eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   eBay Discussion! (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/)
-   -   I have opened an eBay case. (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/43037-i-have-opened-ebay-case.html)

ulsterbeef 02-23-2012 06:16 AM

I have opened an eBay case.

Hello folks. As the title says.....

Basically, I bid and won on a laptop.

The laptop was listed in spares/ repairs ALTHOUGH described as and seen in pictures as working.

The only problem with the laptop accroding to the seller was. - only missing parts (ram + HDD) but it fully works.

However, upon delivery, it does not work. I have tried 3 different chargers, not only that, there are broken parts. The broken parts are what is stopping the laptop running, Im 99% certain. There are 4 different bits broken around where the battery meets the motherboard. 2 metal pins are broke and other plastic. These pins are required for the connection as you know etc etc.

The seller is having nothing to do with it and I was recommended by an eBay live chat rep to open a case which I have. Of course the buyer is denying it but they have shot themselves in the foot. They basically said in a message in case details that they had to buy parts for it to test it. Why would they need to buy parts to test if it was their laptop??? Any help would be nice

ulsterbeef 02-23-2012 07:27 AM

The buyer has gone and put their foot in it now. He said he bought it at a boot sale. Unbelievable

GreenBean 02-23-2012 07:39 AM

What?????????????

What you saying?

First you are the buyer
The seller is givng grief
Now the buyer put his foot in it...............

I guess you mean the seller has replied by saying he got this in a car boot sale as a defence to your claim of not working?

If so these are the questions>

Was the laptop advertised as working model in the general body of the listing?
(Ignore the fact where you said it got listed)

Are you surprised and disappointed to have taken delivery of a non-fuctioning laptop?

If affirmative to both your claim is item not described ....because it does not work as per the listing :juggle:

ulsterbeef 02-23-2012 07:52 AM

Sorry, I meant the seller has put their foot in it and admitted they bought a duff laptop at a boot sale. The realised it was broke and tried to flog it me to but clearly I'm having none of it.

Yes, the laptop was described as fully working and he included pictures of this. So what has happened is; he managed to get it going for the purpose of pictures and then its gave up.

The obvious issue is, he left out the damaged description and it does not work as described.

GreenBean 02-23-2012 08:05 AM

If your claim is along the lines of the thread ( apart from the mistakes ;)) then it should go favourably.

A user on here (eternal) had a case very much teh same.

Item was not as described ad he claimed successfully.

I gather you are returning for a full refund etc?

ulsterbeef 02-23-2012 08:14 AM

It is exactly how I have mentioned it here. Yea, I want a refund. I just wish he would stop wasting our time so I can get my money back and buy another.

I am going to record all serial nums, take pics and everything in case he tries to say I damaged it or whatnot.

GreenBean 02-23-2012 08:21 AM

:thumb: Good approach

Keep us posted