eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   eBay Discussion! (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/)
-   -   PayPal personal information may be released only by subpoena, search warrant, etc. (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/4213-paypal-personal-information-may-released-only-subpoena-search-warrant-etc.html)

otaku231 04-24-2008 01:23 AM

PayPal personal information may be released only by subpoena, search warrant, etc.

Can some one tell me please if some one hire a private investigator to find out where you live by just having the paypal email address you accept for payments? They will first contact paypal to get your personal information (address, name, phone #) even though it is ⊗⊗⊗⊗ and the bank account you use to withdraw money which is real bank account. And, if he were able to do so, can he then contact the bank to verify if the information he obtained from paypal is ⊗⊗⊗⊗ Or most recent information where you recieve bank statements or your real name, address, and phone #. Please let me as it is really important to me since a competitor threatening to meet me face to face for whatever reason he is trying to achieve with that which might be a threat to my family!! So I don't want to take that chance! I hope some one can help me one this :)

imjustme 04-24-2008 02:20 AM

Not without a court order I would think.

jscan 04-24-2008 03:25 AM

Hello, i have done certificate II & III in security and am also attending PI course which i complete in a few months.

In Australia unless they have a court order to do so they would not be able to find out any information from paypal, or unless they had a subonea to make paypal provide the neccessary information for use in court.

PI isnt really a powerfully position in Australia, unlike PI's in other countries. The company that i am doing my training with, there PI's usually work on small things ie: wife wanting to see if husbands cheating, centrelink wants to see if someone's a welfare cheat etc.

ebayhateluv 04-24-2008 11:35 AM

PLUS.. they get alot of info from your credit file---i.e. recent inquiries-they just call those people, see what info on your app, (if they can sweet talk a clerk)--
Otherwise--your credit file can give them your dob.ss number, address last 10 yrs, job info etc,, even spouse info,how you pay, if your in debt, etc.

GreenBean 04-25-2008 12:24 AM

You Know

:rolleyes: This thread has to be one of the most....... {fill in ANY WORD}.

What you are saying about what your competitor wants to do is ONLINE
EXTORTION. FBI Love to deal with that.

Send an email saying you are taking legal advice with the FBI. Or if that's what
you are planing to do yourself, DO NOT. It is a Federal Offense.

otaku231 04-25-2008 04:54 PM

No I am not trying to do this myself (if i were I wouldn't need any of your help). Anyway, how is this Online Extortion and if it is what proof can I give to FBI other then the email address the seller use to accept paypal payments and the IP address (which he probably already change it).

Also, Can someone please answer my other question which is "can the private investigator still find out who i am when he recieve the subpoena and contact the bank account I used to get verified with payal to get my real info?"

tvaughan08 04-25-2008 08:53 PM

The investigator more then likely has to have a court order to subpoena bank records. It all depends on if there was a crime commited with the bank account. you have to give more details the question is to blah for anyone to be somewhat accurate.

otaku231 04-27-2008 11:55 PM

Okay I understand what I wanted to know. thanks for making it more clear!:)

MOBSTER 04-28-2008 08:40 PM

I spoke with an attorney today, and he says it is not hard to unearth your real identity. once a lawsuit is in action, at the end of the day its very easy to get your real idenity..
I have a bogus attorney after me claiming trademark infringement, i was asking my attorney if had my name been different would the outcome be different? he said no. so be careful what you sell. im getting busted for a "likeness".. he suggesting i settle.. i hear you guys say ignore it.. this is over 5 $10 items. perhahps, the attorney just tells me to settle to cover himself.. he couldnt tell me "dont worry about it" incase that 1% chance something becomes of it.. whats your take? settle, ignore? what?? they want $4000 bux for damages. again, i sold 5 and maybe profited $20. did not use thier name or picture. im afraid i will be served papers if i ignore it.

ovidiu 04-28-2008 09:16 PM

Well, the only thing they have, in the end, is your internet info, IP, etc. I am assuming anyone would need a court order to force a ISP to disclose this info. Perhaps your attorney did not understand the "depth" of your eBay "alternate identity" operation.

MOBSTER 04-28-2008 09:47 PM

well, my problem is under my real name. i asked him about the ⊗⊗⊗⊗ name for future knowledge/future problems (should they occur). If you get a C&D letter to a ⊗⊗⊗⊗ name, it doesnt neccessarily save you since you have ⊗⊗⊗⊗ ebay/⊗⊗⊗⊗ name ⊗⊗⊗⊗ cc.. etc... according to him, if someone wants to file a suit against you and finds your ebay is under ⊗⊗⊗⊗ names, it isnt difficult to get your bank records to find out who you really are.. IE. routing/acct # of the paypal account..
i dont know, this is just what he said.. so i thought id bring it up here to share.... or perhaps you guys have past experience. Just because hes an attorney doesnt mean he knows all the ramifactions of internet stuff.

so, any of you offer settlements for C&D letters, or counter offer a settlement amount? what happens? everyone says they ignore.. Anyone respond?? what happend?

ebayhateluv 04-28-2008 10:01 PM

HI: Maybe my case is different than yours.. But, I have Challenged Gibney & Assoc, aka Rolex USa many times, They know me by name, and I had my own attorney write them many letters and we served them many letters threatening a lawsuit for unfair business practices, interference, etc.
We submitted my tax returns for the last 3 yrs, asking for damages in excess of $599k.. in lost Revenues,,and we damanded a Jury Trial at one point.
They backed off, and they also Reinstated my listings, with ebay...

MOBSTER 04-28-2008 10:20 PM

my attorney wants $600 just to draw up letter if they accept my settlement, a letter stating accepting my settlement relieves them of sueing me..

i made like $20 if that, and they want $4000. i think this is obsurd, everyone i talk to says to ignore it that its stupid, but im afraid they will file a suit anyways.. does judge judy take trademark cases LOL>..

MOBSTER 04-28-2008 10:22 PM

by the way, this paticular listing was never removed by vero (scratch my head). I just got a surprise C&D letter demading money. were you selling genuine rolex watches?

ovidiu 05-02-2008 03:02 AM

Mobster, I think they are just shaking you down for money. Too many companies doing that. Without proof of willfull, knowing infringement (which is a difficult standard to meet), they don't have a lot on you. I think you may simply want to offer refunds to all your buyers (just process them thru Paypal), document proof of that, and now is the tricky part.

Does the attorney/company know you sold ⊗⊗⊗⊗? How did they get your info? One of your buyers must have turned you in. If you refund the buyers and document that, it will make the case a little harder for the company. They may decide chasing you isn't worth it. Beware of your average lawyer. Too many are poorly versed in intellectual property and will quickly advise that you settle.

MOBSTER 05-03-2008 02:58 AM

hi Ovidiu,
thanks for addressing my post.
i wasnt selling ⊗⊗⊗⊗, they are claiming a graphic i made was too much like theirs. without giving myself away (you never knows whos reading), the design is largely copied as Likeness all over on things.. so, targeting me is very strange. no one turned me in, they bought one of my items as their proof. Since i only sold a few i was able to back track my emails and records to find out who they were and they were trying to get me to sell them the "real" graphic. Also, my listing never got removed and they didnt send the cease & desist until months later. They know it is something i personally designed.. i dont know that offering refunds would matter, its not like i could say... woops, i discovered i accidently sold you a ⊗⊗⊗⊗ item" when anyways, it wasnt ⊗⊗⊗⊗.. its all really stupid! i also )had an ebayer ask me to sell another trademark graphic, who (surprise!!!) they reprsent aswell (thinks its them?? i do!) thank god, i never listed that paticular graphic.. so its a total set up scam.. so beware of these people. they ask you to list a specific graphic, then later slap you with a settlement demand letter!! i knew something was up when they started asking all kinds of questions.. "do you sell alot of these".. "wow, i bet you sell alot of these". "how long have you been selling this one for" "did you design it or buy it somewhere".
UNBELIEVABLE!! is all i can say..
about the attorney, i don think he realized that this design is copied in many variations and sold in retail stores.. So, my grandpa is running it by his attorney.. always good to get a few different opinions.. might not need them, but if i do, ill be prepared. i will pay an attorney before i pay them. specially the amount they are asking for.