What is the sense of ebay doing this? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 02-28-2012

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 96%
Default What is the sense of ebay doing this?

I had an old laptop listed that ended yerterday. It actually went for quite a bit more than I had thought that it would. When I went to see who the winning bidder was it was a 0 FB bidder from Asia
So I was going to see how much it would cost to ship and then tell the buyer that they would have to pay the extra because they shouldn't have even been able to bid on it.
This morning I get up and check my messeges and there is an email from the buyer wanting to know what the shipping would be (should have asked that before bidding) and another messege from ebay saying that he was "suspicious" and "unauthorized" and that they had cancelled his bid and all of the other usual stuff.

Here is where I get confused.

How does an "unauthorized" user bid? How can you bid if you don't have an account, and if you have an account how can it be that you are not authorized?

The crazy thing that ticked me off was after I read that they had cancelled the bid I thought, great, there were several others bidding on it I'll shoot the next highest bidder a second chance. But ebay removed the item completely...as if it never even existed, so a second chance offer is out of the question. Maybe I could re list and everyone that was watching it would be alerted, but no, doesn't show up as completed or unsold or anything...POOF...Vanished.

I really don't want to waste another week if I don't have to so this really ticks me off.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 02-28-2012

Longevity: 73%

Quote:
How does an "unauthorized" user bid? How can you bid if you don't have an account, and if you have an account how can it be that you are not authorized?
A user creates an account. Then they do something "suspicious" like bidding (wow - bidding on an auction site, how bizarre!).

From my experience accounts created in Asia (with an Asian ip) will always be allowed to exist until any activity occurs.

I have had accounts that are fine for a while. That is until I actually try to use them. As soon as you make even one bid you get hit with a MC067 MC081 and a MC0081 - that is Cancelled listing, Message from Loss Prevention and my favourite the Account Suspension.

Why they then make your listing disappear is beyond me. As you said, having the chance to offer it to the next highest bidder would be better. But that would just be sensible, and as we know e Bay and sensible don't occur naturally in the same sentence.

What can you do? Just accept it as one of the fun aspects of doing business on e Bay! Hey at least you haven't been scammed out of your item, right? Things could have been worse.
Old 02-28-2012
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 77%

Had this happen on a Buy it Now ( without immediate payment required ).

Buyer opened a INR case 1 month later, said he wanted a refund since the item never showed up. Of course I never received payment from him, or Paypal intercepted his payment.

I guess their account get temporarily suspended or something among those lines.
Old 02-28-2012
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,909 Times in 8,202 Posts
Activity: 99%
Longevity: 83%

I agree that it is insane about how eb just cancels the entire listing - annoying as h*ll.
Old 02-28-2012

Longevity: 89%

It is usually when your counting on it also. MYfavorate situation similar to op is when you have like 50 or more listings up they are minutes from ending and your already thinking "wow I am doing good" and Poof gone nothing.