eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   eBay Discussion! (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/)
-   -   Seller escalated a case for a refunded laptop (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/42473-seller-escalated-case-refunded-laptop.html)

eternal 02-09-2012 01:02 AM

Seller escalated a case for a refunded laptop

Hello, A few days ago I sent a damaged laptop I bought from a seller.
I opened a case to fix a refund and everything,.

Today I checked the laptop finally arrived to the seller's adress.

Then after this he escalated the case to Ebay Customer Support.

Just wanted to know if this is normal.

What can I expect of this.

Will I get my refund after all?

I'll get an answer from Eb in 72 hours they said

What If I don't get my refund?

BiN4RY 02-09-2012 01:29 AM

As long as you shipped the item back in a timely manner after eBay asking you to, and have a tracking number to the address eBay is asking you to ship back to, I don't see why they wouldn't refund you.

GreenBean 02-09-2012 01:59 AM

@BiN4RY,

that server glitch took the 1st thread.

It's more complicated to reply to this question as info is missing.

laptop was overheating when OP got it.

Seller agreed to refund UNTIL further discussions.

OP advised seller item was faulty. ( something about missing screws, suggesting item opened by parties unnamed)

Seller then said refund provided item returned in orginal condition with all packing.

And no, this actually has been going on for longer than 21 days. Not sure 'timely' return accurate.

OP can fill in details because the question is not straightforward :juggle:

eternal 02-09-2012 05:19 AM

Thanks GreenBean, that was more or less what happened. I received a laptop that overheated and turned off, could noticed missing screws, asked for a refund, and opened a case just to make sure everything was going to be fine.

I just think it's kind of "curious" that the seller escalated the case for revision in the moment he received the laptop, probably he'll try to get away with it? No feedback left yet, but I'd like to have my money back and leave a 5 star instead!!

PS so what happened exactly with that "glitch", my original thread dissapeared :O

UPDATE :humble:

REFUNDED!!!!!

I just got a PP email saying I was refunded!! 410 USD back to me!! I'll just check it to confirm but I think it's done!! Thanks!

GreenBean 02-09-2012 06:12 AM

Good one, eternal :cheer:

rsot 02-09-2012 11:16 AM

Nice work eternal - way to stay on top of things.

pod 02-09-2012 12:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eternal (Post 310673)

REFUNDED!!!!!

Good stuff. He escalated as a Hail Mary pass hoping it would go in his favor. Can happen on occasion, so he tried. This is why I said in original thread to file claim. He was obviously trying to screw you around and this proves it

Its nice to be a good buyer and try and think like a seller. But when they start acting up, protect yourself

Glad it worked out.

newjerseymax 02-09-2012 02:26 PM

Buyer is king! You really can pick and chose items you want for free on eb if you are twisted in that way.

pod 02-09-2012 02:28 PM

How do you get "free" out of this? I suspect you are a seller that thinks you are doing the buyer a favor and they should shut up, pay and go away....

vany 02-09-2012 03:07 PM

Glad for you eternal, way to go :)

cardfelon 02-09-2012 04:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by newjerseymax (Post 310817)
Buyer is king! You really can pick and chose items you want for free on eb if you are twisted in that way.

So you would want people to scam you?? That's not cool :nono:

Sandy D 02-09-2012 10:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by newjerseymax (Post 310817)

Correct. What I call the "professional buyers" on ebay has stepped up their scam game lately.

I had a guy recently want to return an item, I said sure, once I get it back I will issue you a refund. Then came you will have to pay me for the return shipping. I said no. What does he do? File Item not as described.
In his case he said due to his trouble and time spend on this he would like to keep the item and deserves a full refund as he cannot take his lunch time to drive 20 minutes to the post office to return an item not as described.

My answer to the case--- Give me your work address and I will send a UPS call tag to pick up the box.

Waiting on answer.

External great job of following through!

LoopHole 02-10-2012 12:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sandy D (Post 310987)
Correct. What I call the "professional buyers" on ebay has stepped up their scam game lately.

I had a guy recently want to return an item, I said sure, once I get it back I will issue you a refund. Then came you will have to pay me for the return shipping. I said no. What does he do? File Item not as described.
In his case he said due to his trouble and time spend on this he would like to keep the item and deserves a full refund as he cannot take his lunch time to drive 20 minutes to the post office to return an item not as described.

My answer to the case--- Give me your work address and I will send a UPS call tag to pick up the box.

Waiting on answer.

External great job of following through!

Yes they are stepping their game up. There is much more damage that he could have done. But i won't say it. I really believe that this stuff should not be discussed in any way shape or form on the forums. By the way nothing against what you said Sandy, but the more we talk about it the more clues people get. And yes we are all here trying to be sellers, but these sellers even from this forum can become professional buyers too. After all who doesn't like free stuff right?

mercurial333 02-10-2012 04:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eternal (Post 310673)
Thanks GreenBean, that was more or less what happened. I received a laptop that overheated and turned off, could noticed missing screws, asked for a refund, and opened a case just to make sure everything was going to be fine.

I just think it's kind of "curious" that the seller escalated the case for revision in the moment he received the laptop, probably he'll try to get away with it? No feedback left yet, but I'd like to have my money back and leave a 5 star instead!!

PS so what happened exactly with that "glitch", my original thread dissapeared :O

REFUNDED!!!!!

I just got a PP email saying I was refunded!! 410 USD back to me!! I'll just check it to confirm but I think it's done!! Thanks!

Good. Now you can buy retail at your local shop and avoid the pre-owned hassles.

lmao.

newjerseymax 02-13-2012 11:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pod (Post 310818)
How do you get "free" out of this? I suspect you are a seller that thinks you are doing the buyer a favor and they should shut up, pay and go away....

Does not matter what I think... It matters what I do...

All I am saying that is buyer is king when it comes to ebay and people can get away with a lot more then they should...

pod 02-13-2012 11:43 PM

Fair enough. But not relevant here. This is not a buyer that is trying to screw a seller. Not all buyers try and screw seller. You cant do this for a living thinking all buyers are just scum looking to pull one over on you. Will just make you miserable

Most buyers are good. Cant just assume that they are all like the small percentage that are a pain....