, is the sale worth doing this? Just my experiences messages like this when the buyer wants something have come from an email address and not thro' ebay. What if this is a competitor? Somebody might be trying to set you up for big troubles. I would not trust that.:rolleyes:
just my take on this.

GreenBean 04-21-2008 06:47 PM

Quite,modee, I am sure that your customers find you irresistible.:p

Jonas 04-22-2008 01:35 AM

I still find most of buyers will not check their email or just lose all email sent to them every time.

Lisa B 04-22-2008 04:19 PM

Yea, I'm going to ingore this Guy, don't know who I'm dealing with.

aking 03-27-2009 09:47 AM

Ok, so are you guys saying that when you try to reply to a message through your email and you get the usetheyellowbutton@ebay.com address, potential buyers are hidding their email address?

I get that sometimes when I check my gmail, not often though.

doughboykilla 03-27-2009 10:24 AM

Yeah when u have to respond by useing the yellow button there hideing there email. I do not respond to people who do this.

Lyda 03-27-2009 10:35 AM

I try to answer all my Ebay or buyer's emails through my dial up. Those are forwarded to my regular email to quick read- which is on IP I don't want Ebay to know. I would never click on whatever Ebay's links or pictures/buttons they have as it would ask you to sign into your account anyway to complete..
In a heat of the moment Lol, it's easy to forget where you are. Than they would see what IP that email came from. So, never clicking on any links, buttons from Ebay or PayPal unless you are in your safe window user environment with all of your cookies, flash etc. they want so bad.:typing:

aking 03-27-2009 01:00 PM

Yea, I reply to through my email when their email address comes up. But when I see the usetheyellowbutton thing, I just wait until I get on my normal login pc, username and IP.