EBAY terminating all Feedback Withdrawal, Clarification of new feedback policy - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 05-07-2008
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 96%

Hehe, you beat me to posting the latest eBay nonsense. I love this part:

Quote:
We mentioned that we'd be aligning the Mutual Feedback Withdrawal process with the new system. After much consideration, we've made the decision to remove the Mutual Feedback Withdrawal process. The reason is that – under the new rules - it opens sellers up to extortion.
How does the ability to have negative feedback removed open sellers to extortion? Now buyers can leave negative feedback AND know that the seller will have no option to ever have it removed, even if the buyer later wants it removed.

For me, the situation is becoming clear. If someone leaves me negative feedback without a clear reason, I *will* get their account suspended and therefor my feedback removed. I have my ways, I've done it in the past and now I will do it even more.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 05-07-2008

Longevity: 93%

I still don't get it why sellers can't leave negative feedbacks.
I had an incident with one of my buyer who was the winner of my auction. Buyer placed a bid on the item 5 days before it ended. When it ended I received an email from buyer that she doesn't want the item but she wants one of my other item what I had just listed. So I agreed to that because I knew if I don't I would have received a negative feedback from buyer and eBay wouldn't care about that at all. And I know that most of the buyer will pull things like this on us so they can get what they want. So now we all have to agree with them or we'll just keep receiving negative feedbacks.
Old 05-07-2008
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 94%

Didn't you know...............eGay wants us Sellers to bend over and kiss the Buyers butts.
It makes me sick to my stomach how they throw their arms around the Buyers and leave us out to dry.
Old 05-07-2008
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 94%

ebay becomes more of a joke day by day,
Old 05-07-2008

Longevity: 92%

I think that this is a horrible decision on eBay's part. I have had quite a few buyers in the past attempt to blackmail me into either giving a partial or full refund by threatening negative feedback. The only recourse I had to defend myself was to remind them that feedback is a two-way street. I tried contact eBay about those problems and received the same reply each of the three times - "eBay does not get involved in feedback disputes." They don't care if it's not a real feedback dispute but is instead an attempt at extortion.

I even had one who threatened to leave me negative feedback (and ruin my then perfect 100% rating) if I didn't send him the item at no charge! Thankfully I saved the email and included it in the non-paying bidder report. But this will happen again, mark my words.

I will also mourn the loss of negative feedback on buyers because that was always a great way to filter out the bad apples. I have all my auctions set to automatically block buyers with a -1 or lower overall feedback rating and you wouldn't believe the number of emails I get from people who ask me to make an exception for them even though their feedback shows that they don't pay for their items.

And getting rid of SquareTrade is an idiotic move. I've only had recourse to SquareTrade a few times and each time it was because of something stupid. The last time I used the feedback removal service it was because a buyer left me glowing feedback in the text portion but classified it as a negative!

This is definitely going to decrease trade on eBay. I'm going to continue trying to sell on here, but I guarantee you all that the crooks and scam artists will be out in force trying to blackmail sellers, especially those with stellar feedback ratings.

Almost all of the blackmailers have been outside the US & Canada so I may just have to stop selling outside North America. But it's a shame that our businesses are being destroyed by these stupid moves on eBay's part. This is going to send many buyers packing. There are times when a buyer will leave a negative just to be mean. This sucks for sellers. Our hands are tied and that is not fair at all. Oh and if you give a seller a negative eBay will email you a coupon like for who knows $$ for your next purchase just cause eBay thinks you had a bad experience as a buyer,so buyers will keep leaving negatives just to get coupons just not Fair at all.........lets see what happens,, who here will charge a small fee just to have a buyer suspended I will be your first customer!!!!!!!!!Great way to make some side cash.
Old 05-08-2008

Longevity: 93%
Angry

I think eBay should protect sellers. At the end of the day we make the money for Ebay. We are the one who have to pay the fees every month even if we didn't sell anything. We still have to pay for listing fees, etc. And what really makes me mad is when we have a problem and send an email to eBay we only receive an automated email. Don't we deserve a little more than that? eBay is a big company, they should have customer service 24/7 like every other company.
Old 05-08-2008

Longevity: 98%

The UK version rewrote it instead of a copy and paste. They also said, "Over 95% of listings on eBay.co.uk now offer PayPal." This is ironic since 100% of them are forced to offer it. Maybe they're adding in adult listings, if ebay even still allows them to be sold.

Quote:
Originally Posted by imjustme View Post
For me, the situation is becoming clear. If someone leaves me negative feedback without a clear reason, I *will* get their account suspended and therefor my feedback removed. I have my ways, I've done it in the past and now I will do it even more.
Problem is, eBay will sometimes bring it back if they think it's a mistake. The safe way is if the neg is left early, you get them suspended, and then do the unpaid dispute.